OP bigoliver

7th June 2012, 07:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bridlington
Thanks Meter: 616

850 posts
More
Hi all,

Over on the international One X forum, we have a lot of people confirming a serious hardware fault where the wifi contact pins fail to connect to the antenna.

I am curious if this fault affects your s4 at&t version of the phone too.

There is a simple squeeze test you can do to check for the fault.

See the link here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1688538

Fingers crossed your not affected by it.

Oliver

*EDIT* HTC have confirmed the issue only affects the international HOX and the feedback this thread received seems to prove them correct. Great news. *EDIT-END*

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
Last edited by bigoliver; 9th August 2012 at 10:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigoliver For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2012, 07:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 200

1,630 posts
This applies to the AT&T and Rogers One X. If your phone has signal gain when you press on the wifi antenna area of the case, it's defective and will eventually lose connection completely over time, so get it replaced on warranty.
7th June 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 238

1,309 posts
Donate to Me
More
That's not what he was saying, he was just wondering if we had the issue. I can't get mine to drop below full signal with.WiFi, unless I go for a walk outside. So it isn't effexting my phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
7th June 2012, 08:10 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bridlington

850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r.j2

This applies to the AT&T and Rogers One X. If your phone has signal gain when you press on the wifi antenna area of the case, it's defective and will eventually lose connection completely over time, so get it replaced on warranty.

So this fault does applie to the at & t Rogers version? Yes if anyone does suffer this fault, get it replaced or repaired.

Have you been affected by the issue?

Cheers for your feedback

Sent from my HTC Desire
Last edited by bigoliver; 7th June 2012 at 08:55 AM.
7th June 2012, 08:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 208

1,587 posts
More
Thus far I cannot replicate this on my phone. Will test further later.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
7th June 2012, 08:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

87 posts
my question is, how do we know when our phones will start acting up? Even if we exchange the phone, then there's still the likelihood that the new phone'd also have problems. Unless, HTC already has made some design changes to the newly imported batch (doubt it)

p/s: I have also not seen wifi issues with my phone. But I'll give it some more observations. Then again, I exchanged a HOX before because it couldn't keep a constant signal. So who knows..
7th June 2012, 09:04 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bridlington

850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws2112

my question is, how do we know when our phones will start acting up? Even if we exchange the phone, then there's still the likelihood that the new phone'd also have problems. Unless, HTC already has made some design changes to the newly imported batch (doubt it)

p/s: I have also not seen wifi issues with my phone. But I'll give it some more observations. Then again, I exchanged a HOX before because it couldn't keep a constant signal. So who knows..

It may not affect s4 versions at all, it is currently confirmed to affect the international version of the One X, I want to see if other phones are affected too.

The mostly likely causes of the problem are 1. Overheating and 2. The wifi connection pins getting squashed flat whilst your phone is in your pocket.

Sent from my HTC Desire
The Following User Says Thank You to bigoliver For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 200

1,630 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws2112

If reception is poor and improves when you push the case where wifi antennas are placed, you have a defective unit and you should get a replacement immediately.
7th June 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 5

17 posts
damn i just sent my phone in for repairs because of a camera issue. i was experiencing the wifi signal drop prior to sending it in, but thinking it was a software problem. now, when i get my phone back ill most likely have to send it in again for repairs.
7th June 2012, 08:10 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
More
I believe our phones have the sam issue, when I press down I believe I do have an increased signal. Thanks for the heads up :/

-duf

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread