FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][WIP]CyanogenMod 9

2,197 posts
Thanks Meter: 807

By tvall, Senior Member on 5th June 2012, 04:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So here's the story. I built cm9 for the dream/sapphire using files from various devices, one of which is the hero. So out of boredom I built it for the heroc too. I cannot test it or confirm it works.

Info:
Cm9 code from the middle of may (android 4.0.4)
Device and vendor files from github.com/TeamICS
And... that's it.

It should hopefully boot and mostly work. Not sure about audio working. haven't done anything for the camera

http://www.mediafire.com/?je85olw5k6rj7jn - test0
Last edited by tvall; 6th June 2012 at 12:52 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th June 2012, 08:55 PM |#2  
Flag toledo
Thanks Meter: 376

Donate to Me
More
thank you tvall, i hope you saw i gave you credit for the port that i did, ill try this out and let you know

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

from initial testing:

everything works as it should, except for camera (which you already mentioned) and no usb mass storage

with *edit* stagefright and its associated libs from eligorom or the port of cm9 i posted, we should be able to have working video playback

also ill have to retrace my steps as its been a few since i did it but the kernel i included with cm9 and eligorom has minfrees already set at boot, when i remember what i changed ill post it here

im not sure about camera, i think in /lib/hw we need the camera.msm7k.so and probably for good measure the associated libs from eligorom

thank you tvall, you are a god among men
Last edited by whoshotjr2006; 5th June 2012 at 09:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whoshotjr2006 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2012, 09:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Thank you for testing. We should work together on this (especially since I don't have a hero)
The Following User Says Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2012, 09:22 PM |#4  
Flag toledo
Thanks Meter: 376

Donate to Me
More
id be proud to work along side you. i have no experience with building from source or even knowing what to do with the source, but i think im pretty resourceful when it comes to tweaking and stuff like that

i did replace the stagefright lib and associated libs from eligorom and software video playback is working with quickpic. i replaced camera stuff and no go on that, but i know there is a way to fix it.

edit: an idea for you if you have the time to look at it (about camera) http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13317/ and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1624018
Last edited by whoshotjr2006; 5th June 2012 at 09:25 PM.
5th June 2012, 09:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoshotjr2006

id be proud to work along side you. i have no experience with building from source or even knowing what to do with the source, but i think im pretty resourceful when it comes to tweaking and stuff like that

i did replace the stagefright lib and associated libs from eligorom and software video playback is working with quickpic. i replaced camera stuff and no go on that, but i know there is a way to fix it.

edit: an idea for you if you have the time to look at it (about camera) http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13317/ and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1624018

I don't have internet at home currently.. so.. feel free to mess with this rom while I'm gone. I'll look into the camera when I can
6th June 2012, 07:47 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Would love to see this work out! Great work dudes

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium
6th June 2012, 08:03 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scataldo721

Would love to see this work out! Great work dudes

I plan on making this the best rom I can, but I don't have a heroc, so I might not do too well (donations are much appreciated!). Developing blindly is difficult.
6th June 2012, 10:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
If you ever need a tester ill gladly be one PM me!

6th June 2012, 10:50 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Anyone interested in aokp?
6th June 2012, 11:20 PM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 269

More
nice work will try . Thanks for your contribution .
7th June 2012, 12:16 AM |#11  
Flag Augusta, GA
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvall

Anyone interested in aokp?

Differences between that and CM9?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread