Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lg thrill gingerbread update problems

Tip us?

android_mogul
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lg thrill gingerbread update problems

hello everyone i seem to be one of the few thrill owners that still isnt able to update to gingerbread 2.3.5 yet. i have tried many times using the official lg update tool but i had no luck there and then i tried using other methods such as the lg kdz flasher tool that many people have posted but i wasnt able to use that either. I am on a windows 7 pc and have want to upgrade my thrill to gb so that i can use some of the great roms like mokee. please help me solve this problem its very frustrating and i want gingerbread!

DaveNavy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Try Changing the LG applications Compatibility Mode to Windows Vista.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNavy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JReeher
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Did you try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22417769

And if so did you follow it exactly as its stated cause if you didn't it won't work

Sent from my Inspire 4G running AOKP IceColdSandwich 7.4 /Stripper addition

PolakPola
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb Try this

I had the same problem until today, i couldn't do the update.
Today i unlocked the phone and i was able to update at the first try. Maybe its gonna work for you too. I got the unlock code from ebay for 99cent.
The Following User Says Thank You to PolakPola For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

android_mogul
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not Solved

im sorry to say that none of the solutions have worked so far. I still have yet to try the unlocking method though so i will let you guys know if this works.

randy_c
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I have the same problem and now my phone really screw up. I got stuck after it downloaded 420MB files then when flashing keep getting disconnect phone, reconnect etc...