[MOD] - QuickSettings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aamikam

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
i did not yet make my rom for this device... but i did do a quick change in the systemui code so u guys will have quicksettings.
this is used in scott's rom for the htc one x. on new2 future updates to sense 4 roms, hawknest sense 4 rom and will be used in the future in my releases as well... and im sure in many other roms also.

this is general for any sense 4 rom that is deodex and use of 720p screen res.

like new2 said... this is just the initial release... and we not done adding more to it.

look in the link below for the apk, its doedex for now ofcourse... and free for all to use and abuse. (credit would be nice... but we wont enforce it)

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?12882-MOD-QuickSettings

have fun guys... and like tt always says "sharing is caring"

Last edited:

aamikam

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
Do we need root? Because install fails and I am not rooted

Sent from my EVO using XDA

well... the idea is to push it to system/app and replace the current systemui.apk if u deodex...
if any of u guys are odex btw... just push to system/app/, del the systemui.odex and reboot... it should also work.

so no, u dont need to be rooted... but u do need root access to replace the files... so temp root kinda thing should be fine also.

Last edited:

clownfart

Jun 15, 2007
Thanks Mik!

I was a loyal user of your Evo 4G Rom since the beginning and I can't WAIT for your 4G LTE Rom. :D

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
i did not yet make my rom for this device... but i did do a quick change in the systemui code so u guys will have quicksettings.
this is used in scott's rom for the htc one x. on new2 future updates to sense 4 roms, hawknest sense 4 rom and will be used in the future in my releases as well... and im sure in many other roms also.

like new2 said... this is just the initial release... and we not done adding more to it.

look in the link below for the apk, its doedex for now ofcourse... and free for all to use and abuse. (credit would be nice... but we wont enforce it)

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?12878-MOD-Quicksettings-for-sense-4

Loved running mikg on my evo! Looking forward to your work in here!

btbamzao

Apr 12, 2011
Houston, TX

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?12878-MOD-Quicksettings-for-sense-4

So you will be making a rom?!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Cool. If that works, I'll probably do the same....IF I can ever get it unlocked through htcdev so I can install a recovery and make a backup. lol it never ends.
For the HTC Dev unlock, just choose all other supported devices at the very end of the drop down menu. That worked for me. Flashed TWRP 2.1.6 through fastboot (because I'm old fashioned) and all is well for me. I've got viperboy's deodexed rom loaded up right now running smoothly.

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
Cool. If that works, I'll probably do the same....IF I can ever get it unlocked through htcdev so I can install a recovery and make a backup. lol it never ends.

Yeah htcdev is a ***** haha

Ok I put the file in and it partitally worked, status bar was there and I could see recent apps, yet there was no clock signal or anything else there. Once I rebooted no status bar again.

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hey Mik, I'm having troubles getting my SystemUI to rebuild properly after I edit a couple lines in an xml to remove that awkward software menu key, would you have a chance to give a quick hand? I've got Fernando Sor's modded apktool set up already, my status bar just doesn't show up when I push the apk.

Reactions: Cuppeerr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?12882-MOD-QuickSettings

im doing more things... so im not working on a rom yet.

u guys will know why i have been busy lately and such when i "launch" the new plan i got going on and such.

also guys... keep in mind i help out other devs all the time... so that also takes out of my time that i can spend on making a rom... its much more fun to help more guys do more then just the "my rom" attitude... not trying to make a statement... but its more fun for me to know that a few more guys know how to do something right now rather then me making a rom.
    You have one of the most amazing attitudes I have seen on any forum. Your willingness to help others is what will continue to grow this great community. In the words of tt "caring means sharing"!

thanks... im happy u see it.
    i hope that one day everyone will get in to their heads that this website should actually be a "community" that "shares" and not a way to make $, and/or to get "famous", and/or to be "ruled by anyone"... sorry i had to say it... but i think a lot of people get what im saying.

p.s.
    for those of u who forgot what it means:

SHARE : To divide and distribute ; To partake of, use, experience, occupy or enjoy with others

COMMUNITY : A unified body of individuals ; An interacting population of various kinds of individuals in a common location ; A group linked by a common policy ; Joint ownership or participation ; A social state or condition

i am done saying anything more about it... but your comment did make think i should put it out there.
    So you will be making a rom?!

yes... my lte is on the way here...

I'm going to port over my extended quick settings for you guys

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk