[GUIDE] Root Stock ICS Sense 3.6
As a precaution, it is a good idea to make sure that your battery is charged to at least 80%.
1. Download the Superuser App and Binary
2. Put your device into USB Mass Storage mode and place the downloaded zip (Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip) on to your SDcard.
3. You will need to unlock your bootloader to continue. Navigate to http://www.htcdev.com
, create an account, then select the Unlock Bootloader option. In the drop-down menu labeled 'Select your device', choose the 'HTC Vivid (AT&T)' option. It doesn't matter which model of the HTC Holiday you have.
4. Download the Clockworkmod PH39IMG.zip. Make sure your device is powered-off, plug in your USB cord, and power it on while holding the volume-down key. Press power again to select FASTBOOT. Extract the recovery.img from the PH39IMG.zip and flash it via fastboot using this command:
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery/nameofrecovery.img
5. Once it says that it's finished flashing, hit the power again to select BOOTLOADER. Use the volume keys to navigate to RECOVERY, and select it by pressing power. Your device will now reboot into recovery.
6. In Clockworkmod recovery, select 'Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard > Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip'. Navigate by using the volume keys and select by using the power button.
Congratulations, your device is now rooted.
HTC One (M8), HTC One X
ROM: Sense 6
Previous Devices: HTC Vivid, HTC Inspire (DHD), Sony Xperia X10, Motorola Razr
Click here for 2.5GB of free cloud storage.