Play Store installer (ADB based) for Disgo 8104 / 9104
***UPDATED 15/06/12 - NOW SHOWS PROTECTED PLAY STORE APPS***
IF YOU LIKE THIS PLEASE CLICK DONATE AT THE LEFT OF THE PAGE
We've previously given a guide to manually put the PlayStore on the Disgo 9104 and 8104 which was at best long winded and un-intuitive. Getting away from that and offering a bit of sophistication I've now prepared a scripted method which does it all for you in a few clicks. This has now been updated to display protected apps in the Play Store (it identifies the device to the Play Store as a Samsung Galaxy S2).
You need :
- A Windows PC with a spare USB port
- A USB A to USB Mini A cable
Firstly you need to download the package from the attachments at the bottom of this post, suitable for your device.
Once extracted you will see the files shown here (roughly these files as I've added some but all is reflective) :
You need to install the drivers which are included in the package (you need to have your tablet connected to your PC using the USB cable). PdaNetA300 is for x86 or 32 bit versions of WIndows and PdaNetA300x64 is for x64 or 64 bit versions of Windows. So double click on the relevant file and follow through the steps all nicely illustrated here .
Accept the agreement and click Next.
Ensure that "Others (or if you are not sure)" is selected and click OK.
Click Install ths driver software anyway.
Once you see this notification bubble appear, you are good to go, just a couple more clicks away.
Ensure that the two highlighted boxes are de-selected and click finish.
Now back into the folder with the files that we extracted. Double click the "run" file to be greeted with the next screen.
Press any key.
If you are happy that your warranty is about to be voided, press any key.
Little bit of magic happens and play store is installed. Press any key.
Press any key and then this dialogue dissapears, process complete.
Important things to note :
- It works on Windows only. If you've a Mac or *nix box, install the Android SDK or borrow a Windows users system for 10 minutes, use bootcamp or a VM, but don't bother me.
- Its designed for Disgo 8104 and 9104 that are in their factory state, haven't been tampered with.
- If you run this on any other tablet and it bricks it, and you come crying or complaining to me, I will not be sympathetic and obviously not responsible either.
- If you follow the instructions you will be done in 5 minutes, if you don't and can't do it I don't care.
PLEASE PRESS THANKS IF YOU USED THIS!