There seems to be a few threads regarding the new Sony Smartwatch so i thought it might be a good idea to correlate all the info into one handy thread! If you have any tips/tricks/apps or general info you think should be included then post below! If any of the info helps you dont forget the thanks button and rate the thread!!
- Liveware Manager- Your watch wont work without this!- MARKET LINK
- Smartwatch- You have to have this for the smartwatch to work!!- MARKET LINK
- Phonebook Smart Extras- Phonebook manager- MARKET LINK
- Music Player Smart Extras- Control your music from your watch!- MARKET LINK
- Weather Widget Smart Extras- Shows you the current weather and forecast for your current or a set location- MARKET LINK
- Sony Smart Extras for Facebook- Keep up to date with your Facebook friends on the go- MARKET LINK
- Messaging Smart Extras- View your text messages on your watch- MARKET LINK
- Call Handling Smart Extras- Mute, answer or reject incoming calls- MARKET LINK
- Find Phone Smart Extras- Make your phone ring and vibrate so you can find it easier- MARKET LINK
- Missed Call Smart Extras- Notifies you of missed calls- MARKET LINK
- Calendar Reminder Smart Extras- Notifies you of upcoming calendar events- MARKET LINK
- Sony Smart Extras Twitter- Stay up to date with all things Twitter- MARKET LINK
- Email Smart Extras- Notifies of new emails (only works on SONY phones!)- MARKET LINK
- Slideshow Smart Extras- View a slideshow of your recent pics- MARKET LINK
- Gmail Smart Extras- Get notified of new Gmails and view the first few lines of it- MARKET LINK
- XDA member Beowolf has made some excellent apps, see his thread HERE
- Custom watch for Smartwatch- A replacement watch app that allows you to keep the screen on (so you can use it like a watch!) Even with dim there is a big battery drain though!- MARKET LINK
- Notifysmartwatch- An app to send any notifications from any app to your smartwatch. Customise number and length of vibrations.- MARKET LINK Thanks to Mousey for the tip!!
- Vibrate Alarm- An alpha app by our very own XDA member Pacosal. When set the app will display a notification to say the alarm is set. When the time comes it will vibrate every 8 seconds until you stop it.- POST HERE
- Watchit!- This app can send notifications from any app installed on your phone to your smartwatch. Easy to set up and tweak, you choose which apps send what!- MARKET LINK
- Spy for Smartwatch- This app is another from Pacosal. Swipe watch to start audio recording, swipe again to save file to SD. Simple and effective!- MARKET LINK
- Double tap the strap or screen to turn the screen on
- If you shake it hard enough the screen will turn on
- There are currently no ways to keep the screen on or alter the timeout (other than 'Custom watch for Smartwatch')
- You can now choose either an analogue or digital watch that stays on when the smartwatch detects motion (will use battery faster!)
- To completely reset the watch (for instance if you're having trouble pairing/flashed a new rom etc.) Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. When you turn it back on it should show the watch and phone with a syncing arrows in between them.
- Process for a full reset (basically like you just got it out of the box!)
1- Remove smartwatch app from phone by going to setting->apps->smartwatch->uninstall
2- Unpair the smartwatch from phone by going to settings->bluetooth->smartwatch->unpair
3- Reset smartwatch by following the above tip (hold power button for 15 secs)
To re-pair the devices make sure liveware manager is installed on your phone, re-pair, download smartwatch app when prompted.
Smartwatch (watch)- 0.1.A.3.7
Smartwatch (app)- 1.2.37
- Various bug fixes
04/06/2012- SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL EXPERIENCING RANDOM REBOOTS AFTER THIS UPDATE, UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
Smartwatch (watch)- 0.1.A.3.4
Smartwatch (app)- 1.2.34
- Bug fixes (issues still remain for some)
30/05/2012- SOME PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING RANDOM REBOOTS AFTER THIS UPDATE, UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
Smartwatch (watch)- 0.1.A.3.3
Smartwatch (app)- 1.2.33
- New UI for the smartwatch app in liveware manager. Now seperate sections for apps, clocks, sorts apps, sort widgets, usage tips and about.
- The 'Clocks' section has new clocks!! The standard one as before. a new digital and analogue clock which will stay visible for as long as the watch detects movement.
- Active notifications. When the gmail, messaging icon etc. notification shows on the screen you can tap on it to go directly to that notification! (instead of having to unlock and go to new events.)
- Usage tips section shows tips on using the smartwatch using animations.
- Battery indicator is now always visible when charging!
1-Some sort of watch screen lock so others cant view personal messages when its not on my wrist.
2- Watch app that starts the audio recording or video recording on my phone through the watch interface.- SEE SPY FOR SMARTWATCH ABOVE