The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How To Root HTC Wildfire S A510C CDMA Virgin Mobile!

OP rgsgroup2005

7th June 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Puyallup
Thanks Meter: 396

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
First, I'd like to thank Chlinkchlink, Heritz, and Superoneclick application for your help and original Root.zip File! Wouldn't work without this!

I Finally found the perfect method to root this Virgin Mobile Device with S-On (Or OFF)! I Spent 3 days on my customers phone at my computer shop figuring a good method without read/write or freeze errors. I Simply EXTRACTED the SUPERUSER and ROOT files from SUPERONECLICK application and PASTED those files into the ROOT.ZIP File provided. Result? The ULTIMATE ROOT.ZIP MODIFICATION! Below are the methods....

Forget to mention... "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK/BREAK/THROUGH YOUR PHONE OUT THE WINDOW/ Etc!" That can only happen if you fail to backup your device or fail to read my steps and HTC Dev. Thanks and HAPPY ROOTING!

Follow The HTC Dev method to unlock your bootloader. Sorry. Due to rules I am too new to submit links.

Then install clockworkmod recovery like you would through adb on your computer. Download from attachment. make sure you Extract it!

Place the clockworkrecovery image inside your Android Adb folder. Place your phone in bootloader usb mode and plug it into the computer. Open command prompt and browse to the folder where you placed the recovery
example how:
cd c:/

cd Android

Now Flash this bad recovery!
example on cmd prompt:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvelc.img

Now you have clockworkmod recovery!

Now hit Recovery on your cell...

Get My Modified Root.Zip File on link attached.

Now mount USB Storage and make sure your phone is still plugged in to computer.

Copy my modified Root.zip file you downloaded into the root of your MicroSD Card.

Unmount USB and flash the Root.zip file.

Reboot phone and you are now rooted! Donate / Like Me/ And good comments if I helped you!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip root.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.18 MB, 2279 views)
File Type: rar recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvelc.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.31 MB, 2107 views)
Last edited by rgsgroup2005; 8th June 2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: the thanks
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgsgroup2005 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2012, 05:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag NW
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thanks for your help with my phone. I'm glad you were able to figure it out after i gave up trying. In a few wks i'll get the VM Evo 3d 4g and swing by to have you do that phone as well. I'll let you know if i run into any issues or updates. Thanks once again!
16th June 2012, 05:02 AM   |  #3  

8 posts
Can anyone else verify this works?
Finally found something for wf s CDMA. Only 1 other person out there that has tried this? Anyone else?
16th June 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 13

397 posts
More
This would of helped me a while ago.
I had an issue where CWM 5.0.2.8 would freeze and restart itself. I had to use 4.X.X.X (don't remember the exact numbers) in order to be able to flash roms.

And maybe you can help me with this. I installed HenseMod with the VirginMobile patch, but I have no service. My carrier doesn't seem to know why either.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
23rd June 2012, 07:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Puyallup
Thanks Meter: 396

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb Here you go
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik

I had an issue where CWM 5.0.2.8 would freeze and restart itself. I had to use 4.X.X.X (don't remember the exact numbers) in order to be able to flash roms.

And maybe you can help me with this. I installed HenseMod with the VirginMobile patch, but I have no service. My carrier doesn't seem to know why either.

Yes.. I am sure you need to go back to stock rooted rom. Then activate (or reactivate) with your carrier, then put the Hensemod back.
(Most HTC phones with SENSE won't activate with the carrier with any cyanogen based rom). It must have SENSE.
Last edited by rgsgroup2005; 23rd June 2012 at 07:06 AM.
24th June 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 244

2,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice tut, thanks

Sent from my new LG Optimus Elite
25th June 2012, 07:26 AM   |  #7  
Jamaica Queens
Thanks Meter: 75

369 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik

what provider do you have? and if its vm try another ROM that was made by someone with a marvelc (the guy who made your ROM doesn't have the phone)

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk
26th June 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 244

2,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
I never had a problem with any of the cwm on the marvelc, maybe it was a bad install? I just use the old version then use ROM manager to flash the new version

Sent from my new LG Optimus Elite
30th June 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #9  

24 posts
sweet, thanks
26th July 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #10  

1 posts
Wink
Very helpful and a good consolidated version. I had more trouble unlocking the bootloader than following your HowTo!!!

Thanx Again!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread