Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 54,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How can I root mini with ICS?

Tip us?

neomodus
Old
(Last edited by neomodus; 3rd June 2012 at 11:08 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default How can I root mini with ICS?

Ok this is my question.

If you update to ICS 4.0.4 and want root it seems like you need to flash the kernel from 4.0.3 to be able to root according to some guides I checked our.
But how should we that use mini/mini pro that will get the update directly from Gb 2.3.4 to ICS 4.0.4 be able to root since we don't have any kernel from 4.0.3 to use?

Or can we root anyway?
Just wanted to check all this before the update arrives because if I can't root I will stay on Gb until root is possible.

Sorry if it's a noob question

Sent from my ST15i using xda premium

mohdaqib17
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by neomodus View Post
Ok this is my question.

If you update to ICS 4.0.4 and want root it seems like you need to flash the kernel from 4.0.3 to be able to root according to some guides I checked our.
But how should we that use mini/mini pro that will get the update directly from Gb 2.3.4 to ICS 4.0.4 be able to root since we don't have any kernel from 4.0.3 to use?

Or can we root anyway?
Just wanted to check all this before the update arrives because if I can't root I will stay on Gb until root is possible.

Other Way to root is to downgrade to gingerbread [Android 2.3] build number .42 or .58 using flashtools and the root it using any method and then using local.prop method and then flash ICS rom and root it..

For Complete Tutorial Click Here !
My Xperia Mini Pro

Model: SK17i
Code Name: Mango
Android version : 4.0.4
Build Number : 4.1.B.0.587
Root Status: Rooted
BootLoader Status: UnLocked

DragonClawsAreSharp
Old
Thanks Meter 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by neomodus View Post
Ok this is my question.

Or can we root anyway?

If you have unlocked boot loader you can try to flash the rootable kernel of Neo V 4.0.3 and test. It might just work. The phone will not boot. That's for sure. But it might just be able to allow to be pushed with the su and superuser files.
You can experiment if you want. Or, as my friend pointed up stairs you can check my tutorial and root it by android emulator hack.

Thanks,
Rick.

Sent from my SK17i using XDA
Updating from GB to ICS?

[Tutorial] Update.ICS | Frequently Asked Questions
for Xperia 2011 Devices

Having trouble to root 4.0.4?

[Tutorial]Root.Xperia 4.0.4 ROM
for Xperia 2011 Devices

Want to try custom kernels, ROMs?

[Tutorial]Unlock Bootloader.Test Point
for Xperia 2011 Devices
"]

osvaldo25
Old
Thanks Meter 6
other way, flash extended kernel. and you will get root, cwm, etc ...