Post Reply

[Q] Question about Galaxy Player 4.2 's DAC

9th June 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Does anyone know for sure if the 4.2 has the Wolfson DAC or does it have the Yamaha DAC like the 5.0's?

I looked, looked and looked but so far there's no confirmation on what DAC the 4.2 has.

Thanks!
10th June 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Anyone?

Please?
10th June 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2,738
 
3,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky310

Anyone?

Please?

It has the wolfson wm8994. The same as the galaxy player/s wifi 4.0 and the samsung galaxy s phone series.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

It has the wolfson wm8994. The same as the galaxy player/s wifi 4.0 and the samsung galaxy s phone series.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Can you please site your source of this info?

I am not saying that I don't believe you but after weeks of trying to find info on this I would like to read more about it for my own information.

Thanks again!!
11th June 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #5  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2,738
 
3,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky310

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Can you please site your source of this info?

I am not saying that I don't believe you but after weeks of trying to find info on this I would like to read more about it for my own information.

Thanks again!!

I looked up into the source code of the device which you can download at:

opensource.samsung.com
11th June 2012, 12:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

I looked up into the source code of the device which you can download at:

opensource.samsung.com

Got it!

Now I can finally decide on getting the 4.0 or 4.2 not having to worry about the DAC on the 4.2 being a Yamaha one.

Thanks so much for looking it up!
11th June 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #7  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2,738
 
3,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky310

Got it!

Now I can finally decide on getting the 4.0 or 4.2 not having to worry about the DAC on the 4.2 being a Yamaha one.

Thanks so much for looking it up!

No problem. Also I recommend to take the 4.0 as it is cheaper and it have voodoo sound now. (it has more features but it's up to you.)
Last edited by zaclimon; 11th June 2012 at 12:43 AM.
11th June 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

No problem. Also I recommend to take the 4.0 as it is cheaper and it have voodoo sound now. (it has more features but it's up to you.)

I agree with you, having the Voodoo mod available for the 4.0 is a huge plus.

So far there's a lot of resource for the 4.0 where as the 4.2, I was not even able to root it, all the 4.0 methods won't work on the 4.2. It's going to take a while for solutions to pop up for the 4.2.

I bought the 4.0 for $149 at Bestbuy today and the 4.2 is on sale for $179 this week so I was thinking I would get them both and then return one of them. Best Buy recently changed their return policy to 30 days (used to be 14 days) which is helpful.

The features I like about the 4.2 are the front speaker, larger batteries and the less of the chrome trim like on the 4.0. Also it has the newer version of the touchwiz which is much nicer than the one on the 4.0.

Do you have any opinion on which stable custom rom will give me the newer version of tourchwiz like on the 4.2? I really can't stand the lock screen on the 4.0.

Thanks again for everything.
11th June 2012, 11:24 AM   |  #9  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2,738
 
3,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
If you don't mind battery life you have CM7 and if you want a custom stock rom try klin's klassic. Also the gpu on the 4.0 is better as well as the Web browsing.


Sent from my YP-G1 using xda premium
11th June 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
I read about the Klassic Rom and also the CM7 but decided to wait because of the issues users reporting with them.

I need a stable mp3 player with good battery life which the 4.0 is out of the box but just wish it had the newer version of Touchwiz like the one on the 4.2.

I wish there is a rom out there with just that and no other tweeks.

I think I will pick up a 4.2 tomorrow and give it another go to see which one I like more.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Player 4.0, 5.0 General by ThreadRank