Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST] Facebook for HTC Sense

Tip us?

BrianBaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 884
Default [REQUEST] Facebook for HTC Sense

As many people are starting to realize that HTC using the Facebook App for syncing purposes is not working out very well. Is there any way to bake in the old style Facebook for HTC sense for updating status and contacts?

I have my Facebook app set up to sync every hour and the last sync was done at 5am and now 4 1/2 hours later it still shows the last update done at 5am....

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
Rom:Stock-Unlocked

ZEDEK
Old
Thanks Meter 64
YES....this^^^!!!! I used to think Facebook for HTC SENSE was useless..now I'm missing it everyday
-ZDK-
The Following User Says Thank You to ZEDEK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arodey
Old
Thanks Meter 54
When I was on Stock De-Odexed Facebook seemed to sync contacts and Friendstream just fine. On eLiTE it has issues. I don't know why this is the case since they both have the same base.
Google Nexus 5 | Samsung Galaxy S4 | HTC EVO 4G LTE | HTC EVO 3D | Samsung Replenish | Barnes & Noble Nook Color | HTC Incredible | HTC Hero CDMA
The Following User Says Thank You to arodey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RegnierD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 400
Mine is working fine on his latest. Dunno what to say guys, sorry. Getting the old version from Sense 3.0 is probably never going to happen. Different Android versions, way different Sense versions... These two things make it nearly impossible, or hard enough that a dev would rather spend that amount of time working on their rom, not pictures syncing. Usually, different Sense/Android versions don't play well when you mix them together; the components don't even recognize each other. Sense only likes what ships in it, not previous or newer components. Did that make any sense?

Tapatalked from my shiny new HTC Evo LTE
Having problems with root/S-Off on your DInc2? Visit my help thread here!

Device: HTC One M8
ROM: Stock International
Kernel: Bundled w/rom
Recovery: Latest TWRP
Device History:
HTC Droid Incredible -> Samsung Fascinate -> LG Revolution -> HTC Droid Incredible 2 -> HTC Evo 3D -> HTC Evo 4G LTE -> Samsung Galasy S III -> Samsung Galaxy SIV -> LG Nexus 4 -> HTC One M8

jbermi
Old
Thanks Meter 917
i notice even when you check auto sync, it turns itself off sometimes, that may be the issue?

BrianBaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 884
Well as of right now my last sync was still 6am....I am on Viper so maybe that is the issue. I will go back to a stock Rom tonight and see how that goes.. If I remember correctly I didn't notice this as a problem until I started flashing Roms

arodey
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
Well as of right now my last sync was still 6am....I am on Viper so maybe that is the issue. I will go back to a stock Rom tonight and see how that goes.. If I remember correctly I didn't notice this as a problem until I started flashing Roms

I just restored a nand of stock deodexed and Facebook sync works fine
Google Nexus 5 | Samsung Galaxy S4 | HTC EVO 4G LTE | HTC EVO 3D | Samsung Replenish | Barnes & Noble Nook Color | HTC Incredible | HTC Hero CDMA

ticklemepinks
Old
Thanks Meter 434
it doesn't even show ppl facebook statuses when contacts call like it used to, i miss facebook for htc sense
ticklemepinks nuff said sweetie!

arodey
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemepinks View Post
it doesn't even show ppl facebook statuses when contacts call like it used to, i miss facebook for htc sense
It was doing that on elite 1.2.1, it also does it on stock (what I'm currently running)

BrianBaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 884
Yeah.... I'm going back to stock and try it out still hasn't synced since 6am but everything else is syncing just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to BrianBaker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]