Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][May 13][JB 4.2.1] AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.2 **Unleash The Beast!**

Tip us?
 
fd4101
Old
#811  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jacksonville
Hello everyone and happy fathers day!
First let me say that the ROM is fast and smooth and i appreciate all the work the dev's do on XDA (especially the ones working with my devices ). Now Mr.Wook First i am a noob so i'm not sure how to do a lot. I think i have the flashing ROMs down and i can use ADB, and that's about all my base knowledge if you need to know to help me.

i'm running Asus prime, balanced mode , with v1.32 wook, i did a fresh install using cwm and i cleared tablet before hand with prime full wipe.

I tried to watch a rip of my DVD John carter yesterday and it took me about three hours because every 10min or so it would just stop and take me to MX player menu screen. i tried SW and HW neither helped. Also this morning the browser would not stay open. There was no force close or "not responding" message it just kicked me to the home screen.

Sorry this is long but i'm not sure how much information you need. I'm going to flash the newest update to see if it fixes it but wanted to ask if anyone thinks the prime full wipe could be a culprit. I love the ROM just not sure i can use it without being able to watch moves or use browser. Any help will me appreciated.
 
it2swbrown
Old
#812  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 254
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moncks Corner, South Carolina, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fd4101 View Post
Hello everyone and happy fathers day!
First let me say that the ROM is fast and smooth and i appreciate all the work the dev's do on XDA (especially the ones working with my devices ). Now Mr.Wook First i am a noob so i'm not sure how to do a lot. I think i have the flashing ROMs down and i can use ADB, and that's about all my base knowledge if you need to know to help me.

i'm running Asus prime, balanced mode , with v1.32 wook, i did a fresh install using cwm and i cleared tablet before hand with prime full wipe.

I tried to watch a rip of my DVD John carter yesterday and it took me about three hours because every 10min or so it would just stop and take me to MX player menu screen. i tried SW and HW neither helped. Also this morning the browser would not stay open. There was no force close or "not responding" message it just kicked me to the home screen.

Sorry this is long but i'm not sure how much information you need. I'm going to flash the newest update to see if it fixes it but wanted to ask if anyone thinks the prime full wipe could be a culprit. I love the ROM just not sure i can use it without being able to watch moves or use browser. Any help will me appreciated.
Have you tried a different video player like stock or maybe something like DicePlayer? What about a different video.
Did you reboot and see if that fixed the issue with the video and MxPlayer?

Sometimes the flash can corrupt something so reflashing the build you are on after wiping cache/dalvik cache/factory reset/system or doing those wipes and flashing the new version will clear it up with no explanation at all.

Did you restore apps from titanium backup or go through the play store and restore from there?
If you restored from titanium try reinstalling everything from the play store.

Before you reflash I would try to clear cache/dalvik cache before and see if that helps.

I always try to do everything I can before I reflash the ROM to try and save me time.

Hope this helps.
VZW GN2
Go Gamecocks! 2010 and 2011 College Baseball World Series Champs!
The Following User Says Thank You to it2swbrown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
andy_rose
Old
#813  
andy_rose's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 428
Posts: 528
Join Date: Nov 2011
mrwookie6379, are you planning on releasing a version without the bravia engine?
 
flewpastu
Old
#814  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 253
Join Date: Jun 2011
I flashed 1.31 cause i was missing some of my apps when using the ww roms and wanted to see if I would get them back with the us rom and yes they all came back and last night watching a ripped video with my kids it locked and rebooted only once, i was using mx player as well and was installed from market ....

Overall it its very smooth rom and like it a lot
 
ahavens17
Old
#815  
ahavens17's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 133
Join Date: Nov 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Flat Black Theme

Not sure if anyone is interested, but here is a partial theme modified for the .28 systemui.apk. I didnt create it, just used the theme from this thread, and threw the pngs into the .28 systemui.apk that was used in wooks rom. The OP hasn't updated his to .28 yet. Just thought I'd share. It primarily gets rid of the blue/purple in the quick settings.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-17-10-06-23.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1136186  
Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.17 MB, 10 views)

[SIZE="1"]EVO 4G
HW 003 | HBoot 0.97.0000
PRL 60677 | Radio 2.15.00.05.02
Rooted, S=OFF | Recovery:TWRP v1.1.1
Rom:MIUI 2.5.4 | Krnl:Stock |

Asus Transformer Prime TF201
Serial: BCOKAS
Rooted, Unlocked | Recovery:TWRP 2.1.3
Rom:AndroWook Prime v1.33 Custom | Krnl:Motley v3.0.4

 
stephen44
Old
#816  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 296
Join Date: Dec 2010
loaded AndroWook Prime v1.34 WW28 Motley Kernel v3.0.4b with USB Mount Fix

works great - connects USB - and performs fantastic

Got #50 in antutu - so that is good enough for me.

Very smooth & fluid

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work on this combo !
regards


Stephen

Asus Transformer Prime 64GB - AndroWook HairyBean 1.51

Samsung Nexus - with AK KERNEL DUMMY 670 & LiquidSmooth 3.2

Archos A101-16GB - running Internal UrukDroid v1.6RC2 and LiveTV v0.8 using Hauppage 950Q ATSC DVB
 
lennie paz
Old
#817  
lennie paz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 782
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Illadelphia
Are there any themes that work on 1.34? I tried the cobalt theme but it gets stuck on the boot screen and i had to reinstall 1.34
 
mrwookie6379
Old
#818  
mrwookie6379's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,499
Posts: 869
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_rose View Post
mrwookie6379, are you planning on releasing a version without the bravia engine?
Yes. I have a version built now and am testing it before release.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
 
mrwookie6379
Old
#819  
mrwookie6379's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,499
Posts: 869
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie paz View Post
Are there any themes that work on 1.34? I tried the cobalt theme but it gets stuck on the boot screen and i had to reinstall 1.34
It wont work as they were for .21 base and AndroWook v1.34 is .28 base.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
 
fd4101
Old
#820  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jacksonville
So I wiped cashed and delvic and Mx player still not working right, nor stock using dice player however plays video just fine. So I'll be using it instead. The browser is working better since reboot but their is still one website kicking me to home screen, its a google search for vets in my area in a google review page, but since I can't duplicate on other sites I can live with it. I'm still thinking of flashing the newest version but since this one is working better now I might give it sometime to see if it will settle down and fix these minor problems. Also I don't use titanium so all apps are from store.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes