[UTILITY]One Root for HTC Jewel- OP Updated [6/1/12]

Search This thread

rezo609

May 17, 2012
Dallas
Updated OP [6/1/12]

Hey guys, i created a new rooting method called One Root specifically for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. I also made on for the HTC Wildfire S and was a complete success.

This is one of the fastest rooting method in this forum! It only takes 30 seconds.

Big thanks to regaw_lienad for pointing out my mistakes :D

Requirements:
*HTC EVO 4G LTE
*Unlocked Bootloader or S-OFF
*USB Cable
*Cup of Coffee :D

So I hereby present you:

ONE ROOT for HTC JEWEL

wvzblf.png

What does it do?
One root will quickly install root such as su, busybox, SuperSu by Chainfire and twrp custom recovery.

Video:
Gimme so video tutorials :D

Screenies:

i41tvm.jpg

Download:
One Root for EVO: http://tinyurl.com/873yewd

****If flashing zip fails, flash this instead: http://db.tt/P3DV1Ru1 ****

This isnt free so....you must thank :D

Last edited:

rezo609

May 17, 2012
Dallas
Whats New?

Version 3.0
*replaced tools
*fixed scripting

Version 2.1
*Fix rooting by help of regaw_lienad

Version 1.5
*Fixed adb

Version 1.4
*Added Busybox
*Switched to SuperSu
*Removed Superuser
*Updated Su
*Made process Faster

Version 1.0
**Original Release**

Last edited:

87Octane

Feb 2, 2008
its much faster with a more stable root :D

Can u give me some more details please? What does this do exactly, install su, busybox, recovery? I am wondering why we need bootloader unlocked to run this. I am already rooted using other method but I am holding off on unlocking bootloader to see if someone gets us tru s off.

Appreciate any info and thanks for this!

rezo609

May 17, 2012
Dallas
Can u give me some more details please? What does this do exactly, install su, busybox, recovery? I am wondering why we need bootloader unlocked to run this. I am already rooted using other method but I am holding off on unlocking bootloader to see if someone gets us tru s off.

Appreciate any info and thanks for this!

This instals su, superuser.apk, and twrp recovery

Techrocket9

Jun 30, 2010
Im getting "adb is not recoginzed as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Any ideas?

I don't know how the OP set up this script, but if he didn't include adb you need to install the Android SDK and put the folder with adb.exe in your path environmental variable.

If you aren't sure what that means that's fine, but I suggest doing a bit more research before you wander so deep into the sea of Android modding. If you don't know what you are doing you can have a very bad time.

Last edited:

dhoshman

Jul 8, 2010
Indianapolis
www.youtube.com
I don't know how the OP set up this script, but if he didn't include adb you need to install the Android SDK and put the folder with adb.exe in your path environmental variable.

If you aren't sure what that means that's fine, but I suggest doing a bit more research before you go wander so deep into the sea of Android modding. If you don't know what you are doing you can have a very bad time.

Thanks. Im def an experienced Android modder by now lol. I figured it out and everything is smoothe now. Getting ready to flash some "Viper" now...OHHHH WEEEE lol

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
its much faster with a more stable root :D
Not exactly sure what you mean by this... Those are the same files that get put on the device with the other root. Also, unfortunately, the zip to flash will not work, you mount /system as an MTD partition, not eMMC, and you only place the busybox binary in xbin. I guess busybox will still work, it's just not installed with the symlinks. Hope this helps ya out :)

Reactions: sgt. slaughter

rezo609

May 17, 2012
Dallas

If you aren't sure what that means that's fine, but I suggest doing a bit more research before you go wander so deep into the sea of Android modding. If you don't know what you are doing you can have a very bad time.

Adb drivers need to be installed. Working on new build today to fix the problems.

What's new?
*Installing busybox
*Removing Superuser
*Installing SuperSu
*Updated su
*more

This person had a bunch of threads locked in the general forum area and never really explained anything. I would steer clear.

Dude I only had one locked.

QUOTE=clownfart;26702271] He was asking people to help test an s-off method for this phone and one of his steps was "do a battery pull". :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I knew I typed that, just wanted to know what you guys would do to fully then off the phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated OP [6/1/12]

Hey guys, i created a new rooting method called One Root specifically for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. I also made on for the HTC Wildfire S and was a complete success.

This is one of the fastest rooting method in this forum! It only takes 30 seconds.

Big thanks to regaw_lienad for pointing out my mistakes :D

Requirements:
    *HTC EVO 4G LTE
    *Unlocked Bootloader or S-OFF
    *USB Cable
    *Cup of Coffee :D

So I hereby present you:

ONE ROOT for HTC JEWEL

wvzblf.png

What does it do?
    One root will quickly install root such as su, busybox, SuperSu by Chainfire and twrp custom recovery.

Video:
    Gimme so video tutorials :D

Screenies:

i41tvm.jpg

Download:
    One Root for EVO: http://tinyurl.com/873yewd

****If flashing zip fails, flash this instead: http://db.tt/P3DV1Ru1 ****

This isnt free so....you must thank :D
    How do I unlock bootloader

Sent from my new evo 4g lte.....

im making a utility on unlocking without voiding warranty. hopefully it will work on eMMC-based device :)
    Whats New?

Version 3.0
    *replaced tools
    *fixed scripting

Version 2.1
    *Fix rooting by help of regaw_lienad

Version 1.5
    *Fixed adb

Version 1.4
    *Added Busybox
    *Switched to SuperSu
    *Removed Superuser
    *Updated Su
    *Made process Faster

Version 1.0
    **Original Release**
    Does the new one work?
    not quite, I'll make a few quick changes for you and send you a pastebin link to the updated runme.bat
    I know XDA is also a learning environment, so I'm here to help you out too.

The 1.5 script will not work either.

Code:
    echo Pushing root to system. Here we go!
    adb start-server
    adb waiting-for-device
    adb chmod 755
    adb push su /system/bin/su
    adb push busybox /system/xbin/busybox
    adb push supersu.apk /system/app/SuperSu.apk
    There is no way to start out the rooting by pushing the files to /system/app and /system/xbin, because the filesystem is not mounted as rw. Also, you have a random adb chmod 755 that not only doesn't do anything, it's not supported by the adb binary. The way you had it before, flashing TWPR first, then flashing the root zip, will work, you just need to update the updater-script for the EVO 4G LTE's partitions and then install busybox.