[TOOL] LG-P970 ROM COVERTER Automatic converter from KDZ to BIN/FLS + ROOT

Search This thread

Edvin73

Oct 7, 2011
how do you enter cwm? What buttons to press?

I would advize you to read the Nooby's "How to for noobies" before asking things like that.This is a converter for kdz files for flashing them with Smartflash tool and when you extract the files you can patch them with recovery.Please, read the Nooby's thread in general threads.;) And by the way, you can enter recovery through the power menu, G button and a million of useful apps.Just some research is needed and good will.

s0cks

Dec 13, 2008
Portugal
Hi guys,

I was trying to inject CWM on V30B and I got security error when I flash.
I used version 2.1 of this rom converter.

I still cant inject CWM with this converter? Or Am I missing something?

Regards.

jes0411

Nov 15, 2011
OnePlus 11
can this be used with P990 too?
Yes but only for convert kdz files in bin/fls, not to inyect cwm.
Hi guys,

I was trying to inject CWM on V30B and I got security error when I flash.
I used version 2.1 of this rom converter.

I still cant inject CWM with this converter? Or Am I missing something?

Regards.
You can't inyect cwm in ICS roms (V28, V30) neither flashing it wiht rom manager (same error and brick).
It seems like lg added a protection to prevent that.
Only can root with unlockroot, but can't use cwm.

Reactions: phankhang

eyal9911

Oct 5, 2010
can I use the converter and smartflash for v30b?

I just want to flash it without inserting CWM. Will it work using rom converter 2.0 and than smartflash it?

Yes but only for convert kdz files in bin/fls, not to inyect cwm.

You can't inyect cwm in ICS roms (V28, V30) neither flashing it wiht rom manager (same error and brick).
It seems like lg added a protection to prevent that.
Only can root with unlockroot, but can't use cwm.

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
Can this process be reversed? Meaning, can I take the BIN and other files and recompile the KDZ?

Thanks in advance to whoever responds. (Please quote me on this post, as this is not my device. Thanks)

jes0411

Nov 15, 2011
OnePlus 11
Ok, thank you. I am looking for a way to easily root/unlock bootloader on my L9, and so far the mentioned methods are a pain. Thanks for your reply on this. :)

It depends on your version of L9.
For P760 is easy to unlock bootloader in jb and flash cwm from fastboot. Then to root flash superuser zip from cwm.
In other versions of L9 I don't know.

Enviado desde mi LG-P760 usando Tapatalk 2

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
No, you can't recompile kdz.

It depends on your version of L9.
For P760 is easy to unlock bootloader in jb and flash cwm from fastboot. Then to root flash superuser zip from cwm.
In other versions of L9 I don't know.

I have the P769. I'm working with Lelus on getting this thing unlocked easily. (Testing a new method currently) So far all has run smooth and extremely easy to do. I think the main issue with these L9's is the various variants of the phone, and so few developers working on them.

Georges2251

Mar 29, 2012
Tripoli
Thank you so much, finally updated my mum's phone from 2.2 to 4.0 and it's amazing.
You're a lifesaver. I tried everything before using this method

honeyss

Jan 24, 2016
Hi, please help me........!!!!!!!!!!!

:crying::crying::crying:
I have developed a tool based in LGExtract 0.2.1 from navossoc.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1566532

It can convert KDZ roms to BIN/FLS automatically in a double click for flashing with SmartFlashTool.

I added LGExtract.exe, extract.exe (to extract .cab file) and a batch that do all the process, in one executable. CWM injection based on cygwin.

Only works with P970 (Optimus Black) and P920 (Optimus 3D) roms and maybe other models with same files structure (several bin files and one fls file). It doesn't work with P990 (Optimus 2x) roms.

Instructions:

Have to put the exe and kdz rom in same folder and execute the program, it shows a cmd window asking which kdz to convert. Type number and tap enter.

iDZXeR0F2yh91.jpg

iE52XPhCGQTbw.jpg

Then it does the extraction of kdz, cab and wdb, merge bin files and clean up. At the end it ask for patch bin file with CWM.

iIqO0YJ8zRd9K.jpg

If type "n" (without quotes) and tap enter conversion has end. Have to tap any key to close cmd window.

ibvvGd6bq3JVRT.jpg

After that you have a folder named as kdz with bin and fls to flash with smartflashtool.

