Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[RUU][leak] 3.14.605.10

OP izzaeroth

12th June 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #101  
RoyHinkley's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kingsland
Thanks Meter: 54
 
175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Does anybody know what changed in this leak from the 5/7 leak? I've already read that it's the same kernel.
12th June 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #102  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Allow me to ask a noob question....How to flash it?
Rename to PH98IMG and flash on bootloader? Or flash it like flash a ROM on recovery?
12th June 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #103  
Kaptain75329's Avatar
Member
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 8
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet7682441

Allow me to ask a noob question....How to flash it?
Rename to PH98IMG and flash on bootloader? Or flash it like flash a ROM on recovery?

Should be the bootloader.. Android Police had these directions posted for the last RUU leak:
  • After downloading the file, rename it to "PH98IMG.zip" (no quotes)
  • Place the renamed file onto the root of the SD Card
  • Power down your device
  • Reboot into the bootloader by holding VOL DOWN + Power
  • The flashing process should begin automatically

It's been noted on a couple of sites and in the comments that it's a good idea to flash this twice in a row in order to ensure success. Further, be advised the RUU wipes the phone clean. SD card should be OK, but I'd backup just in case.

What has me puzzled is this leak not making news on that site or others.. seems kinda fishy and so I'm hesitant to flash this not knowing the usual semi official stuff.
Last edited by Kaptain75329; 12th June 2012 at 04:48 PM.
12th June 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #104  
werdna87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mass
Thanks Meter: 173
 
1,243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain75329

Should be the bootloader.. Android Police had these directions posted for the last RUU leak:

  • After downloading the file, rename it to "PH98IMG.zip" (no quotes)
  • Place the renamed file onto the root of the SD Card
  • Power down your device
  • Reboot into the bootloader by holding VOL DOWN + Power
  • The flashing process should begin automatically

It's been noted on a couple of sites and in the comments that it's a good idea to flash this twice in a row in order to ensure success. Further, be advised the RUU wipes the phone clean. SD card should be OK, but I'd backup just in case.

What has me puzzled is this leak not making news on that site or others.. seems kinda fishy and so I'm hesitant to flash this not knowing the usual semi official stuff.

Believe me, its very official. i would know
12th June 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #105  
Kaptain75329's Avatar
Member
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 8
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by werdna87

Believe me, its very official. i would know

Definitely don't want to step on any toes, so naturally I won't ask how you know.
All the same, I can't help but be curious.. any thoughts on why the blogs are all cloak & dagger on this?
12th June 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #106  
werdna87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mass
Thanks Meter: 173
 
1,243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain75329

Definitely don't want to step on any toes, so naturally I won't ask how you know.
All the same, I can't help but be curious.. any thoughts on why the blogs are all cloak & dagger on this?

honestly i have no idea. it's a pretty recent build tho and likely to be the OTA IMO
12th June 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #107  
izzaeroth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 147
 
310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
chg log and why it wasnt posted on AP and such
chg log was it removed the caller id app, fixed data widget issues and sms thread..since it was such a minor update we decided not to post but i figured u guys can beta test and what not
12th June 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #108  
Kaptain75329's Avatar
Member
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 8
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Good to know. I'm guessing we're just about ready for OTA.. just the final testing, sign off, and what not. I'm guessing if there were any glaring bugs with this leak, we'd know about it by now, especially since the kernel and radios appear to be the same.
12th June 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #109  
Poolman1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Is this just the Radio only??

Nevermind, its not, sorry.
Last edited by Poolman1; 12th June 2012 at 10:45 PM.
12th June 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #110  
hgoldner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 585
 
2,189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Oh, pulease people, if somebody says it's the OTA, don't expect a certificate with a Verizon Wireless seal on it to verify. We're all on our own here anyway. Even if it's not ---- run it or don't. Yeesh.

As to SetCPU and perflock and kernels, I have been running SetCPU just fine on ICS --- with profiles to underclock and no overclocking. I have virtually no heat issues that aren't related to something else (like letting the phone sit in the sun). You can't disable perflock on the Rezound --- not yet. Eventually we'll get kernel source and then the kernel magicians can do their tricks.

No, I haven't flashed this yet, but I fully intend to when I'm done the download and have backed things up here.

And I've also regained root with Amon Ra on ICS when I was pretty much screwing around with everything, but it doesn't really matter because a ROM can provide for root, e.g. Nils' 5.0 just out rebased on this RUU, not taking anything away from Con's brilliant work on the Rezound.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes