5,595,760 Members 39,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To Root HTC Wildfire S A510C CDMA Virgin Mobile!

Tip us?

rgsgroup2005
Old
(Last edited by rgsgroup2005; 8th June 2012 at 09:12 AM.) Reason: the thanks
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
Angry How To Root HTC Wildfire S A510C CDMA Virgin Mobile!

First, I'd like to thank Chlinkchlink, Heritz, and Superoneclick application for your help and original Root.zip File! Wouldn't work without this!

I Finally found the perfect method to root this Virgin Mobile Device with S-On (Or OFF)! I Spent 3 days on my customers phone at my computer shop figuring a good method without read/write or freeze errors. I Simply EXTRACTED the SUPERUSER and ROOT files from SUPERONECLICK application and PASTED those files into the ROOT.ZIP File provided. Result? The ULTIMATE ROOT.ZIP MODIFICATION! Below are the methods....

Forget to mention... "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK/BREAK/THROUGH YOUR PHONE OUT THE WINDOW/ Etc!" That can only happen if you fail to backup your device or fail to read my steps and HTC Dev. Thanks and HAPPY ROOTING!

Follow The HTC Dev method to unlock your bootloader. Sorry. Due to rules I am too new to submit links.

Then install clockworkmod recovery like you would through adb on your computer. Download from attachment. make sure you Extract it!

Place the clockworkrecovery image inside your Android Adb folder. Place your phone in bootloader usb mode and plug it into the computer. Open command prompt and browse to the folder where you placed the recovery
example how:
cd c:/

cd Android

Now Flash this bad recovery!
example on cmd prompt:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvelc.img

Now you have clockworkmod recovery!

Now hit Recovery on your cell...

Get My Modified Root.Zip File on link attached.

Now mount USB Storage and make sure your phone is still plugged in to computer.

Copy my modified Root.zip file you downloaded into the root of your MicroSD Card.

Unmount USB and flash the Root.zip file.

Reboot phone and you are now rooted! Donate / Like Me/ And good comments if I helped you!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip root.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.18 MB, 2101 views)
File Type: rar recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvelc.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.31 MB, 1944 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgsgroup2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wazazzle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your help with my phone. I'm glad you were able to figure it out after i gave up trying. In a few wks i'll get the VM Evo 3d 4g and swing by to have you do that phone as well. I'll let you know if i run into any issues or updates. Thanks once again!

ek100001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can anyone else verify this works?

Finally found something for wf s CDMA. Only 1 other person out there that has tried this? Anyone else?

F9zSlavik
Old
Thanks Meter 13
This would of helped me a while ago.
I had an issue where CWM 5.0.2.8 would freeze and restart itself. I had to use 4.X.X.X (don't remember the exact numbers) in order to be able to flash roms.

And maybe you can help me with this. I installed HenseMod with the VirginMobile patch, but I have no service. My carrier doesn't seem to know why either.
Does anyone know what the problem is?

rgsgroup2005
Old
(Last edited by rgsgroup2005; 23rd June 2012 at 06:06 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik View Post
I had an issue where CWM 5.0.2.8 would freeze and restart itself. I had to use 4.X.X.X (don't remember the exact numbers) in order to be able to flash roms.

And maybe you can help me with this. I installed HenseMod with the VirginMobile patch, but I have no service. My carrier doesn't seem to know why either.
Yes.. I am sure you need to go back to stock rooted rom. Then activate (or reactivate) with your carrier, then put the Hensemod back.
(Most HTC phones with SENSE won't activate with the carrier with any cyanogen based rom). It must have SENSE.

Android311
Old
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
Nice tut, thanks

Sent from my new LG Optimus Elite

kagevazquez
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik View Post

what provider do you have? and if its vm try another ROM that was made by someone with a marvelc (the guy who made your ROM doesn't have the phone)

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Android311
Old
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
I never had a problem with any of the cwm on the marvelc, maybe it was a bad install? I just use the old version then use ROM manager to flash the new version

Sent from my new LG Optimus Elite

UP_TO_KNOW_GOOD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sweet, thanks

Igooglegud
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Very helpful and a good consolidated version. I had more trouble unlocking the bootloader than following your HowTo!!!

Thanx Again!