[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][GT-5113] CleanRom v1.1 6/3/2012
I Proudly Present the first Custom Rom available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113)
What is this you ask:
This is a slightly modified version of the most current stock ROM available for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113).
Notice for CleanRom v1.0 users:
The update instructions are below the installation instructions. Updating to the newest version will NOT
remove any of your settings or data as long as you do not Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
Features so far:
1. Moved Dropbox to Data so it can be removed
2. Removed SuperSU and added Superuser to resolve some issues.
3. Added download containing removed apk files (See details below)
-Stock, Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned
-Removed a bunch of bloat applications
-Removed crap bookmarks
That's about it.
1. You must have the custom recovery installed from the Rooting thread. (If you are going to install this you do not have to install the root zip file, this rom is already rooted.)
(Update instructions below)
1. Download to external sdcard
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Make a nandroid backup Highly Recommended
4. Data Wipe/Factory Reset REQUIRED for new installations
5. Flash Rom
6. Reboot and enjoy
1. Download the latest version to your external sdcard
2. Reboot to recovery
2a. Looks like you may need to wipe data (Some people are reporting issues with Wifi if they do not wipe data.)
3. Flash Rom
4. Reboot and enjoy
Flashing the rom on my device takes about 1.5 minutes or less, but the first boot will take about 2.5 minutes, and then another 30 seconds or so to format the applications. After the first boot it will boot up much faster.
Since this is basically a very minimally modified version of the stock Rom there is no need to post screenshots.
Below in the download section you will find a zip file containing all of the apk files that have been removed from stock during the process of building this Rom. Some of them will allow you to simply install, but other will require a little more effort:
To install apks manually that will not install themselves you will have to do the following:
1. Move the apk file to the /system/app/ folder with a root enabled file explorer
2. Reboot you tablet.
Version 1.1 (Current release)
Dropbox Download v1.1
Google Drive Download v1.1
Removed Apps download:
Removes Apps (Dropbox Link)
Removed Apps (Google Drive link)
Dropbox link: Download v1.0
Google Drive link: Download v1.0
Let me know if you have any issues with Google Drive, and I can look into hosting it somewhere else also.
Special Thanks to:
For providing faster Dropbox hosting for this Rom!