- Clockworkmod Recovery - Clockworkmod Recovery 188.8.131.52
- Superuser App and Binary
- Downloaded and installed latest HTC Drivers
- USB Debugging enabled (Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging checked)
- USB Cable
- Android SDK properly setup
As a precaution, it is a good idea to make sure that your battery is charged to at least 80%.
1. Download the Superuser App and Binary
2. Put your device into USB Mass Storage mode and place the downloaded zip (Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip) on to your SDcard.
3. You will need to unlock your bootloader to continue. Navigate to http://www.htcdev.com, create an account, then select the Unlock Bootloader option. In the drop-down menu labeled 'Select your device', choose the 'HTC Vivid (AT&T)' option. It doesn't matter which model of the HTC Holiday you have.
4. Download the Clockworkmod PH39IMG.zip. Make sure your device is powered-off, plug in your USB cord, and power it on while holding the volume-down key. Press power again to select FASTBOOT. Extract the recovery.img from the PH39IMG.zip and flash it via fastboot using this command:
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery/nameofrecovery.img
6. In Clockworkmod recovery, select 'Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard > Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip'. Navigate by using the volume keys and select by using the power button.
Congratulations, your device is now rooted.