No registration required

[ROM] [2.3.6] Blur Daily Driver Rom + Webtop [45.21.78] [Dec10]

OP pinguy1982

6th June 2012, 12:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 395

282 posts
Donate to Me
This is based on the official 4.5.2A-51_OLL-17.8 firmware (its the 2.3.6 Bell rom) and will work with both INTL & AT&T users. Most of the Blur apps have been updated in this version with new looks and features. The Camera on this version is really good. Takes much better images then any of the other BlurCamera's I have tried. Also the gallery is a huge improvement over the older ones, looks much better and a lot faster. Plus as this is the Bell firmware it hasn't got all the AT&T menus in the settings.

The only changes I have made is removed the bundled Bell apps plus added a few tweaks that I see as a must as it fixes or addresses issues that people have with the default Atrix software.

If anyone wants to fork this and add extra features please feel free to do so. You do not need to ask me before hand. I am even willing to host the ROM if you have no where to store it. So if you feel you can improve upon the ROM please do.

Changes Made:
  • The ROM is SuperCharged.
  • Its Rooted and has Busybox installed.
  • Fully DeOdexed and zipaligned
  • No changes made to the theme so no more disappearing status bar.
  • 1080p video recording and 5 finger multi touch.
  • Raindrop Fix
  • Beats Audio + XLound
  • Bravia HD Mobile
  • Jug6 Battery FIX + tweaks I have made. Gives the best battery performance of any Blur ROM when set to 1.0 GHz.
  • Improved AGPS
  • Adblocker
  • faux123 026 1.45 GHz kernel with a CPU app to under-clock it for even better battery life.
  • Using the CM7 APN list. AT&T users that are having data problems try this.

Due to this only having a few locales I have added MoreLocale 2 so you can select your language. I'm from the UK and its not one of the locales that is listed in the blur setup. It can be set to English UK, its just a bit of a pain setting up as you need to skip setup, select MoreLocale 2 and put in en GB and then run blur setup. But you only need to do this once. So its not a huge deal. This also goes for anyone else that haven't got their locale listed. Just skip the blur setup and select MoreLocale 2 and select your locale.

Root Uninstall is also added so you can easily remove system apps you don't want. Its also a pretty nice app to manage your normal installed apps.

You install this like you would with any other ROM. Make sure you have a fairly well charged phone before attempting flashing this. Because this also comes with the webtop it does take awhile to install.

*NEW* [Dec 10] Vanilla Download: 423 MB

http://tinyurl.com/vanilla-stock-blur-webtop

MD5: 6e08268f5798123664f9ec4b15d7bfd1

Wish/To-do list:
  • LS HDMI
  • WebTop over HDMI
  • HDMI Mirroring
  • Toggles in notification bar - Can now be added with this zip.
  • Multilingual in blur setup.

IF YOU GET A BOOTLOOP PULL THE BATTERY AND REBOOT.
Last edited by pinguy1982; 5th August 2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: New Release
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to pinguy1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 45

190 posts
will this work for att guys too?
6th June 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 48

887 posts
More
looks good
any way to make the luncher with 4 rows instead of 5?
6th June 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

282 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by miko85

will this work for att guys too?

Unsure if it will work as is, but if you install the ATT kernel from here after flashing the ROM it will work then.
Last edited by pinguy1982; 13th September 2012 at 03:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinguy1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 45

190 posts
wow makes sense im back to nottach right now been on miui and cm9 for so long i forgot how to work factory **** i will reply back after flashing thanks for your work
6th June 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #6  
Flag The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks Meter: 760

2,407 posts
More
I had stock 2.3.6 on my bell atrix when I first rooted my phone back in February???
6th June 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

282 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA

I had stock 2.3.6 on my bell atrix when I first rooted my phone back in February???

I am from the UK. We haven't seen a 2.3.6 update. We could get 2.3.6 working with a custom kernel but I had problems with random reboots and calls getting cut off. It also had really bad battery life and over heated often. But this version is using the new bell kernel that was only released a few weeks ago here and I haven't had any of them issues since I have been using it.

The bell kernel is the first official kernel that will work for international users on 2.3.6
Last edited by pinguy1982; 13th September 2012 at 03:33 PM.
6th June 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #8  
Flag The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks Meter: 760

2,407 posts
More
When I was on 2.3.6 my battery life was ****!! lol

Hopefully the kernel in this build is better then the one that came with the bell 2.3.6 update back in feb
6th June 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #9  
Flag Staffordshire
Thanks Meter: 21

103 posts
More
I've got a UK Atrix and tried to install this 3 times earlier, just stays on the unlocked screen, i waited 20 mins before i did a battery pull. Come from CM7, and did all of the neccessary wipes first :(

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
6th June 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 19

266 posts
EDITED
Last edited by terminator1983; 6th June 2012 at 08:41 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread