Please thank/donate to CM project, and especially the IHO developers, Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, and many others.
I prefer MiRaGe to be a barebones/basic ROM closely following CyanogenMod. The changes below are only aimed at enhancing the performance, fixing bugs, and slight touches on the interface without diverging from the original.
The followings are added:
- Custom MiRaGe kernel compiled with gcc-4.6 linaro toolchain using -O2 optimization
- ICS fonts for system and lockscreen clock,
- ICS style battery, signal, wifi, sdcard, data icons for statusbar,
- ICS icons for the power widgets, menu, and settings,
- transparent notification background,
- Android boot logo
- Cyanbread_light: a tiny theme to replace the orange highlights with cyan/blue that matches with the recent Google Play apps (included in the ROM) (source code is here )
- Unique bluetooth MAC addresses. Source code here
- Baseband version in About Phone screen. Source code here
- Bluetooth volume settings are not limited by voice dialer. Source code here
- AGPS patch for better accuracy. Available here
- Optional stock Android 2.3.5 Launcher2 available here
- Simple IO scheduler in the kernel which has less overhead for the system and more suitable for flash memory
- BFS 4.04 CPU scheduler for quicker user interface and better efficiency
- TinyRCU Read-copy update (RCU) synchronization mechanism which improves scalability by allowing readers to execute concurrently with writers and reduces the system overhead.
- Many bug/security fixes for ext2, ext3, ext4, fat, mmc file systems, sound system, block layer, bluetooth, networking, and ARM architecture backported from 184.108.40.206 kernel.
- Computing network protocol sequence numbers and fragment IDs using MD5 instead of inaccurate MD4 in the kernel.
- Backport staging android drivers and ashmem from lge msm7x27 kernel
- Sluggish accelerometer problem is fixed in the kernel with updated sensor drivers from the 220.127.116.11 lge msm7x27 kernel drivers
- Improved Compass accuracy and response time with updated sensor drivers from the 18.104.22.168 lge msm7x27 kernel drivers
- Backported the updates and fixes in mach-msm/qdsp5 code from the 22.214.171.124 lge msm7x27 kernel to resolve phone freezing while playing music with Google Play Music app.
- Updated the interactive CPU governor with the latest version and removed smartass and interactiveX governors that were derivatives of the old interactive governor in addition to userspace and powersave governors that are more suitable for desktop systems.
- Added SLQB as the default memory allocator
- use optimized strnlen, strncpy, and crc32 functions in ARM (thanks to faux123)
- added KSM support in the kernel and dalvik-vm (reverted in 07302012 build for now)
- default to hardware EGL libraries (adreno200) instead of using generic android EGL libraries (thanks to leolawliet)
- kernel patched to fix entropy depleting
- swtiched to Koush's Superuser
- updated to the latest CM bootanimation
- CYAN-1602 security fix merged (Android-8219321 security fix to Bluebox security bug)
Changelog for CM and MiRaGe kernel:
Detailed list of CyanogenMod 7 changes are here.
Complete list of my changes on the IHO kernel are here.
MiRaGe 07132013 build. MD5sum: 7a909831b9f1cad23656908c1b32e8a1
VM670_VZW conversion for MiRaGe 07132013 build. MD5sum: 2bb4122d3d16df7796c69b216401ed09 (for VM670 on Verizon network) (read this link first regarding OV with VZW)
LS670 conversion for MiRaGe 07132013 build. MD5sum: 808014d10ce924dcef7b7c412fd19f42 (for LS670 on Sprint network)
Latest build of MiRaGe kernel (04/26/2013). MD5sum: d8cd3b0ead9d37789c916cebbb0e2214
For service providers other than VM, you can flash one of the VM670_VZW or LS670 conversion patches (not both) after flashing the VM670 build. If you are just upgrading from the previous MiRaGe by wiping only cache/dalvik-cache, you can flash either patch right after ROM without rebooting. Otherwise, booting once before flashing the patch is necessary after /system wipe.
GAPPS is not included. You can download it at the following link. Choose the package for CM7 (Android 2.3.7) (20110828).
Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki
Please see the IHO Wiki, stickies in this forum, and "Suggestions & Recommendations" section in the third post in this thread before asking questions.
You can use my builds without my permission for derivatives/ports to distribute as long as proper credits given. Source is open and I have links above to all of the source code changes I have made on Android and kernel code. You can use the source code without any permission.