Firmware update Teamwin Issues...?

OP dopediculous

8th June 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 62

414 posts
More
Ok so I have the update from Asus, I'm rooted with an unlocked bootloader and TW recovery on .17

Everytime I try and flash the zip, it fails. I have rootkeeper and I also tried flashing the second zip file that's inside the first zip. It fails almost immediately while verifying its size or whatnot.
I think I read that trying to flash CWM over TW could brick. Do I need to or is there a way to relock the bootloader?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Last edited by dopediculous; 8th June 2012 at 08:42 PM.
8th June 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag chippewa
Thanks Meter: 22

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopediculous

Ok so I have the update from Asus, I'm rooted with an unlocked bootloader and TW recovery on .17

Everytime I try and flash the zip, it fails. I have rootkeeper and I also tried flashing the second zip file that's inside the first zip. It fails almost immediately while verifying its size or whatnot.
I think I read that trying to flash CWM over TW could brick. Do I need to or is there a way to relock the bootloader?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

You wont brick you're tablet if you switch recoveries, and you also don't flash them :P. Either way if your flashing stock Asus firmware in CWM read up and make sure you do it right. I bricked my tf300 trying to install the us .29 update. Haha

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
9th June 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #3  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 962

3,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Since you went through the trouble to help out the OP, I'll help you a bit. Technically, you do flash recoveries. How else would they get on the flash memory chips? Just because you don't flash recoveries through a recovery doesn't mean the process of installing them gets a new name.

Flashing = writing images/files to flash memory. How you do it doesn't matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessDissent For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2012, 03:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

414 posts
More
I'm so sorry for my wording. guess I should have made it so a complete retard could follow what I was asking... I had zero time to write this question and just dumped it out there. Either way, I think you knew what I was saying. So yeah... thanks for the help! ← sarcasm? Naaaah....

Also, its kinda interesting how when you root devices using methods like ADB, to get a recovery.img on the system, the command is usually something like " fastboot FLASH recovery recovery.img "
Don't ya think...?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium
Last edited by dopediculous; 9th June 2012 at 06:18 AM.
9th June 2012, 09:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag chippewa
Thanks Meter: 22

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopediculous

I'm so sorry for my wording. guess I should have made it so a complete retard could follow what I was asking... I had zero time to write this question and just dumped it out there. Either way, I think you knew what I was saying. So yeah... thanks for the help! ← sarcasm? Naaaah....

Also, its kinda interesting how when you root devices using methods like ADB, to get a recovery.img on the system, the command is usually something like " fastboot FLASH recovery recovery.img "
Don't ya think...?

I'm not sure how what I said was insulting, but I am quite sorry you took offense to what I said, and felt it was enough to call me a retard for. I do know that the file is flashed, but, like you I was short on time, and meant that you dont flash in in recovery. generally, unless its made to be a temp flash done in recovery.

At least EndlessDissent politely corrected me on my lack of abilty to communicate normally. and informed while doing it!
Last edited by enomele; 9th June 2012 at 09:16 AM.
9th June 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enomele

I'm not sure how what I said was insulting, but I am quite sorry you took offense to what I said, and felt it was enough to call me a retard for. I do know that the file is flashed, but, like you I was short on time, and meant that you dont flash in in recovery. generally, unless its made to be a temp flash done in recovery.

At least EndlessDissent politely corrected me on my lack of abilty to communicate normally. and informed while doing it!

All good man. Its not what ya say, its how ya say it and unfortunately via plain text, one can't really tell how ya meant to come off sounding. My apologies. Now can someone give me some guidance on how to get .29 on this thing? Lol

9th June 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #7  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 962

3,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you checked the md5sum to make sure it matches the correct value? It could be a bad download.
9th June 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessDissent

Have you checked the md5sum to make sure it matches the correct value? It could be a bad download.

I haven't, just because I've downloaded it twice already. Just figured it had to be good by the second try :/
Are the md5's posted on the Asus site that ya know? Sorry. Still mad busy and can't check for myself just yet. I work for vzw corporate and we all know how slammed the retail locations can be. Ugh. Lmk if ya can. I appreciate everything you guys!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread