5,595,570 Members 46,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to root Alcatel OT 918 (Android 2.3.6)

Tip us?

remigereau
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] How to root Alcatel OT 918 (Android 2.3.6)

Hello, I have this phone Alcatel OT 918 (without N or D) with android 2.3.6, i don't find nothing in the forums for the root method, I try superoneclick 2.3.3, unlockroot23 and the OT 918D method, and nothing. I can't root it. Somebody can help me? Thank you.

bluerain28
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by remigereau View Post
Hello, I have this phone Alcatel OT 918 (without N or D) with android 2.3.6, i don't find nothing in the forums for the root method, I try superoneclick 2.3.3, unlockroot23 and the OT 918D method, and nothing. I can't root it. Somebody can help me? Thank you.
There is someone who already did root the latest Alcatel 918 with the Android v2.3.6. But sadly he won't share it to anybody. I'm still finding the way to root it via adb. And that's what he did by using adb stuffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluerain28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noxxious
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Default 2.3.6 and Rooted...

just want to share, i successfully rooted my OT-918N from SunCellular PH with Android 2.3.6 using the following scatter.txt and recovery.img file.

the procedure i followed was this tutorial by bluerain28 [TUT]Alcatel StockRom for 918D/M/N.

another thing is i set the flashtool to USB Mode instead of scanning to com ports... hope you get the same results as i did.

thanks bluerain28 for the great tutorial..
Attached Files
File Type: txt MT6573_Android_scatter 918N.txt - [Click for QR Code] (410 Bytes, 8469 views)
File Type: rar recovery.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.00 MB, 4731 views)
cellon Starmobile Knight
Samsung GT-N7000
HTC One V
Samsung GT-P1000
LGE LG-P990
Acatel OT-918N
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noxxious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bluerain28
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxxious View Post

just want to share, i successfully rooted my OT-918N from SunCellular PH with Android 2.3.6 using the following scatter.txt and recovery.img file.

the procedure i followed was this tutorial by bluerain28 [TUT]Alcatel StockRom for 918D/M/N.

another thing is i set the flashtool to USB Mode instead of scanning to com ports... hope you get the same results as i did.

thanks bluerain28 for the great tutorial..
Thank you sir for the new scatter text file. That's a very big help.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluerain28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noxxious
Old
Thanks Meter 72
np sir. we are here to share the experience
cellon Starmobile Knight
Samsung GT-N7000
HTC One V
Samsung GT-P1000
LGE LG-P990
Acatel OT-918N

remigereau
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Gracias

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxxious View Post
np sir. we are here to share the experience
Hola, gracias, le voy a probar, te cuento después. Un saludo.
The Following User Says Thank You to remigereau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

obcenity
Old
Thanks Meter 2
hello, anyone can post 2.3.6 firmware which is flashable via recovery or SP flashtool.. TIA..

remigereau
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default 2.3.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcenity View Post
hello, anyone can post 2.3.6 firmware which is flashable via recovery or SP flashtool.. TIA..
I will try to do it, i never do it before, so it will take a little time, because i have to see how to make a copy of the rom to send it.

obcenity
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well, thanks fot that!

haroldm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
PLease help... Cannot find USB port!

it's the error message i'm getting...