Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[solved] htclinkifydispatcher.apk

OP iconeo

5th June 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Thanks to steal25. Just change your build.prop to the following:

Quote:

ro.da1.enable=true

change to

ro.da1.enable=false

then add just below that this line

ro.da1.method=false

Must be rooted/temp rooted. You do not need to be unlocked.

I used the program below to change the value only, didn't have to add a line, and it works for me. I also removed htclinkifydispatcher.apk and then rebooted (not just restart). Some users report a second ro.da1.enable that needs to be modified as well. Try looking at lines 20 and/or 302.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....buildpropedit

I'm noob so please be patient.

With the apple patent our phones are not functioning the way we want them to due to HTCs inclusion of htclinkifydispatcher on our phones. I pulled it and decompiled it in case any devs know or want to go in and fix so we can get on with our (tech) lives.

I used the tools from here to decompile the ICS apk.


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1558171

I just started programming so please be nice.
Attached Files
File Type: zip htclinkifydispatcher.zip - [Click for QR Code] (74.5 KB, 487 views)
Last edited by iconeo; 6th June 2012 at 07:12 PM.
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to iconeo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
firegoblin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 29
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Sweet hopefully the fine devs can do something with this. Good job

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
5th June 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #3  
Rydah805's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,180
 
3,859 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
ill take a look

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Wonder If We For Example, Change This:
Code:
method public static getMailPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/lang/String;
    .locals 1

    const/4 v0, 0x2

    invoke-static {p0, v0}, Lcom/htc/HtcLinkifyDispatcher/HtcAppAssociationsUtils;->getPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;I)Ljava/lang/String;

    move-result-object v0

    return-object v0
.end method
To:
Code:
method public static getMailPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/lang/String;
    .locals 1

    const/4 v0, 0x0

    invoke-static {p0, v0}, Lcom/htc/HtcLinkifyDispatcher/HtcAppAssociationsUtils;->getPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;I)Ljava/lang/String;

    move-result-object v0

    return-object v0
.end method
If We Would Be Able To Disable The "Dispatcher" From Certain Apps Such As Email...

Anybody Up To Test This? I Can Post It Compiled...

Edit: Attached A Version W/ The Above Edits. Can Somebody Confirm Whether Email Link's Work Or Not Or Click A Link To A Video And Tell Me What Come's Of It???
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcLinkifyDispatcher.apk - [Click for QR Code] (35.1 KB, 136 views)
Last edited by Rydah805; 5th June 2012 at 08:31 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rydah805 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805

ill take a look

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Wonder If We For Example, Change This:

Code:
method public static getMailPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/lang/String;
    .locals 1

    const/4 v0, 0x2

    invoke-static {p0, v0}, Lcom/htc/HtcLinkifyDispatcher/HtcAppAssociationsUtils;->getPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;I)Ljava/lang/String;

    move-result-object v0

    return-object v0
.end method
To:
Code:
method public static getMailPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/lang/String;
    .locals 1

    const/4 v0, 0x0

    invoke-static {p0, v0}, Lcom/htc/HtcLinkifyDispatcher/HtcAppAssociationsUtils;->getPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;I)Ljava/lang/String;

    move-result-object v0

    return-object v0
.end method
If We Would Be Able To Disable The "Dispatcher" From Certain Apps Such As Email...

Anybody Up To Test This? I Can Post It Compiled...

Edit: Attached A Version W/ The Above Edits. Can Somebody Confirm Whether Email Link's Work Or Not Or Click A Link To A Video And Tell Me What Come's Of It???

I'll test tonight. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
5th June 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #5  
Rydah805's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,180
 
3,859 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconeo

I'll test tonight. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Cool. Hope it works, but that's just a wild un-educated guess. But you never know... LET US KNOW! I'm a bit busy so I can't try it at the moment, but anybody, feel free to test it!
5th June 2012, 09:27 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Woodstock, GA
Thanks Meter: 237
 
704 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
I just used TiBu to back up the apk then uninstalled and rebooted my phone. The "how do you want to do this" selection screen is functioning now. I tried it on my EVO 3D and now my EL TEEEEEVO with no ill effects. Just my 2 cents.
5th June 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #7  
Rydah805's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,180
 
3,859 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.r.olson

I just used TiBu to back up the apk then uninstalled and rebooted my phone. The "how do you want to do this" selection screen is functioning now. I tried it on my EVO 3D and now my EL TEEEEEVO with no ill effects. Just my 2 cents.

I heard that that worked, but something else happened or didn't work. Can't remember...
5th June 2012, 09:32 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.r.olson

I just used TiBu to back up the apk then uninstalled and rebooted my phone. The "how do you want to do this" selection screen is functioning now. I tried it on my EVO 3D and now my EL TEEEEEVO with no ill effects. Just my 2 cents.

Some of the apps will no longer work correctly now with that method. Like links in text messasges or google talk.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to iconeo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Woodstock, GA
Thanks Meter: 237
 
704 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
I use GoSMS and those links work and I've never used Google Talk. Maybe since I'm using third party software?
5th June 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #10  
filmaker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 511
 
600 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I know completely removing the app altogether will allow the option for YouTube links to pop up, I did it here.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1338926584659.jpg
Views:	2963
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1109143

The only thing like someone else said, phone numbers in email and text don't open up the dialer.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to filmaker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes