Originally Posted by Landmine
I've looked all over for this and I finally found it. This is for the Samsung Rugby II A-847
I wanted to post it here because people tend to google "<phone problem> xda" when they really need help.
1. Type in *#0523#
2. Press # 3 Times to get to the main menu, 1 second delay between presses
3. Press 8 (Phone control)
4. Press 3 (NAS control)
5. Press 3 again (UIM class)
6. It should turn out that the setting for the UIM class should be GSM.
If it was GSM to start with follow these steps:
1. From the main menu check the SIM Information.
2. The card capability and the EF category should be USIM.
3. If it is not mess around with it.
Posting this for anyone down the road that will see that evil "SIM not allowed MM#3" message
Hi. I was getting this message on a Samsung SCH-I337. The *#0011# works, but instead of the menu you show, I get a different one and do not know how to use it.
It looks like this (cant upload a screenshot so I'll just duplicate it:
RRC: DCH, Band 1
MCC-MNC : 425 - 02
RX: 10788,RI: -85,CID:53d447
TX: blah blah
Eclo: blah RSCP: blah
Speech Ver: FR FR FR
L1 : DCH, PSC: 186
Drxcycle: 64, CQI: 0, Sam: 0
HSDPA 0, HSUPA 0, HSPA+ 0
PA Gain State : 0
IMEI CERTI : NA
if you click on the menu button then a menu pops up that says:
Do you or anyone have any idea how to use this menu?