Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Post Reply

[Q] How do I use no frill CPU?

OP TwilightLoz

1st June 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I want to overclock my phone. I have doom kernel v14 installed. I installed no frill CPU on my phone. The min frequency I seleted was at 300 MHz (approx) and the max was 1.4 GHz (approx). Does this mean that the phone will automatically go between these values if I run a heavy app (eg GTA 3)? And what does the 'governor' and 'i/o schedular' mean and what does it do? My current settings are :
sio - I/o schedular
Performance - govenor
1st June 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
269 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Min - 245
Max - 1.2 Ghz
Governor : Smartass v2
Mine is like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Is ReadyTo Play. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
and what about the i/o scheduler? And what does govenor and i/o scheduler mean?
4th June 2012, 12:23 PM   |  #4  
Play!Ya's Avatar
Member
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 9
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
I'm also on Doomkernel v14 and my battery is draining so quicky. Its dropping 5% every 10minutes even when I'm using any light application. I have SetCPU and my sttings are Max 1401MHz and Min 134MHz with smartassV2 and deadline. Although speed is amazing but battery performance is terrible.
4th June 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #5  
abstractbeats's Avatar
Member
London
Thanks Meter: 25
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightLoz

I want to overclock my phone. I have doom kernel v14 installed. I installed no frill CPU on my phone. The min frequency I seleted was at 300 MHz (approx) and the max was 1.4 GHz (approx). Does this mean that the phone will automatically go between these values if I run a heavy app (eg GTA 3)? And what does the 'governor' and 'i/o schedular' mean and what does it do? My current settings are :
sio - I/o schedular
Performance - govenor

Performance governor is a "special" one in that it goes to the max. clock speed, and never uses the min., or any frequency in between. You can do that if you want to do benchmarking reliably, but I'm not sure it's good for battery life.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1663809

^ That page explains all the governors, but from what I can tell from using Cool Tool onscreen system info app, "lagfree" on Doomkernel seems to be a higher performance governor like you'd expect from the name and not how he or she describes: it seems to scale down only quite slowly from a high clock, I'm guessing to eliminate any possible lag while scrolling the interface that might result if it scaled down quicker. And we don't have anything relating to multiple cores

Anyway, I think I saw you say you were on JokaWild as well. Looking at the Joka init.d scripts the SmartAssV2 parameters are tweaked towards performance and it comes as the default for the rom, so maybe try that as a more balanced option than Performance governor.

Another CPU governor and I/O scheduler mega-thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play!Ya

I'm also on Doomkernel v14 and my battery is draining so quicky. Its dropping 5% every 10minutes even when I'm using any light application. I have SetCPU and my sttings are Max 1401MHz and Min 134MHz with smartassV2 and deadline. Although speed is amazing but battery performance is terrible.

I wondered as well if v14 was not as good as v13 3013 for battery life, but better for performance, but 5% in 10 minutes is a lot. Have you tried using the BetterBatteryStats app to find an explanation? Has it got better just through subsequent use / recharging?
Last edited by abstractbeats; 4th June 2012 at 11:53 PM.
5th June 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #6  
Member
Flag San Salvador
Thanks Meter: 13
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Battery life really sucks on jokawild (actually in all CustomRoms).

I have mine like this (r800a):
-smartassv2/sio or bfq
-.62 stock rom with a couple of build.prop mods
-64 baseband
-juice defender
-brightness around 25%
-supercharger v6

My phone has been for like 4hr and still with 100%
6th June 2012, 12:46 AM   |  #7  
GetPatriotized's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 145
 
1,588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikexd1

Battery life really sucks on jokawild (actually in all CustomRoms).

I have mine like this (r800a):
-smartassv2/sio or bfq
-.62 stock rom with a couple of build.prop mods
-64 baseband
-juice defender
-brightness around 25%
-supercharger v6

My phone has been for like 4hr and still with 100%

Was it charging? o.O That's impossible. I left my phone idle,lowest brightness and wifi off for about 30 minutes and it dropped to 96%.

I have deep sleep enabled,juice defender,

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Play Themes and Apps by ThreadRank