Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

s-off Hboot 2.01.0001

Tip us?

ledzgio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default s-off Hboot 2.01.0001

Which is the best way to s-off my phone with HBOOT 2.01.0001, android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0? it is necessary to downgrade to a previous hboot or can I use a tool like revolutionary?

thanks

Epic.
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1252
yep you definitely need to downgrade hboot to 1.13 then run revolutionary, pm me so i can send you complete noob steps as i have for a few other ppl, 100% success rate!
HTC Incredible S

Rom: VivoKat by Szezso | Hboot: 2.02.0002 | Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel by Poondog | .19M Radio
The Unimaginable by Szezso | Project X Rebirth Rom | EpicBlue Theme By Me! | All In One Noob Guide to the Incredible S by Me!

The Following User Says Thank You to Epic. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miguelca
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenSuisydal View Post
yep you definitely need to downgrade hboot to 1.13 then run revolutionary, pm me so i can send you complete noob steps as i have for a few other ppl, 100% success rate!
I have exactly the same situation, versions included. Could you please help me? I've already rooted some devices, created goldcards, etc. I'm a noob but not 100%... Just 95%

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium
Phone: LG Google Nexus 4
Android version: 4.4.2 KitKat (stock)
Kernel: franco.Kernel r199

It's so easy to be grateful... please click thanks on my posts if I helped you.

Epic.
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelca View Post
I have exactly the same situation, versions included. Could you please help me? I've already rooted some devices, created goldcards, etc. I'm a noob but not 100%... Just 95%

Check your pm

HTC Incredible S

Rom: VivoKat by Szezso | Hboot: 2.02.0002 | Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel by Poondog | .19M Radio
The Unimaginable by Szezso | Project X Rebirth Rom | EpicBlue Theme By Me! | All In One Noob Guide to the Incredible S by Me!

The Following User Says Thank You to Epic. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sikandar9
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have unlocked boot loader using htcdev website, still s-on. But while installation of clock work mod recovery it asks for a root. What to do? How can I achieve root with proper s-off. I'm not afraid of warranty.

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikandar9 View Post
I have unlocked boot loader using htcdev website, still s-on. But while installation of clock work mod recovery it asks for a root. What to do? How can I achieve root with proper s-off. I'm not afraid of warranty.

If you have unlocked your bootloader, you can simply install ClockworkMod recovery in FASTBOOT USB mode using the command:

fastboot flash recovery [path to recovery.img]

You need to search, read and study to be successful.

deadlystrike
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenSuisydal View Post
i hope you got my message if not please sent me the steps

HardTrancid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a Canadian Bell Canada HTC Incredible S and would like to root my phone using the "Revolutionary" Method. How do I determine what HBOOT I am running? I've checked the About Phone / Software section and it doesn't show in there. Thanks alot for any help, if I brick this phone, I'll finally have an excuse to upgrade to the HTC One! =) Thanks Guys!

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardTrancid View Post
I have a Canadian Bell Canada HTC Incredible S and would like to root my phone using the "Revolutionary" Method. How do I determine what HBOOT I am running? I've checked the About Phone / Software section and it doesn't show in there. Thanks alot for any help, if I brick this phone, I'll finally have an excuse to upgrade to the HTC One! =) Thanks Guys!
Power off your phone. Then hold down the Volume Down key and then press and hold the Power button. This will boot you into the bootloader and you will see the HBOOT screen.

The version number is near the top.

http://i.imgur.com/9P5Ndl.jpg

HardTrancid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Appears I have HBOOT 1.13.0000 So this method should work I guess? Thanks for your assistance!