Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WIP]CyanogenMod 9

Tip us?

tvall
Old
(Last edited by tvall; 6th June 2012 at 12:52 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Default [ROM][WIP]CyanogenMod 9

So here's the story. I built cm9 for the dream/sapphire using files from various devices, one of which is the hero. So out of boredom I built it for the heroc too. I cannot test it or confirm it works.

Info:
Cm9 code from the middle of may (android 4.0.4)
Device and vendor files from github.com/TeamICS
And... that's it.

It should hopefully boot and mostly work. Not sure about audio working. haven't done anything for the camera

http://www.mediafire.com/?je85olw5k6rj7jn - test0
my work
optimus v:
iho magpie

dream/sapphire:
DREAMTeam Froyo, United ICS, and tvall's cm7

misc:
the first chromecast system image without bootloader updates or auto updating - obsolete

If you'd like to donate to me, i accept bitcoins and electronics
BTC - 1titsVyrUw8pGEDF6Jqdh56cZjBRYAQjQ
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whoshotjr2006
Old
(Last edited by whoshotjr2006; 5th June 2012 at 09:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
thank you tvall, i hope you saw i gave you credit for the port that i did, ill try this out and let you know

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

from initial testing:

everything works as it should, except for camera (which you already mentioned) and no usb mass storage

with *edit* stagefright and its associated libs from eligorom or the port of cm9 i posted, we should be able to have working video playback

also ill have to retrace my steps as its been a few since i did it but the kernel i included with cm9 and eligorom has minfrees already set at boot, when i remember what i changed ill post it here

im not sure about camera, i think in /lib/hw we need the camera.msm7k.so and probably for good measure the associated libs from eligorom

thank you tvall, you are a god among men
Devices I've owned in the past

Blackberry 7520>HTC Apache>HTC Touch Pro>Palm Pre>HTC Vogue>HTC G1>Moto Q>HTC Hero CDMAx2>HTC Evo 4g>Kyocera Rise>HTC One V CDMA>Samsung Epic 4g

Current: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Long Live the HeroC!

Roms I've Ported:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whoshotjr2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tvall
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Thank you for testing. We should work together on this (especially since I don't have a hero)
my work
optimus v:
iho magpie

dream/sapphire:

misc:
the first chromecast system image without bootloader updates or auto updating - obsolete

The Following User Says Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whoshotjr2006
Old
(Last edited by whoshotjr2006; 5th June 2012 at 09:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
id be proud to work along side you. i have no experience with building from source or even knowing what to do with the source, but i think im pretty resourceful when it comes to tweaking and stuff like that

i did replace the stagefright lib and associated libs from eligorom and software video playback is working with quickpic. i replaced camera stuff and no go on that, but i know there is a way to fix it.

edit: an idea for you if you have the time to look at it (about camera) http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13317/ and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1624018
Devices I've owned in the past

Blackberry 7520>HTC Apache>HTC Touch Pro>Palm Pre>HTC Vogue>HTC G1>Moto Q>HTC Hero CDMAx2>HTC Evo 4g>Kyocera Rise>HTC One V CDMA>Samsung Epic 4g

Current: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Long Live the HeroC!

Roms I've Ported:

tvall
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoshotjr2006 View Post
id be proud to work along side you. i have no experience with building from source or even knowing what to do with the source, but i think im pretty resourceful when it comes to tweaking and stuff like that

i did replace the stagefright lib and associated libs from eligorom and software video playback is working with quickpic. i replaced camera stuff and no go on that, but i know there is a way to fix it.

edit: an idea for you if you have the time to look at it (about camera) http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13317/ and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1624018
I don't have internet at home currently.. so.. feel free to mess with this rom while I'm gone. I'll look into the camera when I can
my work
optimus v:
iho magpie

dream/sapphire:

misc:

scataldo721
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Would love to see this work out! Great work dudes

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

tvall
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by scataldo721 View Post
Would love to see this work out! Great work dudes

I plan on making this the best rom I can, but I don't have a heroc, so I might not do too well (donations are much appreciated!). Developing blindly is difficult.
my work
optimus v:
iho magpie

dream/sapphire:

misc:

scataldo721
Old
Thanks Meter 133
If you ever need a tester ill gladly be one PM me!

tvall
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Anyone interested in aokp?
my work
optimus v:
iho magpie

dream/sapphire:

misc:

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 269
nice work will try . Thanks for your contribution .