Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc Evo 4G Lte sound notifications

Tip us?

Garyevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Htc Evo 4G Lte sound notifications

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue :

When I want to change the default notification sounds ...I select what I want ...apply it but it won't change it... it selects but it still uses the original sound... I am using the stock e-mail client and using the manual settings for POP mail !

While I'm at it ...when I try to connect the phone to my home computer to mount it as a disk drive it keeps coming up with error messages I have the new version of HTC Sync downloaded....the funny part is I can connect my old EVO phone to my computer and no problems and all my other USB devices work but the 4G won't ....when I connect the 4G to my laptop it works fine and I can mount it as a disk drive... any ideas on this would be appreciated !!!!

Thanks in advance,
Gary

RichnBaltimore
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Same problem witn notification sounds on Evo LTE

Having the same issues with changing the notification sounds for text messages. It keeps playing the original sound. Also, cannot connect to my computer. Says a message about invalid drivers even tough i tried searching for new ones. Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to RichnBaltimore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RichnBaltimore
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default figured it out!

Found out how to change it. Go to settings. Then select, "Personalize". There you can change the sound. Seems a strange place to put it, but it works!
The Following User Says Thank You to RichnBaltimore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Garyevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnBaltimore View Post
Having the same issues with changing the notification sounds for text messages. It keeps playing the original sound. Also, cannot connect to my computer. Says a message about invalid drivers even tough i tried searching for new ones. Any ideas?
I downloaded the htc sync app it updated the drivers but still no joy ...it still wont mount as a disk drive ...it won't even let me get to the screen on my phone to change it ! .... Let me know if you hear or find anything ...

Garyevo