[STOPPED] [GT-S7500] Galaxy ACE Plus - Custom Kernel (Stable) + OC Kernel
I don't take any responsibility if your phone explodes, your girl/boyfriend breaks up with you or any other stuff.
Do not flash on anything else than an GT-S7500! No L model or W model, else you get a shiny brick.
Don't forget your warranty will get void if you flash this trough odin. (Unless someone figures out a way to reset the custom binary counter)
So flash AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Based on official Samsung Sources. Governors copied from freexperia github. Other changes by me.
- SavagedZen (beware: in sleep mode cpu speed is capped at 480Mhz)
- noop sheduler by default
- minimium frequency set at 122Mhz
- enabled 19Mhz and 61Mhz frequencies (use setcpu or similar)
Tested with S7500XXLC2/S7500OXXLC1/S7500XXLC2. Flash with odin.
- Overclock frequencies seem to have the same performance but OC is indeed working, thanks to mb-14
(Confirmed after many tests quadrant/setcpu/neocore cpu frequency is the same from minimal overclock to 1200Mhz)
- My phone as crashed 3 since I've overclocked it, so beware!
- Unless there is a better way of ocing, my newer builds will have oc disabled.
OC build v2 (31 May, 22h):
- Removed all overclock frequencies but 1200Mhz.
Bugs affecting all builds (even official ones):
- "Fuel gauge" might be bugged (maybe due to old/bugged samsung sources?) update:might be an rom bug instead.
- 3 pole headphones have noise in one channel and then the noise disappears (jack sensing bug?)
Help & feedback are appreciated.
New kernel posted minimal changes again (samsung config updated from a new version LE1)
If you don't want an yellow triangle at boot flash my custom rom and then flash the kernel using the terminal.
1-Extract the tar.md5 file
2-Copy the boot.img to the sdcard
3-Use the terminal (or adb) as root to cd to the sdcard folder
4-Then type this "dd if=boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8"
If you want to flash a custom recovery it works too, type "dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12"
Then you can flash whatever rom you want as long you don't use odin to flash an custom kernel or recovery you can keep your warranty intact (if you never flashed any custom kernel/recovery that is).
Keep in mind that this doesn't clear the counter only makes the triangle go away.
Custom recovery based on cm9 (126.96.36.199) posted (appears to work fine but more testing is required). Bootloop fixed.
If you get stuck in recovery (unknown boot mode) go to "advanced" and choose "reboot recovery" when it is finished rebooting into cwm again choose "reboot system now".
DEVELOPMENT IS STOPPED. I no longer have the ace plus.