[APP][4.0+] MacroDroid - Automation For Everyone

Search This thread

UndeadCretin

Jan 13, 2009
Kent
MacroDroidLogo.jpg

Harness the power of your Android device and get automated!

MacroDroid provides an advanced set of automation features but focuses heavily on usability with a simple, easy to use UI and logical step by step process.

It's available for free on Google Play: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlosoft.macrodroid

The free version allows you to create 5 macros with a single action/constraint on each. To support further development I also offer a Pro version available as in-app purchase which allows unlimited macros and unlimited actions/constraints per macro.

User forums can be accessed via the website at: www.macrodroid.com

All feedback and comments greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Jamie

Attachments

• homescreen.png
    homescreen.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 7,998
  • Trigger.png
    Trigger.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 8,269
  • actions.png
    actions.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 8,079
  • addconstraints.png
    addconstraints.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 7,576
  • itemList.png
    itemList.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 7,159
  • EditMacro.png
    EditMacro.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 6,838
  • templates.png
    templates.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 6,536
Last edited:

dtr145r

Nov 11, 2010
Pennsylvania

47kt

Mar 13, 2013
[APP][2.3.3+] MacroDroid - Automation For Everyone - ...except CM users? ó.Ò

edit:Nah, the previously posted user has a whole army of CM's. mmh...

Last edited:

UndeadCretin

Jan 13, 2009
Kent
Hi,

When you guys say its not compatible do you mean it won't let you download from Google Play?

I have loads of Galaxy S4 users and CM users, so I'm not sure why you are experiencing this issue. If you can give me any more information I'll try and sort it!

You could always grab the apk from the website link if you're interested in trying it in the mean time.

Cheers,

Jamie

tribemac

Nov 19, 2012
Looks really interesting, gonna try this out.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

UndeadCretin

Jan 13, 2009
Kent
Also to add, if you are seeing any crash issues with 2.1.4. I have a couple of known issues which I have a fix for. I plan to release 2.1.5 tomorrow at the latest with this fix in, so please bare with me.

riggnix

Jul 29, 2010
Graz
WiFi scanning with WiFi off

GREAT app!

Would it be possible to trigger "WiFi SSID Transition" events when WiFi is off with Android 4.3's "scanning always availible" feature? That would be really nice (e.g. only turning WiFi on if a specific SSID is available)

enban

Apr 2, 2011
It should certainly be possible. I'll add it to my longish TODO list and it will probably rise up the priority as 4.3 takeup becomes more widespread.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi! Very nice app! I played with it just a few minutes, but the list of triggers/actions is impressive! Thank you for sharing your work with us.
If i'm allowed to, I have a suggestion: what about allowing the user to execut a shell script (.sh) on a trigger? Maybe it could be useful for advanced users and low level actions.

Have a nice day.

E.

UndeadCretin

Jan 13, 2009
Kent
Hi! Very nice app! I played with it just a few minutes, but the list of triggers/actions is impressive! Thank you for sharing your work with us.
If i'm allowed to, I have a suggestion: what about allowing the user to execut a shell script (.sh) on a trigger? Maybe it could be useful for advanced users and low level actions.

Have a nice day.

E.

You should be able to do this with the Launch Shortcut action using a third party app such as Secure Settings. It would certainly be nice for advanced users to be able to do it directly from MacroDroid so I'll add it to the TODO list.

Cheers,

Jamie

Jakub_Z.

Jul 2, 2013
Is it possible to switch between 2G/3G without root and stuff?
I'd like to make my phone switch automatically to 3G when mobile data is turned on.

47kt

Mar 13, 2013
Hi,

When you guys say its not compatible do you mean it won't let you download from Google Play?

I have loads of Galaxy S4 users and CM users, so I'm not sure why you are experiencing this issue. If you can give me any more information I'll try and sort it!

You could always grab the apk from the website link if you're interested in trying it in the mean time.

Cheers,

Jamie

I am G note 10.1 user and downloaded your linked apk directly on my aokp 4.3 cm infamous rom. Installed two other apps successfully at later time.
The installation precess just told me that the app isn't installed .
edit: maybe it is useful to say that goggle play is not installed,

Last edited:

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
Can it disable or enable WiFi when I arrive or leave a specific location?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

UndeadCretin

Jan 13, 2009
Kent
I am G note 10.1 user and downloaded your linked apk directly on my aokp 4.3 cm infamous rom. Installed two other apps successfully at later time.
The installation precess just told me that the app isn't installed .
edit: maybe it is useful to say that goggle play is not installed,

Ah ok that makes sense, I've not tested on a device without Google Play installed as I've never before made the apk available via any other means. I'm guessing there is some dependency due to all the in-app purchase stuff that prevents it working. I'll try and look into it and see if there is any easy way to get over this.

Cheers,

Jamie

Reactions: sieghartRM

UndeadCretin

Jan 13, 2009
Kent
Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder that if you like the app, could you please take a few moments to leave a rating on Google Play. It really helps me out a lot and its very hard to maintain a high rating because people are only to quick to leave a bad review if they hit a problem or don't like something.

If you do hit problems then please let me know before leaving a 1 star as I will always do everything I can to resolve any issues.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MacroDroidLogo.jpg

Harness the power of your Android device and get automated!

MacroDroid provides an advanced set of automation features but focuses heavily on usability with a simple, easy to use UI and logical step by step process.

It's available for free on Google Play: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlosoft.macrodroid

The free version allows you to create 5 macros with a single action/constraint on each. To support further development I also offer a Pro version available as in-app purchase which allows unlimited macros and unlimited actions/constraints per macro.

User forums can be accessed via the website at: www.macrodroid.com

All feedback and comments greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Jamie
    Any plans to add an option for location based on the cell tower IDs like Llama does it for example?

I certainly have plans, I've done some preliminary investigation and its quite complicated. When I can have a clear block of time I'll hopefully have a good go at this.

Cheers,

Jamie
    Hi,

Cheers,

Jamie
    It should certainly be possible. I'll add it to my longish TODO list and it will probably rise up the priority as 4.3 takeup becomes more widespread.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Have a nice day.

E.

You should be able to do this with the Launch Shortcut action using a third party app such as Secure Settings. It would certainly be nice for advanced users to be able to do it directly from MacroDroid so I'll add it to the TODO list.

Cheers,

Jamie