App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] How to partiton sd card from CWM Recovery?

10th June 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Okay, so, I want to flash hephappy's Cyanogenmod 9 (which looks amazing, btw you should check it out) which requires partitoning of the sd card. This is exactly what it says:

-Partition sdcard: swap-size: 64MB, Ext2-size: 300MB, Continue partitioning, SD:ext2 to ext3

So, I already know this means I have to move the contents of my sd card to a computer if I don't want its contents to be deleted. But anyway, how would I do this through ClockworkMod Recovery version 5.0.2.0? Also, for this ROM, is it completely necassary to paartiton my sd caard, what will happen if i don't, because I don't really need apps on my sd card.
Thanks in advance
10th June 2012, 09:45 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Musselkanaal
Thanks Meter: 5,685

2,041 posts
More
It's not necessary
Will run perfect without it. If you want to use swap just use an app that creates a virtual swap on your sd.

Send from my phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to _Arjen_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Wait so your saying I don't even need to patition my sd card? Also, what does swap mean? (lol)
11th June 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
CWM doesn't give you option for creating a partition of 300mb,it gives either 256 or 512 mb.better use amonRA recovery or 512 mb partition.In order to partition first of all BACKUP all the data of your sd card then boot into CMW then go to advanced then partition then create partition then enter the given values of swap and memory.then wait for a while then you are done!! the memory card will be formated too so copy back the backed up files

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_death

CWM doesn't give you option for creating a partition of 300mb,it gives either 256 or 512 mb.better use amonRA recovery or 512 mb partition.In order to partition first of all BACKUP all the data of your sd card then boot into CMW then go to advanced then partition then create partition then enter the given values of swap and memory.then wait for a while then you are done!! the memory card will be formatted too so copy back the backed up files

I also suggest you better use amonRA it partition is really needed then because according to above required requirements,amonRA recovery fulfills it exactly.you can partition 300mb,with swap size 64 mb and upgrade from ext2 to ext3 in that recovery.
18th June 2012, 11:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
I did this yesterday successfully... Backup ur six card data before u do this, cos it gets erased. In Cwm, go to partition sdcard, select ext size 512(doesn't matter if it's not 300) thn swap size 64. After success, reboot phone, install link2sd, run it, allow superuser access, select ext 2 wen it asks, reboot, open link2sd, goto settings, and select automatic linking.
Voila.. U are done!!
Works on my phone. Tested...

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA
18th June 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 24

67 posts
Ever heard of 4ext recovery ??

Sent from my HTC nexus one using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread