[GUIDE]T-Mobile 10.1 3g Unroot back to Stock!
Hi, I was searching for a long time how to unroot my T-mobile 10.1 Galaxy tab, and I couldn't find anything. Only for the 10.1 wifi only. Didn't find one for T-mobile USA so I just made it! (BAWZ!!)
So here you go!
***Disclaimer: I am NOT responsible for any damages you cause to your device what so ever. This method worked for me but ultimately it is your responsability if anything unexpected occurs while doing this process***
Now that we got that out of the way
*Download original T-Mobile 10.1 firmware from here
Or from here:
*Basic knowledge of how to enter Download mode and Recovery with and with out CWM.
Just in case: if your already rooted with CWM turn your tab off, press and hold the volume down first and the power key until you get to the Recovery/Download screen.(Remember use volume down (left) to navigate back and fourth and Volume up(right) to make your selection in this screen.
*You must have ODIN on your computer. (you can find this in the development section if you don't have ODIN, which you should if your rooted but if not its back in the development area.
*Need Winzip/7zip or something to extract the zip file. (When you try to unzip it's going to ask you for a password "samfirmware.com" without the quotes.)
credit to who ever uploaded this file. Not really sure but Thanks...
* USB cable/Windows (I used windows 7 32 bit)
*Make sure you have enough battery power on your tab. Mine was at 99% not sure what the minimum required is but I didn't risk it.
3. Extract the zip file you downloaded
4. Open ODIN (I use version 1.85)
5. Put your 10.1 into download mode
6. Connect your tab to PC via USB cable (ODIN should recognize your device in the COMM box, should be in the first box to the left marked with com and then a number)
7. Then check mark PDA and press that button (PDA button), now direct to the MD5 file you extracted. Open it
8. Hit start (Make sure you do not interupt the process by removing the usb cable or anyother thing just wait!)
9. Once ODIN tells you everything was successful you can unplug your 10.1 from the computer
10. Be patient let the tab restart,your going to see the original boot animation from T-Mobile.
If your stuck in a boot loop:
1.Press the power key until the tab turns off.
2.Press and hold the volume up, volume down and power key until you get to Recovery/Download screen (let go of all the buttons)
3.Using volume down make sure recovery is selected then press the volume up key to select it.
4.Wait while your tab sets up recovery properly
5.Once you see the recovery menu wipe data/factory reset (I did it three times)
6.Final step select reboot system now. Be patient at this point your tab should restart itself normally.
I wasn't able to find any help on this so I did some looking around and now I have my TAB 10.1 back to original factory without root. I came back from CM9 ICS (needed a working camera) so I'm sure if you do this properly it will work for you to!
You can use this method if you want to change roms from ICS back to honeycomb or what ever. It is highly recommended by the DEV's to unroot and reroot if your gonna be changing roms.
If this post was helpful hit the thanks button!