Hello Fire owners!
I open this thread to keep all things of Fire together, only one thread, everything here.
So here we go:
THIS THREAD IS FOR MOTOROLA XT311/XT316/XT317, XT530/XT531, XT532 AND XT611 (aka SMARTFLIP) ONLY. IF YOU HAVE A SIMILAR THREAD, PLEASE PM ME AND PASS ME YOUR POST. LET'S KEEP XDA ORGANIZED!
CWM FOR FIRE XT XT530/XT532, SPICE XT XT531, FIRE XT311, SPICE KEY XT316 OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED
This thread was focused in the 2nd-Init for XT31X and XT530, 531 and 532. For almost six months, we worked patientlly to get the CWM working on our devices. The wait for CWM is OFFICIALLY OVER. In a couple days ago, our friend aweosomeabhijeet found a way to run CWM on Gingerbread. The tutorial (made by himself) will be posted NOW:
All your wait is over.
Here I'll tell you how to get CWM for Moto Fire XT.
Disclaimer : I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone. I have tried it and finished successfully.
Try only if you know little bit about android.
This is beta version. However, a dev is working on not using a PC to reboot back into system, and is trying to make the installation simplified.
Lot of thanks to andrewidya
1. Rooted XT
Download these things on your phone:
1. Terminal emulator
2. Busybox(Open it and install)
3. Root browser
4. Pimp my Rom
5. ES file explorer
You can find all of them in the Play Store.
If you have done with it download the attachment.
Now main work.
It is not easy though but I think everyone can do it.
1. Extract the attachment and copy it to your sdcard
2. Mount /system as RW.
3. Open Root Browser and copy bootmenu folder from sdcard/XT530 and paste it in /system.
4. Open Pimp My Rom and Add universal init.d support.
5.Create 97bootmenu manually.(For this using ES file explorer is recommended)
b. Create a file, name it 97bootmenu.
c. Open the file as text
d.save the file
6. Change permissions of 97bootmenu to rwx r-- r--
7. Reboot your phone.
Now your phone will start at bootmenu.
Select Recovery>Custom Recovery
PS: If you want to get back the phone to boot normally. Just connect it to PC, open CMD and type
rm -R /system/etc/init.d/97bootmenu
I succeeded here's the video:
Sorry for poor camera quality.
Thanks to all the members.
Special Thanks to:
Gentrylamp for creating bootmenu.
7amdoun for his great knowledge and modding bootmenu for XT530.
andrewidya for correcting me at every point.
Mazen.kh for everything he did.
Mr.Indigo for giving us hopes.
And all other members whom I forgot to mention here.
THANKS TO HIM AND TO ALL OF THE DEVELOPERS WHO HELPED TO GET THIS.
ROOTING & UNROOTING
You will follow this tutorial if you have 2.3.5 version of Android:
Here are the apps/files needed for Rooting -
1. SuperOneClick 188.8.131.52
2. SUT LR 1.8.2 (Doesn't seem to be working on 64-bit systems)
3. FXX_PR3_NV.xml and NvDefinition.xml [ATTACHED]
Prepare your phone by doing the following:
- Go to Settings > Applications > CHECK "Unknown Sources"
- Go to Settings > Applications > Developer > CHECK "USB Debugging" and "Stay Awake"
- Connect your phone via USB, when prompted DO NOT select USB Mass Storage.
- Extract FXX_PR3_NV.xml and NvDefinition.xml from the attached zip file in to a folder
- Now, install SUT LR, run the app
- Select the FXX_PR3_NV.xml [ensure NvDefinition.xml is also in the same folder as FXX_PR3_NV.xml]
- Your phone will restart.
It does NOT erase anything on the phone, since it only patches the ROM.
After the phone restarts, open SuperOneClick and select root. It will take less than a minute to finish.
Official Motorola SBF Files
Just copy and paste.
My ROM is VIVO 2.3.5 and can be different in some ROMs.
7x27_FQC or FQC Program= YES, maybe is F actory Q uality C heck or other thing....
ApplicationsProvider.apk= NO - Will brick apps install/uninstall
FM Radio= ?
Gallery3D= YES, but replace with another gallery app
- THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED SOON -
If you are a DEV our a guy who can provide a ROM for us, please PM me and i will add you in GTalk. If you have a mod or something useful or want to help me, please PM me and i will add you on GTalk. If we get sucess this thread will be updated!
- Initial post
- CG2.smg extractor added to the 2nd Post (THANKS TO: Mazen.kh)
- Chainfire 3D support added ( THANKS TO: Overcrasher)
- Thread stopped a lil bit
- Back with some news
- SUPPORT FOR XT530/531/532 (FIRE XT) Added
- SUPPORT FOR XT317 (FIRE in Brazil) Added
- XT317 kernel tested, but didn't work smoothly as 2.2 kernel
- SUPPORT FOR XT611 (aka SMARTFLIP) added
- SUPPORT FOR XT611 DROPED. See more below.
- CWM FOR FIRE DEVICES LAUNCHED BY aweosomeabhijeet