Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{MOD's}{How to's} Create a custom notification dropdown! Remove status bar clock!

Tip us?

jeffsanace
Old
(Last edited by jeffsanace; 10th June 2012 at 06:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,878

DONATE TO ME
Default {MOD's}{How to's} Create a custom notification dropdown! Remove status bar clock!

Create a custom background for your notification dropdown.

Assuming you already know how to decompile, edit and recompile apk's

Let's start by decompiling SystemUI.apk

Once decompiled find the values folder and open it. Now right click on the drawables.xml and open with notepad++ change the values as shown below save and exit.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_tracking_bg">#00000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_number_text_color">#ffffffff</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color">#0000000 0</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color_pressed"> #ff257390</item>
<item type="drawable" name="ticker_background_color">#00000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_background_solid">#800000 00</item>
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_app_thumbnail_background" >#80000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_notification_row_background_color ">#00000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_header_bg">#00000000</item>
<item type="drawable" name="recents_callout_line">#99ffffff</item>
<item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_legacy_color"># 00000000</item>
</resources>

***NOTE- The above can be hard coded to your desired color without having to add the custom image I'm about to describe below. You will still need to make the notificaton_tracking_bg.9 transparent so it will not stack with the coded color.

Now you need to make your custom background image. I named mine shade_bg (240x400) make sure the image is rgb or it will not show correctly, you can name what you like,

and add this image to res/drawable-xhdpi. Also while in that folder, find notification_tracking_bg.9, this image needs to be made transparent or your images will stack on top of one another.

The easiest way to do that is to open up Gimp, pull decompiled image into the window, select the rectangle tool and make a box around the image except for the patch lines.Go to edit then cut,

that will remove the background without breaking the patch. Now save the image in place of the old one.

Once thats done, navigate to res/layout folder and open it. Inside find status_bar_tracking.xml, right click and open with notepad++.

Add android:background="drawable/shade_bg" in line 2 as shown below.

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingVi ew androidrientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/shade_bg" androidaddingLeft="0.0px" androidaddingRight="0.0px" androidaddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

Once all this is done you can now recompile your SystemUI.apk sign, zipalign and install. You should now have the background you created as your dropdown.

Enjoy your new dropdown, get creative, and happy modding.

Here's another quick one.

Remove statusbar clock....

Navigate to res/layout and find status_bar.xml, right click and open with

notepad++ then just add the text in the entry you see below highlighted in red. Recompile, sign and zipalign. No more clock!

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusB arView androidrientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
<LinearLayout androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" androidaddingLeft="6.0dip" androidaddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<LinearLayout androidrientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<TextView android:textColor="@color/white" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/plmnLabel" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconVie w android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
<TextView android:textColor="@color/white" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/callTime" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" androidaddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:scaleType="center" />
</LinearLayout>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:visibility="gone" androidaddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout androidrientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" androidaddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageVie w android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageVie w android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" />
</ImageSwitcher>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" androidaddingTop="2.0dip" androidaddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
</LinearLayout>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textSize="16.0sp" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" androidaddingLeft="6.0px" androidaddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
<include android:id="@id/glow" layout="@layout/status_bar_glow" />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBa rView>

Thanks to my Bad Seed brothers for all that we accomplish together.

If I have helped you, Please hit the the THANKS BUTTON!

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeffsanace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,878

DONATE TO ME
Reserved for more mods!

Nextup.....

Sent from LTEVO!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2,810
Working magic already, huh? How'd you get notification toggles, or you using an app for that?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

jeffsanace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,878

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74 View Post
Working magic already, huh? How'd you get notification toggles, or you using an app for that?

I have quick settings but that is switchpro widgets from the market. Great app, you can put almost anything you want in there, re color, different backgrounds, even has reboot with recovery built in.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

killakarl
Old
Thanks Meter 237
You at it again Jeff??? Nice work.

We need some cyan dragons.

Sent from El Tevo Pokemon style!!!!

Ladicx
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace View Post
Reserved for more mods!

Nextup.....

Sent from LTEVO!
Care to share that app drawer image? Looks great

Sent from Mars on my EVO LTE

jeffsanace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,878

DONATE TO ME
The app drawer image is mcluvn's, I hope to get a how to up for it soon. That one requires a lot more edits then just adding the image. The apps need to be aligned to fit the shelves. I'll ask him if he minds me sharing the image.

Sent from LTEVO!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fernando sor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,423
Wow BadSeed customs must be the real deal. Thank you kind sir!

Bad seed Customs Founder

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fernando sor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mayfield103
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,162

DONATE TO ME
Uh oh who let you in here? ;) there goes the neighborhood

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mayfield103 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knightwolf123
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,947

DONATE TO ME
Woohoooo! another class from the school of bad seed!

let me get my pen and paper...

thanx again jeff!!
My Android Family.. M7,Jewel,Shooter,Supersonic,sgs1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knightwolf123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]