Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,492 Members 52,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jhinta Kernel for Lilstevie Ubuntu

Tip us?

jrohwer
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozka.1 View Post
Hi,
has got someone last kernel for SBKv2?

E: I'm working on it
Sorry - been out of town and only catching up XDA now.
Attached is my kernel compile of latest Jhinta kernel (overclock fixed but USB hotplug not fixed yet). It is for mountloop boot with the image living under /sdcard/ubuntu.img under Android. I attach the kernelblob and the modules (extract to /lib/modules on your linux rootfs).

If you have different setup, extract the kernelblob using the blob tools, and modify the command line to suit your needs. The same initrd should work for straight boot off a partition or for loop mount, you only need to change the command line "boot" and "loop" arguments accordingly.

This works for me, using it all the time (on a SBKv2 device - actually TF101G which is not SBKv2 but yet some other SBK). Very happy except for USB hotplug which is the only thing that doesn't work (USB has to be plugged in from boot to be recognized).
Attached Files
File Type: img kernelblob.img - [Click for QR Code] (5.15 MB, 65 views)
File Type: gz modules-3.1.10-4.tar.gz - [Click for QR Code] (1.32 MB, 40 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrohwer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kingzak34
Old
Thanks Meter 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohwer View Post
Attached is my kernel compile of latest Jhinta kernel (overclock fixed but USB hotplug not fixed yet). It is for mountloop boot with the image living under /sdcard/ubuntu.img under Android. I attach the kernelblob and the modules (extract to /lib/modules on your linux rootfs).

If you have different setup, extract the kernelblob using the blob tools, and modify the command line to suit your needs. The same initrd should work for straight boot off a partition or for loop mount, you only need to change the command line "boot" and "loop" arguments accordingly.

This works for me, using it all the time (on a SBKv2 device - actually TF101G which is not SBKv2 but yet some other SBK). Very happy except for USB hotplug which is the only thing that doesn't work (USB has to be plugged in from boot to be recognized).
Hmmm little mega noob question how to use this img ? Remove .img extension, rename it and place it in zip ? Or it's another thing to deal with ?

jozka.1
Old
(Last edited by jozka.1; 30th August 2012 at 10:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 91
Thank you!

Kingzak34:
Yes, replace.

I did flashable package with flash kernel for Ubuntu and add new modules to Ubuntu image(sdcard/ubuntu.img).
Tested on last Rogue XM Touch Recovery.

Kernel with modules: http://www.mediafire.com/?s819bllktz5w3u0
Only kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/?941itkcr3yj5nmn
Sorry for my english
The Following User Says Thank You to jozka.1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kingzak34
Old
Thanks Meter 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozka.1 View Post
Thank you!

Kingzak34:
Yes, replace.

I did flashable package with flash kernel for Ubuntu and add new modules to Ubuntu image(sdcard/ubuntu.img).
Tested on last Rogue XM Touch Recovery.

Kernel with modules: http://www.mediafire.com/?s819bllktz5w3u0
Only kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/?21g8916b8bc0rvo
Mkaaaay, thanks a lot !

Kingzak34
Old
Thanks Meter 1011
Nope, it doesnt work when I apply Ubuntu get me on terminal asking my ID.

NoDiskNoFun
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:

and where to find oc patch?

extracting zimage and use it on normal way (flash it with nvflash and an other initrd) don't work (can't mount anything)

jrohwer
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDiskNoFun View Post
and where to find oc patch?

extracting zimage and use it on normal way (flash it with nvflash and an other initrd) don't work (can't mount anything)
Jhinta's kernel sources are on github:
https://github.com/Jhinta/TF101-GNU-kernel

Did you extract my modules onto your rootfs as well? You need those modules, your own won't work.

NoDiskNoFun
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Jhinta's kernel sources are on github:
https://github.com/Jhinta/TF101-GNU-kernel

Did you extract my modules onto your rootfs as well? You need those modules, your own won't work.
Yeah but where to find that patch or how to patch sources?

Of course i've done.

jrohwer
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDiskNoFun View Post
Yeah but where to find that patch or how to patch sources?

Of course i've done.
Just clone his github repo if you have not already done so.

If you have a cloned copy of his github repo you can pull in the latest changes with
$ git pull
(do this in the base folder of your local source)
This will update you local copy with his latest changes. Then recompile the source. If you are not sure, look at some git tutorials on the web.

NoDiskNoFun
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Just clone his github repo if you have not already done so.

If you have a cloned copy of his github repo you can pull in the latest changes with
$ git pull
(do this in the base folder of your local source)
This will update you local copy with his latest changes. Then recompile the source. If you are not sure, look at some git tutorials on the web.
Done that but no OverClock