[SOLVED] Market FC - com.android.vending not responding.

Search This thread

HipHopBlond

Jan 25, 2011
Sofia
Hello everyone I flashed the new CM7 update recently and after that no matter what I do I get this error. I don't usually write for help, usually I find my answer from google and try everything, but I guess I already did that :( I'm really desperate, please help me I've tried everything...

- Reflashing Gapps
- Clearing the Market (and associated apps) Cache
- Fixing Permissions
- Wipe Data, Deleting Dalvik Cache
- Installing the latest Market (installs, but the error still remains)
- Replacing market related apk files with root explorer manually
- Formatting everything, re-flashing rom, re-flashing google apps (and all of the above after that) and still no go

I'm using the latest nightly PLEASE HELP! I've never screwed that bad before :( :confused: :(

P.S.: Info about my phone in the signature!

Last edited:

HipHopBlond

Jan 25, 2011
Sofia
Maybe its a bug of the new nightly?

Thank you so much for your reply! Maybe it is.

- Unfortunately noone else reported it in the time being, thus meaning it's not.

- Fortunately I haven't tried flashing a stable release in a long time... probably never so It's a must to give it a try! Maybe even an older Stable release (still cm7 though). I'll wipe everything, flash it and if it's good I'll backup and upgrade to the latest again, if the problem comes up again - you were right, I'll restore the backup and wait for the next release, if not... even better, thanks again! Didn't thought of that.

In the mean time other suggestions are accepted as well, I'll report later what happened!

saadislam

May 28, 2010
Riyadh
I dont think this is related to rom. I cleared the data and cache of google play a couple of days ago. It started force closing after that. Tried reflashing, uninstalling the update and even advanced restore of system (as I replaced vending.apk with another one) but it didnt solve it. At the end I did a full restore of my nandroid which solved the problem..

Reactions: HipHopBlond

HipHopBlond

Jan 25, 2011
Sofia
I dont think this is related to rom. I cleared the data and cache of google play a couple of days ago. It started force closing after that. Tried reflashing, uninstalling the update and even advanced restore of system (as I replaced vending.apk with another one) but it didnt solve it. At the end I did a full restore of my nandroid which solved the problem..

Hm nice to know, unfortunately I've lost my nandroid backup... (it was on my flash drive, the next moment it's gone...) Could you possibly back up your market with TB and share the backup file from your SD card? Or at least send it via PM :?

HipHopBlond

Jan 25, 2011
Sofia
**Double post intended to bump :D**

Banging my head against the wall here, but I feel I'm getting close! It turns out it's some kind of permissions problem (tried fixing permissions about 100 times) still no go.

Here's a log cat from the market on a clean brand new installed CM7 nightly (latest again):

Code:
06-04 01:27:33.952 W/PackageManager(229): Unknown permission com.android.vending.permission.UPDATE_MARKET_FAILURE in package com.android.vending.updater

Anyone knows how to fix this? The device is currently formated from head to toes. Gonna install a different ROM on it tomorrow and swap Cyanogen after that =/ Hope this helps, cuz I'm running out of options here.

EDIT: OMG Just tried the splash mod after wiping everything... SAME PROBLEM :O I guess the problem is in gapps? or my sdcard maybe... or CWM I have no idea...

Last edited:
Reactions: PoohTech

olu.danNY

May 27, 2012
Lagos
OnePlus 7T Pro

Banging my head against the wall here, but I feel I'm getting close! It turns out it's some kind of permissions problem (tried fixing permissions about 100 times) still no go.

Here's a log cat from the market on a clean brand new installed CM7 nightly (latest again):

Code:
06-04 01:27:33.952 W/PackageManager(229): Unknown permission com.android.vending.permission.UPDATE_MARKET_FAILURE in package com.android.vending.updater

Anyone knows how to fix this? The device is currently formated from head to toes. Gonna install a different ROM on it tomorrow and swap Cyanogen after that =/ Hope this helps, cuz I'm running out of options here.

EDIT: OMG Just tried the splash mod after wiping everything... SAME PROBLEM :O I guess the problem is in gapps? or my sdcard maybe... or CWM I have no idea...

I run the latest Nightly Build after I really needed to use my video camera as that does not work on Erwin's ICS for now. No issue with my Market but one thing that could cause this is your MTD partition. I use 180 20 on the latest build (Nothing added, nothing removed in the ROM). Hope it helps.

HipHopBlond

Jan 25, 2011
Sofia
I run the latest Nightly Build after I really needed to use my video camera as that does not work on Erwin's ICS for now. No issue with my Market but one thing that could cause this is your MTD partition. I use 180 20 on the latest build (Nothing added, nothing removed in the ROM). Hope it helps.

MY F***ING HERO!!! After 4 days... 4 miserable days...!!!

Moral of the story - You shouldn't set 150MB for the ROM and 10 for the Cache partition :D

Just to make sure I set 250 for the rom and 40 for the cache (like the original partitions of the wildfire) - voala... Now I'm gonna lower them, but it's good to finally see where the problem was. One beer from me dude! :D /Changing the topic name now :)

Final Decision: Rom:160 Cache:20 works like a charm.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoohTech

olu.danNY

May 27, 2012
Lagos
OnePlus 7T Pro

Moral of the story - You shouldn't set 150MB for the ROM and 10 for the Cache partition :D

Just to make sure I set 250 for the rom and 40 for the cache (like the original partitions of the wildfire) - voala... Now I'm gonna lower them, but it's good to finally see where the problem was. One beer from me dude! :D /Changing the topic name now :)

I am still thirsty buddy... I'm glad that helps... Enjoy!... LOL

-EDIT-
There is a new CM7 Nightly Build... I am flashing later.

Last edited:

kaliaragorn

Dec 27, 2009
sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but I've searched around and was not able to find any clue... I do think I'm experiencing the same problem (even if it worked flawlessly for weeks...)-- HOW can I set the cache?

thank you in advance!
f

Oyvindo

Apr 26, 2014
MTD - How to?

Guys - you make it sound like breeze to change the MTD partition?!? I have now used several days searching the net to try to figure out how to do this - but with no luck. All I've benne able to figure out, is that my Galaxy Gear has MMCBLK type partition and not MTD. But can you please explain to me how to change it?

Rgds
Viking

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Glad to hear you solved the problem. My internet went down yesterday so I couldnt reply you.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA

I am still thirsty buddy... I'm glad that helps... Enjoy!... LOL

-EDIT-
    There is a new CM7 Nightly Build... I am flashing later.

Code: