Post Reply

{PRO} Keymap for HW keyboard / Keylayout / Keyboard layout - for Xperia Pro (MK16i/a)

OP ameer1234567890

4th June 2012, 07:40 AM   |  #1  
ameer1234567890's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thulhaadhoo
Thanks Meter: 1,754
 
1,613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
If you among those having an Xperia Pro with a slide-out hardware keyboard, and you have recently flashed a new ROM on your phone which messed-up the keyboard layout, then you have come to the right place.

Xperia Pro (and other Pro devices of Xperia range) has 14 different key layouts as mentioned on this page. I am releasing a specific update.zip file for each of the 14 different key layouts. Flash the relevant zip for your phone and your hardware keyboard should start working as it should.

To find out which layout is your phone keyboard, go to this page.

If you are unsure about the relevant key layout for your phone, then there is always the tedious option of flashing each update.zip and seeing if it works.

Note 1: I am only releasing 10 keyboard layouts now. I shall release the rest when I get some time to figure it out.

Note 2: This is for Xperia Pro, but might work in other Pro devices of Xperia range. Please confirm if anyone gets it to work on any other Pro devices.

Note 3: If any of the below does not work in your phone or you phone has a different layout than the below, please help me to get it fixed by sending me a PM.

Requirements
1. CWM recovery installed (or root if you are copying files manually).

Installation
1. Download and copy zip file to SD card
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Choose install zip from SD card, select zip and flash .
4. Reboot!
Last edited by ameer1234567890; 5th September 2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Updated zips (permission fix)
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to ameer1234567890 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2012, 07:40 AM   |  #2  
ameer1234567890's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thulhaadhoo
Thanks Meter: 1,754
 
1,613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Technical Details about Key Mapping and Key Layouts
I shall be updating this post with some technical details, when I get time. For the time being, below are some useful resources.

Resources and technical details:
In addition to the above keyboard mappings from Android, Sony (Ericsson) uses a different method for key mapping which is clearly described here:
Last edited by ameer1234567890; 17th July 2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: * Minor Edit *
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ameer1234567890 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameer1234567890

If you among those having an Xperia Pro with a slide-out hardware keyboard, and you have recently flashed a new ROM on your phone which messed-up the keyboard layout, then you have come to the right place.

Xperia Pro (and other Pro devices of Xperia range) has 14 different key layouts as mentioned on this page. I am releasing a specific update.zip file for each of the 14 different key layouts. Flash the relevant zip for your phone and your hardware keyboard should start working as it should.

To find out which layout is your phone keyboard, go to this page.

If you are unsure about the relevant key layout for your phone, then there is always the tedious option of flashing each update.zip and seeing if it works.

Note: I am only releasing 9 keyboard layouts now. I shall release the rest when I get some time to figure it out.

Note 2: This is for Xperia Pro, but might work in other Pro devices of Xperia range. Please confirm if anyone gets it to work on any other Pro devices.

can i put them into phone without root access ????

or please tell me step by step procedure how to move these files and where ... thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to NaughtyDescent For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #4  
RamEsRock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexicali
Thanks Meter: 50
 
203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyDescent

can i put them into phone without root access ????

or please tell me step by step procedure how to move these files and where ... thanks

Not only root access, but a way to boot CWM.
While on recovery, select "Install zip from SD Card", then "Choose zip from sdcard" then you select the file of the keyboard layout you downloaded.

Reboot your device and it should be running correctly.
5th June 2012, 05:14 AM   |  #5  
ameer1234567890's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thulhaadhoo
Thanks Meter: 1,754
 
1,613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyDescent

can i put them into phone without root access ????

or please tell me step by step procedure how to move these files and where ... thanks

Instructions added!
The Following User Says Thank You to ameer1234567890 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #6  
PANCHOMATASANO's Avatar
Member
Flag MONTEVIDEO
Thanks Meter: 8
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
THANKS
My friend ameer thank you for your work.
I am for try. In a few moments you tell.
10th June 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Someone said the difference between African and European releases is that in the African firmware @ goes to the right side of space, in European it goes to the left. I have annoying problem that 3rd party keyboards do not work properly with the hw keyboard. Ill give a try to the African fw, perhaps it'll indeed make the hw keyboard behave outside xperia kb.. Swedish/Finnish firmware would be perfect for experiment.
10th June 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag riyadh
Thanks Meter: 4
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
hey flashed arabic 1 over european rom..and nothing changed
The Following User Says Thank You to anamul.quader For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2012, 02:27 AM   |  #9  
ameer1234567890's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thulhaadhoo
Thanks Meter: 1,754
 
1,613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamul.quader

hey flashed arabic 1 over european rom..and nothing changed

Dou you have arabic keyboard?
11th June 2012, 04:29 AM   |  #10  
PANCHOMATASANO's Avatar
Member
Flag MONTEVIDEO
Thanks Meter: 8
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANCHOMATASANO

My friend ameer thank you for your work.
I am for try. In a few moments you tell.

Excelent work. Very thanks

Pulsa Gracias si te sirvió. Enviado desde mi MK16i usando Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
iyokan, keyboard, keychars, keylayout, xperia pro
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Arc Android Development by ThreadRank