Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

[Q]AsusReader.apk fails to install [Solved]

OP MacFett

27th May 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Miskatonic
Thanks Meter: 6

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
UPDATE: I was able to install the .apk by copying it to /system/app/ no fuss no muss. Once there it was ready to run without as much as a reboot required. Thanks to baseballfanz for the solution.

I am running gnufabio's Revolver 4.0.3 RC3 and downloaded the removed apps zip. I am trying to install the AsusReader.apk (MyLibrary), when I used my TF101 stock I liked this app for PDF viewing much better than Polaris Office.

When I try and install it says installation failed, do I need to flash this via recovery (a la gapps)?

(I would have posted this in the ROM thread, but I don't have a high enough post count to post in there yet.)
Last edited by MacFett; 29th May 2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Problem solved, added solution to start of the post
27th May 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 723

1,530 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've never run into this error otherwise, try flashing via cwm, I think that's what was intended being a 'system' app.
27th May 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,716

6,694 posts
More
If there's a cwm flashable file try that, if not try manually moving it to system/app instead of installing it like a regular apk
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Did you find a solution for this? I really liked the MyLibrary app, I have tried installing as a zip, manually putting in the zip folder etc. There seems to be a few of the Asus apps that won't install. Alternatively does anyone know of a good app that organises PDFs in a similar way to MyLibrary?
29th May 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Miskatonic

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
I haven't tried flashing via cwm yet, I need to get to my laptop so I can yank the stuff I don't want out of the zip.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

[edit]I just thought about what baseballfanz said and decided to give that a try. I used Root Explorer and moved the apk to /system/app and it was in my app list, no reboot needed.[/edit]
Last edited by MacFett; 29th May 2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added info
29th May 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #6  

6 posts
I tried moving the apk into the app folder but it didnt work. Are you using the apk from the revolver main post?
29th May 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Miskatonic

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, extract the apk and use a file explorer with root access. I used Root Explorer, find the extracted apk and long press on it select copy or move. Then navigate to /system/app and then touch paste.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
30th May 2012, 09:49 AM   |  #8  

6 posts
I tried the exact same thing about 10 times and eventually it worked by renaming the APK to MyLibrary.apk. Very odd!

It's definitely the best app for displaying groups of PDF in a library view that I've found

Thanks for your help
31st May 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Miskatonic

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
Glad you got it all sorted MrMuz.

I just went and double checked mine and it is still AsusReader.apk
31st August 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #10  

2 posts
AsusReader on Lenco TAB-9701
Hello MacFett,

I have tried to install the AsusReader.apk as both AsusReader.apk and MyLibrary.apk in the system/app folder, but it does not seem to work.
The icon shows up but when I tap it I get a message that the application has stopped (after 2-5 seconds). I'm using a Lenco TAB-9701 tablet.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I really like this app (I've used it on other tablets) and would very much like to get it working.
Furthermore, does anyone have information on how to root the 9701?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread