Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best ROM?

Tip us?

warrior24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Best ROM?

Whats best ROM out there? I know the ICS roms are buggy so lets try to exclude those unless you really do recommend it as a daily driver....lets here ur guys opinion? I havent installed a custom ROM on my phone yet so i'm trying to see what should be my 1st one. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

rfail1988
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I take some offense that you call the ics roms buggy. They are excellent daily driver candidates. If you need wifi calling the. Dark side evolution 2 beta 3 is excellent as it is a tmo base. The only known big bug is that there is a voice delay on wifi calling if you are far from your router. The att based ics roms are a bit less "buggy" from what I hear but won't cut it if you absolutely need wifi calling. I recommend trying them all and seeing what you like. Its a matter of preference, not stability.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to rfail1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Madblaster6
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I've used both ics darkside and gb I went back to gb for better battery and stability. There are still bugs that need to be fixed in ics. If you need more customization and faster speeds you can go with the ever so popular juggernaut. Or you can mix juggernauts rom and save battery with the darkside kernal witch people seem to be doing the most.

Razer ==> iPhone 2g (unlocked)==> iPhone 3g (unlocked) ===> T-mobile hd2 (android) ==> iPhone 4 (unlocked) ==> MyTouch 4g ==> Lg g2x ==> Mytouch 4g slide ==> Samsung galaxy S II ==> Samsung Galaxy S III ==> Samsung Galaxy Note II (returned) ==> Samsung Galaxy S4 ==> iPhone 5S + Moto X.
The Following User Says Thank You to Madblaster6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

warrior24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Haha sorry dont mean to offend. I appreciate all the work the devs put in to these roms and I guess I have no room to call them buggy. They do the best the can with the resources they have.....but I guess until the official ics ROM comes out I can't expect perfection nor do i ever. But just wondering what roms people are running on their GS2

nighthawk1991
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Darkside Digital Warfare 2.7 is my daily driver, stable, smooth, fast, I can recommend this ROM!!

Enjoy

Nighthawk's Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nighthawk1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jim93
Old
Thanks Meter 340

DONATE TO ME
Before you ask whats the ROM you should see if everyone could actually agree on the ranking of importance of features on ROMS.

suaverc118
Old
Thanks Meter 1264
I personally enjoyed Juggs 5 with either the hercules kernel or synergy. Great stability, customization and battery life.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda
The Following User Says Thank You to suaverc118 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

suaverc118
Old
Thanks Meter 1264
I meant streamline kernel

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda

bikrame
Old
Thanks Meter 457
Darkside 2.7 is best rom for our phone on GB.
I have tried darkside ICS too but lots of bugs there so went back to GB.
Tried AOKP too but not good as daily driver.
Jag 5.0 is good too but i choose Darkside for best battery life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bikrame For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Optimizer
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
I have flashed pretty much EVERY rom that has been put out by our great developers. I will say that the ICS roms seem to be less stable, and more problem prone because they are usually ports or have issues with hardware... As far as recommending a rom, I would recommend Juggernaut 5.0 (2.3.6) gingerbread. It is extremely fast, I get great battery life, and I do not have any problems. Along with Juggernaut, I flashed the Blaze radio, and crypted's GPS fix script, therefore I have 5 second or so GPS lock and my 4G is getting DL speeds of 15mb/s or so with uploads of 2mb/s.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1322642 - Juggernaut

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1476962 - Crypteds AGPS lock ADB script.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572198 - Blaze Modem

BUT; in reality, its user preference.

Happy Flashing!
[CURRENT PHONE] AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-I747)
[ROM] Stock Rooted
[RADIO] I747UCLG1
[KERNEL] Stock

AT&T Galaxy SIII - AT&T Galaxy Note - T-Mobile Galaxy SII - AT&T HTC One X - [2] Verizon iPhone 4's - [2] Verizon iPhone 4s' - T-Mobile G1

Hit 'Thanks' if I have helped you. I do not accept donations, as I do phone development as a hobby.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimizer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]