5,599,254 Members 37,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] Mac Bootloader SuperCID Unlock Script

Tip us?

jnichols959
Old
(Last edited by jnichols959; 19th June 2012 at 12:58 AM.) Reason: added note that it works on 1.85 and removed link to the pre-1.85 root method
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default [TOOL] Mac Bootloader SuperCID Unlock Script

I created a double-clickable script for Mac users to allow them to unlock the bootloader on their AT&T or Rogers HTC One XL using the SuperCID. This is really a combination of the Linux script from JeepFreak and the Windows script from designgears (via kennethpnn) with some tweaks of my own. All of these are based on the exploit grankin01 found.

Requirements
  1. root (acquiring it varies based on your firmware version)
  2. USB Debugging enabled (Settings -> Developer Options) on your device
  3. Fast boot disabled (Settings -> Power) on your device

Installation
  1. Download OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_1.zip (sha1 available here if you want to verify download zip)
  2. Locate the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_1.zip file and double-click it
  3. Open the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_1 folder it creates
  4. Double click the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac file in that folder
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen

Additional Notes

Verified working on 1.73 and 1.85 but should really work on any firmware version as long as it's rooted already.

This script has two main parts: 1) Modifying the CID on your device to be the Super CID and 2) Unlocking the bootloader using an unlock code from htcdev.com. You can certainly stop the script after it finishes the first step if all you want is Super CID (maybe Rogers folks that are already unlocked but want Super CID). You can also run the script on a device that already has Super CID if you mainly want the script to do the actual bootloader unlock.

Many thanks to the xda users mentioned above that made this possible. I also wanted to thank cvv1984, aafevo and kaijuman for helping me test this on their own devices. If this is helpful to you please hit the Thanks button on this post and/or a post from the xda users mentioned above.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jnichols959 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aafevo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Can confirm this works like a charm! Thanks a lot to jnichols it made doing everything on my Mac a much easier experience. Very grateful.
The Following User Says Thank You to aafevo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeepFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Nicely done sir!
Billy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeepFreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jnichols959
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepFreak View Post
Nicely done sir!
Billy
That's too kind of you, seeing how your work (part of which is in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1673878) was the basis for much of my mac-tweaked script. You all might send some thanks JeepFreak's way at the link above for the Linux version that helped make this one that much easier.

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1987
Thanks man, been waiting for this. Gonna try it out when I get home from the grind today.
\m/(-_-)\m/

Crappyvate
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnichols959 View Post
I created a double-clickable script for Mac users to allow them to unlock the bootloader on their AT&T or Rogers HTC One XL using the SuperCID. This is really a combination of the Linux script from JeepFreak and the Windows script from designgears (via kennethpnn) with some tweaks of my own. All of these are based on the exploit grankin01 found.

Installation

You're going to need USB Debugging enabled (Settings -> Developer Options) and Fast boot disabled (Settings -> Power) on your device.
  1. Download OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_0.zip (sha1 available here if you want to verify download zip)
  2. Locate the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_0.zip file and double-click it
  3. Open the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_0 folder it creates
  4. Double click the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac file in that folder
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen

Additional Notes

This script has two main parts: 1) Modifying the CID on your device to be the Super CID and 2) Unlocking the bootloader using an unlock code from htcdev.com. You can certainly stop the script after it finishes the first step if all you want is Super CID (maybe Rogers folks that are already unlocked but want Super CID). You can also run the script on a device that already has Super CID if you mainly want the script to do the actual bootloader unlock.

Many thanks to the xda users mentioned above that made this possible. I also wanted to thank cvv1984 and aafevo for helping me test this on their own devices. If this is helpful to you please hit the Thanks button on this post and/or a post from the xda users mentioned above.
great. thanks man. Had used both these scripts in terminal but never had the time to merge. Great someone is doing some mac support.

How about RUU ??

jnichols959
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crappyvate View Post
great. thanks man. Had used both these scripts in terminal but never had the time to merge. Great someone is doing some mac support.

How about RUU ??
Yeah, I'd *love* to be able to run RUUs from a mac without virtualization but sadly I don't have any bright ideas for that one...

Crappyvate
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnichols959 View Post
Yeah, I'd *love* to be able to run RUUs from a mac without virtualization but sadly I don't have any bright ideas for that one...
Was able to extract rom.zip out of the .exe on my mac but that's as far as I went, never had the balls to attempt to try to flash it in fastboot. Apparently you would need to "cook it" through a rom kitchen.

If anyone has thoughts on this please chime in...

lordgregus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Awesome to have mac support! I just upgraded to the One X from an iPhone 3GS that I held on to for three years.

Question: Is this compatible with the OTA update that went out last night? I'm running 1.85 now.

phxblue
Old
(Last edited by phxblue; 7th June 2012 at 09:19 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 7
I keep getting this error. My phone is an AT&T phone.

"We don't recognize your current CID as a Rogers, AT&T or Super CID
and can not continue."

edit..

I tried changing usb cables and ports. Also rebooted both phone and computer. Double checked that debugging and fastboot are correct. The only thing i've done with this phone is flash the leaked ruu a couple weeks ago that AT&T is now pushing out.

I'm assuming 1.85 isn't supported yet.