Instructions to patch bin with CWM:

Conversion of kdz to bin/fls is the same.
At the end of conversion can choose to inject CWM or not. To inject it type "y" (without quotes) and tap enter.

iP8QZ2NegZumt.jpg

It continues CWM injection.
It shows several options and have to type latest one and tap enter (normally it shows 2 options like in this case and have to type "2").
iFoiTYUHSsUCH.jpg

iOU9sUWBIx3Gv.jpg

It ask what kind of CWM to inject; "n" for normal and "t" for touch (without quotes) and tap enter.
iy5MatsK5Xyia.jpg

ibnBJxZPbddjjh.jpg

It injects cwm and finally it shows file was succesfully converted, the folder that contains bin and fls files (in this case folder and bin file are renamed to [PATCHED]) and what type of cwm was injected. Tap any key to close cmd window.

iT5Oqj5F5J3gg.jpg

It's ready to flash with smartflashtool. Before flash it, download superuser.zip and copy to sd card. when flash ends, phone is rebooted in recovery, it's recommended to do wipe data, chiefly if install different rom version or if you flash it to solve problems to avoid bootloop or other errors (if flashed same version to root do wipe cache and dalvik, it isn't necessary to do wipe data). Next install zip from sdcard and install superuser.zip. Then reboot system now and phone is ready with the rooted rom. Can install busybox and an app to reboot in recovery like rom manager.

Tested with V20Q and V20S with cwm in my OB from Zeus, CM10 and ICS without problem.

Version 1.1:
Fix incompatibility issue in Windows XP
It has a false positive in Anivir (Avira antivirus).
Virustotal analysis:
https://www.virustotal.com/file/f6b7a459e9dc46656cbfcde437d528255cfcd9f0ffa67e5744f5064de7e3c762/analysis/

Version 1.2:
The folder and bin/fls files are renamed to kdz filename.
Now compatible with Optimus 3D P920 kdz roms and maybe with other models with the same type of bin files extracted from wbd. It doesn't compatible with Optimus Dual P990 because the extraction of wdb generates diferent files.

Version 1.3:
Works with several kdz files in the folder and can choose one of them to convert.
New compiler, fix detection of some antivirus.
New icon, thanks to Ilko.

Version 2.0
Added posibility to patch bin with CWM recovery to root the rom, only for P970, I haven't add CWM for other devices.
Can choose the type of CWM to inject (touch or normal).

Version 2.1
Replaced old method to inject CWM (based on cygwin) with recovery.exe from navossoc.
Improved script thanks to navossoc.
I'll edit the tutorial when I have more time.

Credits:

All credits to navossoc and XDA team who develop LGExtract and recovery.exe and thanks for modify the script to use recovery.exe.
To Pacos1 who realizes it doesn't work in Windows XP and false positive in Antivir.
To t0g3 for improve the script adding the posibility to choose kdz file.
To Ilko for the new compiler, his help and the new icon.

Download:

Mediafire
Box

I flashed wrong rom on lg f180L now it is bricked and not turning on .....

if I search its drivers on device manager when my phone is connected ... under ports it is showing Relink hs-usb qdloader 9008....
please help me to get my phone back please,.........it is not entering in download mode screen is blank please help me :crying::crying::crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have developed a tool based in LGExtract 0.2.1 from navossoc.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1566532

It can convert KDZ roms to BIN/FLS automatically in a double click for flashing with SmartFlashTool.

I added LGExtract.exe, extract.exe (to extract .cab file) and a batch that do all the process, in one executable. CWM injection based on cygwin.

Only works with P970 (Optimus Black) and P920 (Optimus 3D) roms and maybe other models with same files structure (several bin files and one fls file). It doesn't work with P990 (Optimus 2x) roms.

Instructions:

Have to put the exe and kdz rom in same folder and execute the program, it shows a cmd window asking which kdz to convert. Type number and tap enter.

iDZXeR0F2yh91.jpg

iE52XPhCGQTbw.jpg

Then it does the extraction of kdz, cab and wdb, merge bin files and clean up. At the end it ask for patch bin file with CWM.

iIqO0YJ8zRd9K.jpg

If type "n" (without quotes) and tap enter conversion has end. Have to tap any key to close cmd window.

ibvvGd6bq3JVRT.jpg

After that you have a folder named as kdz with bin and fls to flash with smartflashtool.

Instructions to patch bin with CWM:

Conversion of kdz to bin/fls is the same.
    At the end of conversion can choose to inject CWM or not. To inject it type "y" (without quotes) and tap enter.

iP8QZ2NegZumt.jpg

It continues CWM injection.
    It shows several options and have to type latest one and tap enter (normally it shows 2 options like in this case and have to type "2").
    iFoiTYUHSsUCH.jpg

iOU9sUWBIx3Gv.jpg

It ask what kind of CWM to inject; "n" for normal and "t" for touch (without quotes) and tap enter.
    iy5MatsK5Xyia.jpg

ibnBJxZPbddjjh.jpg

It injects cwm and finally it shows file was succesfully converted, the folder that contains bin and fls files (in this case folder and bin file are renamed to [PATCHED]) and what type of cwm was injected. Tap any key to close cmd window.

iT5Oqj5F5J3gg.jpg

It's ready to flash with smartflashtool. Before flash it, download superuser.zip and copy to sd card. when flash ends, phone is rebooted in recovery, it's recommended to do wipe data, chiefly if install different rom version or if you flash it to solve problems to avoid bootloop or other errors (if flashed same version to root do wipe cache and dalvik, it isn't necessary to do wipe data). Next install zip from sdcard and install superuser.zip. Then reboot system now and phone is ready with the rooted rom. Can install busybox and an app to reboot in recovery like rom manager.

Tested with V20Q and V20S with cwm in my OB from Zeus, CM10 and ICS without problem.

Version 1.1:
    Fix incompatibility issue in Windows XP
    It has a false positive in Anivir (Avira antivirus).
    Virustotal analysis:
    https://www.virustotal.com/file/f6b7a459e9dc46656cbfcde437d528255cfcd9f0ffa67e5744f5064de7e3c762/analysis/

Version 1.2:
    The folder and bin/fls files are renamed to kdz filename.
    Now compatible with Optimus 3D P920 kdz roms and maybe with other models with the same type of bin files extracted from wbd. It doesn't compatible with Optimus Dual P990 because the extraction of wdb generates diferent files.

Version 1.3:
    Works with several kdz files in the folder and can choose one of them to convert.
    New compiler, fix detection of some antivirus.
    New icon, thanks to Ilko.

Version 2.0
    Added posibility to patch bin with CWM recovery to root the rom, only for P970, I haven't add CWM for other devices.
    Can choose the type of CWM to inject (touch or normal).

Version 2.1
    Replaced old method to inject CWM (based on cygwin) with recovery.exe from navossoc.
    Improved script thanks to navossoc.
    I'll edit the tutorial when I have more time.

Credits:

All credits to navossoc and XDA team who develop LGExtract and recovery.exe and thanks for modify the script to use recovery.exe.
    To Pacos1 who realizes it doesn't work in Windows XP and false positive in Antivir.
    To t0g3 for improve the script adding the posibility to choose kdz file.
    To Ilko for the new compiler, his help and the new icon.

Download:

Mediafire
    Box
    Hey, I made some changes to your script, please check.

If you like, you can update it :)

Modifications:
    * Changed mistyped application name and some texts.
    * Add additional checks. (file exist, valid option, already exist, etc)
    * Fixed bug with filenames containing space.
    * Reorganized and commented almost all the code.
    * Replaced dd.exe and dependencys by my recovery.exe. (faster and secure)
    * Replaced extract.exe by expand.exe (built on Windows)
    * Removed unused exe and other files.
    * Offset used in CWM will be always valid now, no more wrong numbers.

Note:
    You still need to put the Clockwork .img's with your script.
    I don't uploaded it because of the size.

Please double check it, many things has been changed :)
    New version 2.0 with CWM recovery injection to the rom.
    ---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

are you tried lg converter 2.1?

because in page 1 ,tutorial for lg converter 2.0 not 2.1,... :(

Tutorial for 2.1

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-4.jpg

44.jpg

5-2.jpg

You can now flash the rom using smartflash tool and don't forget the copy of superuser zip on your sd card before flashing. I choosed normal cwm recovery because i have a hard time booting using the touch version of cwm recovery. :)
    The better way to root a v20 kdz is injecting cwm when flashing.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1512203

Yes, but it's LGExtract what create BIN folder, navossoc would have to modify his program to do that.

Who choose that name for the folder was LG.
    I just use the same path and filename that are inside of the wdb container.

I made a tool for patch the bin file and overwrite the recovery with CWM, but I never released it.

I didn't merge files because I never find a pattern for it. Some models are totally different from others.
    So, I just made the tool, you extract and do choose what to do with the files.

[]'s