Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,779 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Play won't boot into Flash Mode

Tip us?

dannash918
Old
(Last edited by dannash918; 8th June 2012 at 04:46 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Xperia Play won't boot into Flash Mode

Hi,

I am having troubles. My Xperia Play won't boot into flash mode. USB debugging is on, phone is in MSC mode. I turn the phone off, press the back button while plugging in the USB cable and it boots into fastboot. (Blue LED light turns on and Flashtool recognises it as Fastboot mode). I am running DooMKernel and Ice-Cream SONY rom, but have tried changing ROMs and that doesnt affect it.

Thanks
Daniel

simpson1991
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Try to turn off your phone press the search button and connect it to your computer

Gesendet von meinem R800i mit Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to simpson1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xiEvo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
it the search button not the back button
The Following User Says Thank You to xiEvo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fareeed
Old
(Last edited by fareeed; 10th June 2012 at 02:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannash918 View Post
Hi,

I am having troubles. My Xperia Play won't boot into flash mode. USB debugging is on, phone is in MSC mode. I turn the phone off, press the back button while plugging in the USB cable and it boots into fastboot. (Blue LED light turns on and Flashtool recognises it as Fastboot mode). I am running DooMKernel and Ice-Cream SONY rom, but have tried changing ROMs and that doesnt affect it.

Thanks
Daniel
Hm, try this. Boot into recovery and from the reboot options select flash mode.

Goodluck

Edit: Sorry got confused with fastboot mode :P If you can try using another computer, could be a problem with drivers?
Sony Xperia Z
The Following User Says Thank You to fareeed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dannash918
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks heaps for your help. I thought it was back not search button. Unfortunately it's my search button that's broken which is why i'm trying to change it back to stock to send it in to my provider. Is there any other way besides using the search button? I tried a different PC as well and unfortunately that didnt work.

fma965
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannash918 View Post
Thanks heaps for your help. I thought it was back not search button. Unfortunately it's my search button that's broken which is why i'm trying to change it back to stock to send it in to my provider. Is there any other way besides using the search button? I tried a different PC as well and unfortunately that didnt work.
unlucky. I think there is no other way. to get in to fastboot you could send simple adb command but I don't think such a command exists for flashmode

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY MAKE SURE YOU TYPE "@Fma965" OR "QUOTE" MY POST

LG G2 SPECIFIC STUFF
Stock Firmware Mirror --- ROM Patcher

XPERIA PLAY SPECIFIC STUFF
My Website --- My Twitter --- My Threads

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fma965 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sdojoin
Old
Thanks Meter 618
If hav flashtool just enable the usb debugging, connect phone to pc, go to fastboot option menu then select "reboot into fastboot via adb"

Easy breezy Done it thousands time WITHOUT pushin any button. Just use flashtool's fastboot menu n makesure to enable usb debugging Enjoy

Hit thanks if this help

Thanks vokal1992
PLEASE USE THE THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST

DEVICE: R800i
ROM: Gin2JellyBean/DiXperia 2
KERNEL: DooMKerneL v14/oc'1201Ghz
The Following User Says Thank You to sdojoin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

burk33y
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I also have a dodgy search button that also plays up when tryin to get into flash mode, i just take the battery out and leave it for 5 mins and hope it works, failing that i get a pin and lift the search button up to try stop it.

Sent from my R800i using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to burk33y For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dannash918
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdojoin View Post
If hav flashtool just enable the usb debugging, connect phone to pc, go to fastboot option menu then select "reboot into fastboot via adb"

Easy breezy Done it thousands time WITHOUT pushin any button. Just use flashtool's fastboot menu n makesure to enable usb debugging Enjoy

Hit thanks if this help

Thanks vokal1992
This boots it into fastboot mode. Is there a way to boot in to flash mode through flashtool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burk33y View Post
I also have a dodgy search button that also plays up when tryin to get into flash mode, i just take the battery out and leave it for 5 mins and hope it works, failing that i get a pin and lift the search button up to try stop it.

Sent from my R800i using XDA
Thanks, tried that. removing the battery didnt help and i tried to lift up the button with a pin. I tried pressing the metal underneath but that still didnt work. Looks like thats the part thats broken.

Will Sony/SE fix hardware issues even if your phone is rooted? Or is hardware warranty lost as well.