Just got a S3 yesterday - my views vs the Note
Well what happened yesterday wasn't planned but I was out shopping with my wife, and I happened to see that the Carphonewarehouse had a white Samsung Galaxy S3 on show. Both my wife and I agreed the S3 was gorgeous to look at. And then I succumbed and bought one sim free. CPW also bought my Note which was a surprise. They also had a range of cases, so I bought one and a Zagg Invisible Shield screen protector which they fitted and guaranteed for 25 years. A good deal and service.
Below are some early opinions vs the Note -
1. The S3 feels more like a phone. Being honest it is far more manageable to use. It is incredibly thin and light and looks amazing.
2. Speed. This things flies compared to the Note. It reads the media on my SD card like a bullet.
3. Touchwiz. The version on here is much better. Then again every piece of software is far more advanced than the Note. Sorry to say this, but Samsung have clearly gone overboard with the S3. Example. The lock screen displays 4 apps for quick launching, weather, and news ticker if you want. Also, can use motion control on the lock screen to launch camera from lock screen. Volume hard keys adjusts ringtone volume, but also has a settings icon. Tap this and then the 3 volumes are available to adjust. In fact as you explore all the software and options there are improvements everywhere.
4. Camera. Rips the Note apart. There is no contest. The S3 is the best camera. It is better than the iPhone 4S too. The quality of the shots is amazing.
5. Audio. Use a wolfram DAC. Therefore after listening to some music, can confirm sound quality is superb.
6. The S3 has a front notification light. Very useful.
As this wasn't planned as such, I have many cases all good ones available. Plus a spare battery and the Samsung battery charger/stand. I will make a list so if anyone wants them, just make me an offer.
If anyone want to know anything specific ask away.