Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Evo Shift 4g to MetroPCs

Tip us?

TheMomo
Old
(Last edited by TheMomo; 2nd June 2012 at 08:03 PM.) Reason: Fully Rooted.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Evo Shift 4g to MetroPCs

Hey Guys, my girlfriend loves her Evo Shift 4g but her mother wouldnt pay the sprint bill so she moved to MetroPCs.

I mean she really loves her phone and she wanted me to check if I could flash it over to MetroPCs.

I've browsed through and search many times through many forums for a way to find a proper tutorial for me to flash it.

I did find one: HTC Evo 4G MetroPCS HOW TO!

This link is for the Evo 4g. I would like to know if I could use this same tutorial for Evo Shift 4g.

Also currently the phone is deactivated, since Its bill wasnt payed and its been around 2 months, will this phone be properly shifted to MetroPCs? Incase of a bad ESN or such?

I have fully Rooted the Evo Shift 4g down to 2.2 S-off.

Could someone provide any help? I will provide any other information needed.

VICODAN
Old
(Last edited by VICODAN; 2nd June 2012 at 07:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMomo View Post
Hey Guys, my girlfriend loves her Evo Shift 4g but her mother wouldnt pay the sprint bill so she moved to MetroPCs.

I mean she really loves her phone and she wanted me to check if I could flash it over to MetroPCs.

I've browsed through and search many times through many forums for a way to find a proper tutorial for me to flash it.

I did find one: HTC Evo 4G MetroPCS HOW TO!

This link is for the Evo 4g. I would like to know if I could use this same tutorial for Evo Shift 4g.

Also currently the phone is deactivated, since Its bill wasnt payed and its been around 2 months, will this phone be properly shifted to MetroPCs? Incase of a bad ESN or such?

I am currently rooting the Shift 4g, and am familiar with the rooting process. I am currently using the stickied tutorial :
EVO [VIDEO GUIDE] FULL S-OFF ROOT for Evo SHIFT. Froyo (2.2) + Gingerbread (2.3.3+2.3.4)

Im currently stuck on: download the Evo Shift 4g Rootkit since the link is no longer working:
http://www.goo-inside.me/roms/VICODAN/shift-rootkit.rar

Could someone provide any help? I will provide any other information needed.

Yes, pretty much but you need to go to a metro store and get "metro flashed" ($10) no matter what.

BTW:

http://www.goo-inside.me/roms/VICODAN/shift-rootkit.rar

link works for me. downloading...

TheMomo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Really? Thanks so much Vicodan. Also I got the link to work. I have fully rooted it down to 2.2 s-off. Anything else i should be doing?

VICODAN
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Really? Thanks so much Vicodan. Also I got the link to work. I have fully rooted it down to 2.2 s-off. Anything else i should be doing?
Flash the 1.08.01.0111 radio, Download ROM Manager and Flash clockwork recovery if you haven't already, boot to recovery take a backup and then flash newsense.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1568556
The Following User Says Thank You to VICODAN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheMomo
Old
(Last edited by TheMomo; 3rd June 2012 at 06:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks a lot Vicodan. I'll look into getting those done and posting my progress.

Also You noted on your tutorial that when you've finished rooting you should be on 1.07 which is fine. After I update the Radio, should i also update the Wimax to 27240?
Just taking precautions. I might just update to it anyways.

-------------------

Ohhhhoh Thank god I read the 1.08.01.0111 thread. It already includes wimax 27243. Thank god for reading first.

Xbugzx
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Themomo, its not as simple as Vicodan said. MetroPCS doesnt want any phones that are from other carriers on their service. I'm pretty sure that if you go to a MetroPCS store, one of the associates will tell you this "I can try to flash the phone for you, but the only things that will be working is talk and text" then after a few mins, the lame brain associate will tell you that they couldn't put it on their database. What you need to do is go on craigslist and find someone who can flash phones to metro, they will charge you about 60-70 dollars and everything will be working except mms. After your phone is flashed to metro, you will need to fix your mms issue, use this guide and everything will be working http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1332625 . I should know, my shift is on Metro

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

VICODAN
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks a lot Vicodan. I'll look into getting those done and posting my progress.

Also You noted on your tutorial that when you've finished rooting you should be on 1.07 which is fine. After I update the Radio, should i also update the Wimax to 27240?
Just taking precautions. I might just update to it anyways.

-------------------

Ohhhhoh Thank god I read the 1.08.01.0111 thread. It already includes wimax 27243. Thank god for reading first.
27243 is for Evo not the Shift, flash 1.08.01.0111/27243, fastboot will skip 27243

TheMomo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So Vicodan, Should i be worried about the wimax 27243? Since it skips it im not sure.

Also Its fully setup on newSense RC2. Pretty neat. So now should i head over to MetroPCs and ask for a Metro Flash?
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMomo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VICODAN
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So Vicodan, Should i be worried about the wimax 27243? Since it skips it im not sure.

Also Its fully setup on newSense RC2. Pretty neat. So now should i head over to MetroPCs and ask for a Metro Flash?
No don't worry about 27243. HTC screwed up when they released the OTA and included the Evo Wimax radio. It's fine that it skips it. The latest Wimax radio for the Evo Shift is 27240. 27243 is for the Evo 4G.

So cellular: 1.08.01.0111
Wimax: 27240

Are latest for Shift.

And I would read through some of the MetroPCS guides on here and then go to the MetroPCS store.

DO NOT pay more than $10 for a flash.

Xbugzx
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Themomo, if you do get your phone flashed to Metro for $10 or less, do let me know. It cost me $50 to get mine to metropcs by tricking the guy who did mine.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium