Originally Posted by jimbodgreat
Thanx for this update @XeOniFiCaTiOn;
Here is the thing. I am still new to rooting and flashing ROMs and so called kernels, If it would be so kind of you if i may ask the full step by step process in doing what you have just posted above provided with all the download links. I am really into using this ROM (PA) V.2.: cool: Its just I dont see any tutorials on the web for the step-by-step process to get my SGN GT-N7000 to run perfectly on the PA. By the way, im on stock samsung ROM and not yet rooted.
jimbodgreat GT-N7000 using XDA
Okay. So now you have to understand a few things. Rooting is basically giving the user access to do any Read Write operations directly onto the system. Your Phone consists of 3 main files :
This is a simple guide for you the same way i got to do it: (This is assuming you are on gingerbread and you have backed up all your data)
1.Firstly you will need to download this software called ODIN.
2.Download any non-wipe ROM from this link (I personally used LB2)
3.After download is done unzip the .rar ROM file to find 3 files.
4. Open up ODIN by running it as Administrator.
5. Click on PDA and locate it with the Rooted_Stock_Odex_N7000XXXXX.tar.md5 file.
6. Click on PHONE and locate it with the MODEM.tar.md5 file
7. Click on CSC and locate it with CSC_N7000XXXXXX_XXX.tar.md5 file from the RAR file
8. Put the phone in download mode by holding down the Volume Down and Power button together for about 10 seconds.
9. let go of the buttons after you see SAMSUNG GALAXY logo.
10. confirm the prompt and continue.
11. connect the phone to the computer and it gets detected in ODIN.
12. DO not check any boxes and hit start. (it may take upto 10 minutes to flash every thing and then the new rooted OS boots up.)
13. Now we have to get a kernel with CWM on it. I chose Abyss 4.2 to make this transition to CM9.
(AbyssNote 4.2 kernel)
14. Download MOBILE ODIN from Play store
15. Unzip the kernel file and place the contents on root of SD card.
16. use MO to locate zImage file and press flash.
17. After it boots up follow the installation procedures of the ROM.
For example the opening post of PARANOID ANDROID
Hope it helps you out.