XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slight bend???

Tip us?

formulabird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Slight bend???

Took my phone out of my pocket today to notice a slight bend. I looks like right were the two covers meet. Was wondering if anyone else has maybe noticed this. I do keep my phone in my pocket all day but I don't think it should bend that easy. Let me know what you gentleman think.

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 781
post some pictures man!!! Without pictures, its just another OCD thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shook187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2643
There are so many OCD threads it's amazing. I'm not saying this one is. But, I would suspect this phone would bend VERY easily.

1) it's paper-thin
2) if you watch the YouTube video about how the aluminum was machined/milled, you see that aside from the lower half, the upper half is 2 very thin aluminum rails (sides) bridged by another super thin aluminum rail across top. So yes, thus will bend very easily. Aluminum is incredibly weak (I'm a machinist).

sent from my Evo LTE, usually.
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

formulabird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
will post pics when i get home. My god everyone wants proof of everything. No trust anymore. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed wasn't a big deal. The mods can delete thread if need be. You can see by my post count I don't post a million and one things about dumb stuff. You can also see from my join date that I have been around awhile and only post serious stuff.

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulabird View Post
You can also see from my join date that I have been around awhile and only post serious stuff.

A slight bend tin aluminum strip? Serious stuff for sure
The Following User Says Thank You to shook187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PsiPhiDan
Old
Thanks Meter 621
Dude, it's hard to comment on something without pictures. All we can say is, "oh wow, that sucks."

Sent from my EVO using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsiPhiDan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan View Post
Dude, it's hard to comment on something without pictures. All we can say is, "oh wow, that sucks."

lmao
The Following User Says Thank You to shook187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

formulabird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
its not that hard to comment without pictures. Its bent pull your phone out of your pocket and see if you notice a slight bend. If not go back to moms basement and leave it alone.

PsiPhiDan
Old
Thanks Meter 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulabird View Post
its not that hard to comment without pictures. Its bent pull your phone out of your pocket and see if you notice a slight bend. If not go back to moms basement and leave it alone.
Pardon me, but you're speaking to an adult, and I happen to be a homeowner. Grow up with the "mom's basement" stuff. At least use an apostrophe if you're going to insult someone's intelligence.

Anyway, post some pictures and we'll have some actual comments for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to PsiPhiDan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

firmbiz94
Old
Thanks Meter 402
What part of the phone are you talking about? Or r u saying. like the whole phone from the side
Device: Silver HTC One 32gb

Rom: Stock

Kernel: Stock