[GUIDE][ALL ICS ROMS]Landscape Mod for Sense4-styled Multitasking[LP7/LP8 Attached]

Search This thread

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
****Don't Panic, It's still the same thread I only decided to make this Post cleaner****

*** We all know that the beautiful Sense Multitasking Mod lacks a functional landscape mode. This Guide will add a functional Landscape mode to it ***

REQUIREMENTS
* You must already HAVE/know how to apply the ORIGINAL SENSE4 MULTITASKING MOD before proceeding to this one.
* Samsung Galaxy SII ICS ROM

HOW TO: The universal way. FOR DEVS & ADVANCED USERS

This Should work on any Galaxy SII ICS ROM (Stock/AOSP/AOKP/CM9). May work on other phones too.

What files are we modding?
**in SystemUI.apk***
-res/drawable-nodpi/nyandroid11.png
-res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_item.xml
-res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_panel.xml

Decompile SystemUI.apk

STEP 1-
-REPLACE res/drawable-nodpi/nyandroid11.png with the one in the attached sources.zip

STEP 2- Edit -res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_item.xml as follows:

Code:
LINE 6: <ImageView android:id="@id/app_thumbnail_image" android:layout_width="120.0dip" android:layout_height="320.0dip" android:scaleType="centerInside" />

[B]ADD-[/B] android:paddingTop="40.0dip" AND android:layout_marginTop="10.0dip" 

[B]IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS NOW:[/B]
<ImageView android:id="@id/app_thumbnail_image" android:paddingTop="40.0dip" android:layout_width="120.0dip" android:layout_height="320.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="10.0dip" android:scaleType="centerInside" />
STEP 3- Edit -res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_panel.xml as follows:

Code:
LINE 7: <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/recents_linear_layout" android:visibility="gone" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

[B]DELETE-[/B] android:visibility="gone"

<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/recents_linear_layout" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

Done.

Recompile SystemUI.apk

HOW TO: The quick and easy way. FOR LESS-EXPERIENCED USERS/MAYBE N00Bs TOO

**This will only work on Samsung ICS ROMs, It will not work on AOSP, CM9, AOKP, MIUI ROMs. You have been warned!

INSTRUCTIONS
* Download and extract the attached source.zip
* DECOMPILE/Extract SystemUI.apk
* Replace the files inside in SystemUI.apk with the ones found inside my attachment/sources.
* Recompile/Repack/Rezip SystemUI.apk
* Push the new SystemUI.apk to your phone

You now have a full functional Sense Mod!

****ATTACHED FOR LP7/LP8 ROM.
-Note that your phone will be themed blue/black.
-Flash as normal CWM zip package!

To do
-Add thumbnail reflections to this landscape mod

CREDITS:
EVILISTO For the Original Sense 4.0 styleMultitasking
firefds who made Sense 4.0 multitasking possible on Samsung ICS ROMS
D4rKn3sSyS
Neil Davies
others

Screenshots:

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Sources.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 193
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 5,805
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 6,811
Last edited:

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
Hi mate nice work.I want to try it with reflections mod but not working?
Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks!!!

I don't know but can u tell me the exact problem you are facing? U can check out from the LP7/8 attachment. Reflections work but only in portrait.
If I have the chance, I might update the thread with exact lines that I modified just to make sure it works for everybody.

.malo2000

Jan 21, 2012
First post updated with easier guide!

I Jokesy and thanks for your guide.

It is very simple...but I have a problem:

Inportrait mode it is normal....

View attachment 1147362

In landscape it is

View attachment 1147363

It seems it doesn't work....but if I touch the screen (where I know there should be recents app) the app starts :confused: (For example I know on the right I have Internet app if I touch there the app starts) I think I only need the image of the app...but I don't know how to do it :crying:

duyz

Jun 22, 2012
I do as you said but it doesn't work,i'm on stock ics rom:(

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
I Jokesy and thanks for your guide.

It is very simple...but I have a problem:

Inportrait mode it is normal....

