[TOOL] Mac Bootloader SuperCID Unlock Script
I created a double-clickable script for Mac users to allow them to unlock the bootloader on their AT&T or Rogers HTC One XL using the SuperCID. This is really a combination of the Linux script from JeepFreak
and the Windows script from designgears
) with some tweaks of my own. All of these are based on the exploit grankin01
- root (acquiring it varies based on your firmware version)
- USB Debugging enabled (Settings -> Developer Options) on your device
- Fast boot disabled (Settings -> Power) on your device
- Download OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_1.zip (sha1 available here if you want to verify download zip)
- Locate the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_1.zip file and double-click it
- Open the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_1 folder it creates
- Double click the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac file in that folder
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Verified working on 1.73 and 1.85 but should really work on any firmware version as long as it's rooted already.
This script has two main parts: 1) Modifying the CID on your device to be the Super CID and 2) Unlocking the bootloader using an unlock code from htcdev.com. You can certainly stop the script after it finishes the first step if all you want is Super CID (maybe Rogers folks that are already unlocked but want Super CID). You can also run the script on a device that already has Super CID if you mainly want the script to do the actual bootloader unlock.
Many thanks to the xda users mentioned above that made this possible. I also wanted to thank cvv1984
for helping me test this on their own devices. If this is helpful to you please hit the Thanks button on this post and/or a post from the xda users mentioned above.