5,599,911 Members 46,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Data call failure

Tip us?

Seechay
Old
(Last edited by Seechay; 28th May 2012 at 01:00 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Data call failure

Has anyone had issues with the HTC Media Link HD? Everytime I connect to it I am bombarded with "Data Call Failure: Error Code 67 Unable to establish wireless data conection." I can't access any internet related apps, yet I can still text and do calls. I am not connect to a wireless router, I am using wifi direct connect. Can someone try replicating this problem by connecting to the media link directly and let me know if you are getting the same error? Sprint was unable to help me with this and they even had me reset my phone so much that I lost all data connectivity and had to do two complete resets to get my data profiles to come back, yet I am still getting the persistent error code 67. All help will be appreciated.
~Seechay

Edit: After I got my data back, I attempted the media link again. I was able to get the internet working. Then I rooted the phone and found out that I know am getting the data call failure error. Does anyone have any idea why the root might be messing with my data connection?
The Following User Says Thank You to Seechay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Seechay
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Bump! Please if anyone has any insight at all =/

Seechay
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Does no one have any idea or a similar problem?

sbuxreg
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
i am having the EXACT same problem as you. just picked up my media link device tonight and started toying around w/ it. sadly i have no solution at the current time.

RegnierD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 400
I'm gonna make a backup and see what I can find. I've got one too. How did you guys set up WiFi direct? I'll go play around in that menu and try to figure it out.

Tapatalked from my shiny new HTC Evo LTE
Having problems with root/S-Off on your DInc2? Visit my help thread here!

Device: LG Nexus 4
ROM: CRDroid CM11
Kernel: Bundled w/rom
Recovery: Latest TWRP
Baseband/Firmware: MDL
Device History:
HTC Droid Incredible -> Samsung Fascinate -> LG Revolution -> HTC Droid Incredible 2 -> HTC Evo 3D -> HTC Evo 4G LTE -> Samsung Galasy S III -> Samsung Galaxy SIV

sbuxreg
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegnierD View Post
I'm gonna make a backup and see what I can find. I've got one too. How did you guys set up WiFi direct? I'll go play around in that menu and try to figure it out.

i didn't mess with wifi direct. i let the media link app do all the configurations.

RegnierD
Old
(Last edited by RegnierD; 2nd June 2012 at 04:38 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 400
Alright, I'm ready to start diagnosing your guys' issues. I only used my home WiFi and never connected directly to the Media Link HD receiver, so I set that up and then disconnected. I am in a basement (that's where my room is), so I frequently get data drops but I always reconnected after a few minutes or just going upstairs. So, are you in a poor signal area? Have you updated your profile and PRL? Maybe try rebooting? Have you updated the Media Link to its latest firmware? I don't know what to tell you, as I tried switching between both methods of connecting to the Media Link box and couldn't replicate a complete loss of data; mine always came back on. I'm running the latest viperROM, if that makes a difference, but it shouldn't.

Edit: Hold up. When connecting directly to the Media Link's network, you lose all internet connectivity, as the phone's WiFi is connected to an internetless network, but still, you should reconnect to 3G no problem after turning off WiFi. I get the error message a couple times, but my 3G always comes back on.

Having problems with root/S-Off on your DInc2? Visit my help thread here!

Device: LG Nexus 4
ROM: CRDroid CM11
Kernel: Bundled w/rom
Recovery: Latest TWRP
Baseband/Firmware: MDL
Device History:
HTC Droid Incredible -> Samsung Fascinate -> LG Revolution -> HTC Droid Incredible 2 -> HTC Evo 3D -> HTC Evo 4G LTE -> Samsung Galasy S III -> Samsung Galaxy SIV
The Following User Says Thank You to RegnierD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thedarkness81
Old
Thanks Meter 9
When it's getting the error 67 code, its trying to enable the hotspot feature on the phone for some reason. Since you don't have it active, its erroring out.

If I helped you in any way, please click the thanks button

l
l
V

detcup4evr
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkness81 View Post
When it's getting the error 67 code, its trying to enable the hotspot feature on the phone for some reason. Since you don't have it active, its erroring out.
Do you know if there is a Fix? I am wondering if I root this beast and do the Sprint Hotspot hack (If it is even available) if that would fix it.

I was out of town all weekend so I have a lot of catching up to do on the forums.

CarmelSack
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm having the same problem. After 30 minutes on the phone with Sprint, now I have zero data connection. Looks like it hard reset time or get a replacement.

Phone was working fine for 2 days.