Sense or No Sense? What do you guys prefer...

OP Daley87

31st May 2012, 09:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 21

245 posts
More
Same question as in the title, do you prefer to have sense or prefer to get rid? I love sense 4 but do think the amount of ram it uses is a bit on the heavy side...
I'm currently undecided.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
31st May 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,580

9,407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley87

Same question as in the title, do you prefer to have sense or prefer to get rid? I love sense 4 but do think the amount of ram it uses is a bit on the heavy side...
I'm currently undecided.

i like sense..beautiful UI and just plain better than TW. but still if i see a AOKP rom or cm9 fully stable and working i will be making the jump. cause nothing beats pure google rom at the end of the day. both have their good and bad points. plus if you still like sense you can reduce the ram size it eats up by using rom cleaner
31st May 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 288

3,066 posts
More
I prefer a vanilla experience, but I'm keeping a sense based ROM on my HOX until I can find a camera app that comes close to the greatness of the sense 4 camera and takes advantage of the hardware.

CM9 on my HOX was fast and snappy, but I don't care for the camera.

I did a bit of DE-Sensing on my own with Titanium by freezing a lot of HTC stuff; basically anything with the weird Sense in it. Greatly improved multitasking, but still not as well as my Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
31st May 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Within the Matrix

9,407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedloop

I prefer a vanilla experience, but I'm keeping a sense based ROM on my HOX until I can find a camera app that comes close to the greatness of the sense 4 camera and takes advantage of the hardware.

CM9 on my HOX was fast and snappy, but I don't care for the camera.

I did a bit of DE-Sensing on my own with Titanium by freezing a lot of HTC stuff; basically anything with the weird Sense in it. Greatly improved multitasking, but still not as well as my Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

there is a thread now as well that gives you what apps to freeze or disable as well
31st May 2012, 10:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 21

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

there is a thread now as well that gives you what apps to freeze or disable as well

Link?
I also feel the same as one of the above guys, until either the sense camera could be ported or something came close then i just can't make the jump to CM9

31st May 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag Within the Matrix

9,407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley87

Link?
I also feel the same as one of the above guys, until either the sense camera could be ported or something came close then i just can't make the jump to CM9

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1681729

there you go mate
31st May 2012, 11:04 PM   |  #7  
Heredia, Costa Rica
Thanks Meter: 34

228 posts
Guys, I bought a HOX after owning a Samsung Captivate and then a Galaxy S2, so I considered myself a self proclaimed Samsung fanboi. I made the jump because I wanted to taste another brand and I've liked HTC since the Windows Mobile days.

Regarding Sense 4 let me tell you, compared to TW it is simply fantastic. It is so well designed, elegant, simple, love the lockscreen customizations.

You all are correct, the camera app on HOX is that good that I am not leaving sense until something better comes along. I am thinking of installing a Sense based ROM but I am hesitant as I am enjoying the stock experience so much (for now).
31st May 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,474

452 posts
Donate to Me
More
For me Sense gets old and ugly pretty quick. It's not worth the memory + cpu resources it consumes :/
31st May 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 564

2,119 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgascoigne

For me Sense gets old and ugly pretty quick. It's not worth the memory + cpu resources it consumes :/

I agree it is a resource hog, but I think it looks better then most.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread