One X screen very prone to scratches

OP aszu

31st May 2012, 11:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

71 posts
Hi,

I have got my One X for about 2 weeks now and there are multiple micro-scrathes on its screen already... (some of them are covering half of the screen). They are only visible when the screen is off and under certain lighting and angle, but it is quite annoying - I am worried how would the screen look like after a couple of months.

I am very careful with the phone and never keep it in my pocket with any other items. I have got HD2 previously for almost 3 years and with the same usage pattern its screen hasn't got a single scratch.

I suspect it is not Gorilla Glass that gets scratched, but some kind of coating (oleophobic?) on the screen.

Is your experience similar?
31st May 2012, 11:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Salford Greater Manchester
Thanks Meter: 89

246 posts
Donate to Me
More
Dude there something with the screen.Its sh1t. i dropped the phone yesterday from my bed and on the right top of the screen there is a brake on the screen and some scratches too.I had Galaxy S and i dropped it several times and from higher position than bed and non a single scratch i dont mention the ****ing brake.i am already thinking replacing the digitizer .its a fuking new phone its not that i have problem with the broke as long my lcd is working but u know what i mean
31st May 2012, 11:23 AM   |  #3  

137 posts
was the swearing necessary?

replacing the glass is hard- the screen and lcd are apparently attached and spare parts are expensive, let alone the effort required to disassemble the phone (as the m/board etc are attached directly to the screen)

the screen is also laminated - maybe this coating is getting scratched? i don't know exactly what laminated glass is, just what it achieves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phil112345 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag Salford Greater Manchester

246 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its necessary when they say Gorilla Glass should be Gorilla Glass.Its the same screen as galaxy s.Anyway i am afraid removing the digitizer would damage the LCD too by accident and the problem will be larger. so i am not quite ready to do that.i can live with a scratch
31st May 2012, 12:46 PM   |  #5  
Australia
Thanks Meter: 58

896 posts
Sorry to hear your dramas with the phone.

I have mine now over a month.

I use a flip leather case now, but had none for the first two weeks and I use my phone a lot but with no screen protector and I don't have any scratches on it.

You must have hit something with sharp edges hard.

I had a SG2, never had a screen protector and was exposed as I didn't use a flip case. It never got any major scrathes, but hundreds of tiny ones that could be scene in the right light only.

This is a much better glass in my opinion.

Hope you are able to fix yours without too much trouble.

Cheers.
31st May 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #6  
Flag Deal
Thanks Meter: 43

177 posts
More
I too have many minor scratches, it does not hinder its use so I'm alright with it, I was but no longer using the HTC branded flip case that phones4u have me when I upgraded. Offers no protection and is clumsy to answer phone quickly lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
31st May 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 81

423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil112345

was the swearing necessary?

Abso-f*cking-lutely ! I would be swearing too if that happened to me.
31st May 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #8  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 80

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aszu

Hi,

I have got my One X for about 2 weeks now and there are multiple micro-scrathes on its screen already... (some of them are covering half of the screen). They are only visible when the screen is off and under certain lighting and angle, but it is quite annoying - I am worried how would the screen look like after a couple of months.

I am very careful with the phone and never keep it in my pocket with any other items. I have got HD2 previously for almost 3 years and with the same usage pattern its screen hasn't got a single scratch.

I suspect it is not Gorilla Glass that gets scratched, but some kind of coating (oleophobic?) on the screen.

I have noticed these micro-scratches too (funny I googled HTC One X micro scratches and this page came up). I haven't dropped my phone and I haven't put it in my pocket with anything else. At first I only noticed them in the sun, but now I can see them indoors as well. You have to turn the display off and hold it at an angle to see the scratches, but they are there.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistaButters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 23

133 posts
More
Today i returned mine after 2 weeks it had a scratch in the midle on the screen and it was visible when the screen is off...
I hope they replace it i dont whant to have a scrached phone that costs 700 euro and is suposed to have gorila glass.
And i havent droped it or put it in my pocket with other items.
31st May 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 26

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aszu

Hi,

Are you sure they are scratches? I noticed something similar on my HOX the other day and thought I'd scratched it at first, but the whole screen seems to have that pattern and it's far too regular to be tiny scratches. I think it's part of the screen (digitiser?) as scratches wouldn't look so regular.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread