Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Defy Mini low internal storage space

Tip us?

KuGeL94
Old
(Last edited by KuGeL94; 5th June 2012 at 07:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default Motorola Defy Mini low internal storage space

Hello i recently bought a motorola defy mini 600mhz 512mb ram 150mb internal storage and a 16gb sd card.
I have a couple of apps and the internal storage is already full, this is my first android phone and i have heard of rooting but it hasnt been discovered for my phone.
Is it possible to set the sd card memory to be seen as internal memory?
And is it possible to install a new android version?

Thank you

Sent from my XT320 using XDA

wadunlop
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default suponia

same siatuacion here
The Following User Says Thank You to wadunlop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KuGeL94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
What can we defy mini users do?
Only wait for the root method to be discovered?

wadunlop
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i think so
The Following User Says Thank You to wadunlop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a.cid
Old
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2586
Setting sd as internel memory is commonly referred to as "partitioning", where a part of the sd is used as internel mem...
However, for that, you require root access, and a kernel that supports init.d scripts...

Sent from my GT S5670 using xda free, (coz the premium keeps force closing :banghead: )
The Following User Says Thank You to a.cid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KuGeL94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
How can i know when rooting becomes availible for the defy mini?

a.cid
Old
Thanks Meter 2586
That is a difficult question to answer...
Does your device have a forum on xda? (Check in the legacy and low activity sub-forum)
If it has, things get a little easier since people can then come together and experiment with different methods...

I'm guessing it does not, so the next thing left is trial and error...
If you are willing to risk your warranty and a possible bricked device, you can try a few of the popular gb methods (I'm assuming your phone is on gb), like gingerbreak, superoneclick, or unviersal root tool etc...

HOWEVER, do this at your own risk, as you cannot hold anyone else responsible for any damages...

Also, from what I've heard, motorola phones usually have a locked bootloader...and unfortunately, I have no experience with such devices (as mine does not have a locked bootloader)...messing around with the bootloaders increases chances of bricking...

Sent from my GT S5670 using xda free, (coz the premium keeps force closing :banghead: )
The Following User Says Thank You to a.cid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Accecier
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I doubt if SuperOneClick does the job. Rooting your phone is easy as 123 with that tool, but on some phones it turns out to nothing. I guess they already tried it.
It didn't work on my poor Mini...
It would be the best if you wait for an official method.
Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA
========================================

Because we can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Accecier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KuGeL94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Yeah i have already used it but it didnt work.
I hope the official method comes out soon because its quite long since the release of the phone.

a.cid
Old
Thanks Meter 2586
Official method?
A phone gets root as people try to root it...there's nothing that the manufacturer does!
Its all trial and error...or some people study the source and find out ways to root!