5,814,720 Members 52,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So, what will happen now with the Xperia Play?

Tip us?

beez1717
Old
Thanks Meter 24
What's the Wap shop?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

savage24x
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Who cares? It's a cell phone for christ sake. A CELL PHONE.

TheCraig
Old
Thanks Meter 186
My opinion is within a year this section will almost be dead, most of the great developers will have gone, then 6 months later this section is put into the Legacy section, Quad cores are now out, single cores are gone, no one buys Single cores anymore, I intend to buy a Asus Transformer prime rather than a new phone, I want a tablet.

Current Device: Sony Xperia Z1 C6903, Nexus 7 (2013, 16GB)
Headphones & Earphones: Beats Solo HD, Sennheiser CX 475 (I love the CX 475, sound great and comfortable)
Previous Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300, Sony Xperia Play R800i, HTC Wildfire
The Following User Says Thank You to TheCraig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mehdi.moha
Old
Thanks Meter 194
and what about some games that somy promised to us , some psp game.
also sony's marketing-snior manager has told about : just wit and see what we wanna do on xperia play ( 4 or 5 mounth before )
========================================

SONY Wake-up Please ,Use you Experience ... Time to ENTER The XPERIA PLAY 2

cotda
Old
Thanks Meter 10
You already have PS SUITE!! It is just a program to allow developers to publish games to the ps store for pspocket

Xperia Play - Unlocked BL - P.A.C Man JB
Sony Tablet S - Stock

Smooth waves [PS3 XMB] (LWP - REL) - Smooth Lights (LWP - REL) - JB Flash Installer - Free

khamees_xi
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
I say lets all take to soney for ics ti be launched to xperia play even if Xperia play looses the ps certification or what ever or they cqn just update the beta to a full working rom with camera and WiFi fix lets all submit a post on soney forum or talk duractly to them

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
YOUR PRIVATE ROM TESTER
CONTACT FOR ANY PROBLEM U FACE
I WILL SOLVE IT FOR U

TLRtheory
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
I predict that the Xperia Play's future will go a lot like it's present...

• Xperia Play will continue to rack up on negative press, which of course will be taken as fact by the group of total idiots I like to call the "We don't own it or know anything about it... but we'll judge it anyway!" group.

• People will hate and people will call it a failure because there seriously are people dumb enough to judge a devices validity by sales (and if you ask them, not a single one will know how many games Xperia Play has, or how well it runs with it's 'supposedly obsolete' specs).

• At the end of the day, everyone who actually owns and Xperia Play (and has something of a functional brain) will continue seeing that it gets new, impressive, high-rating games as it always has

• Other controller solutions will continue being touted as "Xperia Play killers"... and never ever reach even a third of the compatible games Xperia Play has under it's belt.

My Technology Web-Blog: http://verytechnical.wordpress.com - Very Technical
My Xperia Play Website: http://xperiaplaygamer.net - Xperia Play Gamer
The Following User Says Thank You to TLRtheory For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ozzmanj1
Old
Thanks Meter 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRtheory View Post
I predict that the Xperia Play's future will go a lot like it's present...

Xperia Play will continue to rack up on negative press, which of course will be taken as fact by the group of total idiots I like to call the "We don't own it or know anything about it... but we'll judge it anyway!" group.

People will hate and people will call it a failure because there seriously are people dumb enough to judge a devices validity by sales (and if you ask them, not a single one will know how many games Xperia Play has, or how well it runs with it's 'supposedly obsolete' specs).

At the end of the day, everyone who actually owns and Xperia Play (and has something of a functional brain) will continue seeing that it gets new, impressive, high-rating games as it always has

Other controller solutions will continue being touted as "Xperia Play killers"... and never ever reach even a third of the compatible games Xperia Play has under it's belt.

Snap!

Miles Wolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage24x View Post
I just asked what will happen with some things that haven't arrived yet to our mobile, I didn't say something like others say as "OH GOD WHAT I'M GONNA DO MY PHONE WON'T HAVE ICS I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF AFTER DESTROYING ALL SONY DEVICES ON MY HOUSE".

xD

bangawasawa
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage24x View Post
Sorry, but no.
It's a cellphone/handheld console hybrid at least. For me it's definitely not just a cellphone and I'd dare say most people who bought it - primarily for playing games - would agree.