View attachment 1147362

In landscape it is

View attachment 1147363

It seems it doesn't work....but if I touch the screen (where I know there should be recents app) the app starts :confused: (For example I know on the right I have Internet app if I touch there the app starts) I think I only need the image of the app...but I don't know how to do it :crying:

It works perfectly and almost every developer on GSII have successfully implemented this mod.
Which of the methods are u using? The tutorial or the source files?
Please let me know.

Reactions: .malo2000

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
I do as you said but it doesn't work,i'm on stock ics rom:(

Can u tell me exactly what u did. Do u have a working sense mod or u know how to do it urself? Please read my instructions and requirements very well. If u want me to assist us with the whole process, then u will have to let me know exactly what and how u did it.

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
Can't wait for that.
Thanks.

Reflections has been working for me since day one in portrait mode but not in landscape. After studying the original sense mod very well, I discovered that the reflections was applied in the small file. Presently I have no idea what to do to enable reflections in landscape but if u know, u can let me know.
If you don't have reflections in portrait view then let me know because I have a fix for that.

.malo2000

Jan 21, 2012
It works perfectly and almost every developer on GSII have successfully implemented this mod.
Which of the methods are u using? The tutorial or the source files?
Please let me know.

I try all the methods :'( I'll send you my file...so if you'll can spent a little of your time perhaps you'll solve my problem ;)

This is my rom's systemui.apk http://db.tt/KoDYXIyH

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

duyz

Jun 22, 2012
I do that :(
* Replace the files inside in SystemUI.apk with the ones found inside my attachment/sources.
* Push the new SystemUI.apk

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
I do that :(
* Push the new SystemUI.apk

Ok. I see the problem there.
Files in source.zip are already decompiled so it will not work if u jusy rezip the systemui.apk. You have to recompile it. If u dont know how to recompile and just want to rezip i will upload a file specially for u and a simple tutorial how to go by it.
I'm presently busy now so just give me about 4hrs i will do it once i get home.

Reactions: duyz

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
I try all the methods :'( I'll send you my file...so if you'll can spent a little of your time perhaps you'll solve my problem ;)

This is my rom's systemui.apk http://db.tt/KoDYXIyH

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

What's d version of ur ROM?
I would have loved to help u with ur systemUI.apk but unfortunately, I'm presently off city so I only have Edge present here. Even if i'm able to download ur file, uploading it wont be possible at the moment. With the screenshots you posted in ur previous post, i assume you can do it on ur own.
Analysing your screenshots, it seems some errors occured while u were trying to recompile your systemui.apk because all the changes you made in res/layout-land simply did not apply, hence the blank screen on landscape view. I'm going to upload comipled files so as to help u and others. All u will just have to do is to copy those files using winzip/winrar/7-zip to ur systemui.apk and push it.
I'm very busy at the moment but the files and instructions will be up in about 3.5hours time.
By the way, also noticed in ur screenshots that ur portrait view does not have reflections. If u want it i can also help u with that, although it's a little more advance.

Reactions: .malo2000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****Don't Panic, It's still the same thread I only decided to make this Post cleaner****

*** We all know that the beautiful Sense Multitasking Mod lacks a functional landscape mode. This Guide will add a functional Landscape mode to it ***

REQUIREMENTS
    * You must already HAVE/know how to apply the ORIGINAL SENSE4 MULTITASKING MOD before proceeding to this one.
    * Samsung Galaxy SII ICS ROM

HOW TO: The universal way. FOR DEVS & ADVANCED USERS

This Should work on any Galaxy SII ICS ROM (Stock/AOSP/AOKP/CM9). May work on other phones too.

What files are we modding?
    **in SystemUI.apk***
    -res/drawable-nodpi/nyandroid11.png
    -res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_item.xml
    -res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_panel.xml

Decompile SystemUI.apk

STEP 1-
    -REPLACE res/drawable-nodpi/nyandroid11.png with the one in the attached sources.zip

STEP 2- Edit -res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_item.xml as follows:

Code:
    LINE 6: <ImageView android:id="@id/app_thumbnail_image" android:layout_width="120.0dip" android:layout_height="320.0dip" android:scaleType="centerInside" />

[B]ADD-[/B] android:paddingTop="40.0dip" AND android:layout_marginTop="10.0dip" 

<ImageView android:id="@id/app_thumbnail_image" android:paddingTop="40.0dip" android:layout_width="120.0dip" android:layout_height="320.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="10.0dip" android:scaleType="centerInside" />
    STEP 3- Edit -res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_panel.xml as follows:

Code:
    LINE 7: <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/recents_linear_layout" android:visibility="gone" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

[B]DELETE-[/B] android:visibility="gone"

<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/recents_linear_layout" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

Done.

Recompile SystemUI.apk

HOW TO: The quick and easy way. FOR LESS-EXPERIENCED USERS/MAYBE N00Bs TOO

**This will only work on Samsung ICS ROMs, It will not work on AOSP, CM9, AOKP, MIUI ROMs. You have been warned!

INSTRUCTIONS
    * Push the new SystemUI.apk to your phone

You now have a full functional Sense Mod!

****ATTACHED FOR LP7/LP8 ROM.
    -Note that your phone will be themed blue/black.
    -Flash as normal CWM zip package!

To do
    -Add thumbnail reflections to this landscape mod

CREDITS:
    EVILISTO For the Original Sense 4.0 styleMultitasking
    firefds who made Sense 4.0 multitasking possible on Samsung ICS ROMS
    D4rKn3sSyS
    Neil Davies
    others

Screenshots:

Before:
    attachment.php

After:
    attachment.php
    Guide for N00bs

This Mod only fixes the blank landscape Mode. You must already have a working Sense mod in your ROM

Guide for N00bs

Requirement:
    ***This Mod only fixes the blank landscape Mode. You must already have a working Sense mod in your ROM
    ***You must have Winzip, Winrar or 7-zip. I personally prefer 7-zip or Winrar

HOW to:

**Download my attachment n00b-source.zip
    **Extract it in a particular location e.g. Desktop
    **Copy your ROM's SystemUI.apk too to the same location (e.g Desktop) so as to make things easier
    **Open the SystemUI.apk with any of those tools(winzip, winrar or 7-zip), DO NOT EXTRACT IT
    **Drag and drop the files in the extracted noob-source.zip into their respective locations in the SystemUI.apk
    e.g Drag and drop systemui.apk/res/drawable-nodpi/nyandroid11.png to res/drawable-nodpi in the opened Systemui.apk. Do the same thing for other files
    **Close the opened SystemUI.apk
    **Push the modified SystemUI.apk to your Phone using a file manager with root capabilities or any other method you know eg Root explorer or ES file manager or File expert. Don't forget to apply correct permissions rw-r-r
    ....easier method to push system files to your phone will be updated soon
    This Mod only fixes the blank landscape Mode. You must already have a working Sense mod in your ROM

Guide for N00bs

Requirement:
    ***This Mod only fixes the blank landscape Mode. You must already have a working Sense mod in your ROM
    ***You must have Winzip, Winrar or 7-zip. I personally prefer 7-zip or Winrar

HOW to:

**Download my attachment n00b-source.zip
    **Extract it in a particular location e.g. Desktop
    **Copy your ROM's SystemUI.apk too to the same location (e.g Desktop) so as to make things easier
    **Open the SystemUI.apk with any of those tools(winzip, winrar or 7-zip), DO NOT EXTRACT IT
    **Drag and drop the files in the extracted noob-source.zip into their respective locations in the SystemUI.apk
    e.g Drag and drop systemui.apk/res/drawable-nodpi/nyandroid11.png to res/drawable-nodpi in the opened Systemui.apk. Do the same thing for other files
    **Close the opened SystemUI.apk
    **Push the modified SystemUI.apk to your Phone using a file manager with root capabilities or any other method you know eg Root explorer or ES file manager or File expert. Don't forget to apply correct permissions rw-r-r
    ....easier method to push system files to your phone will be updated soon

Thanks I have put it in my rom's 3d

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/modding-samsung-galaxy-s2/138195-rom-ics-steulm-roms-one-dev-all-firmwares-beer-chips-o-t-after-10-p-m.html
    First post updated with easier guide!
    Sorry guys my internet has been horrible since yesterday.