[ROM][May 13][JB 4.2.1] AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.2 **Unleash The Beast!**

27th May 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 1,507

872 posts
Did you check the MD5 to make sure you had a good download? Just it again myself from the Rapidshare link and reflashed and all working ok.
If still no joy post the link if the CM9 version you used and I'll see if I can replicate the fault if a get a moment.
27th May 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #32  

872 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoestar

If I format system, I'm going to lose the ROM that is in my download folder....

No you wont. Format system only formats the system folder not the internal SD.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrwookie6379 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #33  
Question Can you clarify some wipe questions about the prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwookie6379

No you wont. Format system only formats the system folder not the internal SD.

What may we wipe without negative results... and what is it that is wiped when doing so..
27th May 2012, 06:48 AM   |  #34  

872 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushing

What may we wipe without negative results... and what is it that is wiped when doing so..

• Data/Factory Reset - As it sounds wipes all user data/apps back as if it were from the factory. Wont touch the system. SAFE
  • Wipe Cache Partition - Again as it sounds wipes the cache. SAFE
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache - Again as it sounds wipes the Dalvik cache. SAFE
  • Format System - Wipes the System partition. Removes any system files so effectively wiping any rom. Make sure to have another rom or backup on your device or your are in a sticky situation as without flashing or restoring another rom the device will not boot. BE CAREFUL
Last edited by mrwookie6379; 27th May 2012 at 06:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrwookie6379 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 07:44 AM   |  #35  
Okay this is what I've learned so after Formatting the system you have no ROM and are relying on what is on your internal SDcard which is not affected by system formatting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
Last edited by Rushing; 28th May 2012 at 11:21 AM.
27th May 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #36  

872 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushing

Okay this is what I've learned so after Formatting the system you have no ROM and are more relying on what is on your internal SDcard which is not affected by system formatting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Thats correct yes. Formatting system is always one to be very careful of and only really used when all else fails IMO. In short you dont need to use it every time you change ROM.

Sent from my AndroWook'd Prime
27th May 2012, 08:09 AM   |  #37  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 26

348 posts
More
Smile ThankS!
I would to see an OC version (1.6/1.7ghz) of your rom with most bloat gone!!! Kinda like Virtuous Prime S version (which is running a little buggy for me ).
27th May 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #38  
Flag Bamberg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 444

2,470 posts
Donate to Me
More
First to the OP thanks a million for giving us another rom to flash, I will have to wait a bit till my prime comes back from RMA. I had a battery issue,,,,,
Anyways, this might not be the place to ask but since ur giving us both DeOdexed and Odexed versions, why would I need one over the other?
Well I know deodexed keeps the apk files all together instead of some files being placed within the system but I guess I am confused and just curious on what is the best one to use.
27th May 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #39  

872 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synplex

I would to see an OC version (1.6/1.7ghz) of your rom with most bloat gone!!! Kinda like Virtuous Prime S version (which is running a little buggy for me ).

Actually working on something like that now as we speak. Just uploading a minimal version which should be availble in an hour or so and my full custom one in a few days. Cant do any more at the mo as get attacked by my little girl......LOL!
27th May 2012, 10:22 AM   |  #40  

872 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbruceli

First to the OP thanks a million for giving us another rom to flash, I will have to wait a bit till my prime comes back from RMA. I had a battery issue,,,,,
Anyways, this might not be the place to ask but since ur giving us both DeOdexed and Odexed versions, why would I need one over the other?
Well I know deodexed keeps the apk files all together instead of some files being placed within the system but I guess I am confused and just curious on what is the best one to use.

No problems have a read of this as it explain's it all....
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...omplete-guide/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread