so i've got this process... looks good... but the downoadable components were in Megaupload, that now shows FBI Warning... helpless..
I) Formatting the SD Card and Downgrading to RC29
(YOU WILL DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR SD CARD!)
1. Plug your USB cable into your computer and then plug your phone in.
2. Mount your SD card by sliding down the notification bar and selecting mount.
3. Go to My Computer and access your SD card.
4. BACKUP ANY FILES THAT YOU WANT ONTO YOUR COMPUTER. VERY
5. Go back to my computer and right click on the drive that is your sd card. Click format. Choose FAT32 from the drop down and hit the format button. This removes all data from your memory card.
6. Once the format is complete: drag and drop "DREAIMG.nbh & Update.zip files that you downloaded into the sd card. (DO NOT create a folder or anything, just put it right in the SD card)
7. Unmount your phone by going through the notification bar and then unplug your phone from your computer. Them turn off your phone.
8. Press and hold the camera+end key until until you see a screen with colored bars, then let go. This is the bootloader. The screen will turn gray with blue writing on it.
9. Hit the end key to start the update. DON'T DO ANYTHING UNTIL THIS IS DONE!
10. Once it is finished press the trackball to reboot. (If it goes back the the colored bar screen and doesn't reboot try holding the home+menu+end key, if this doesn't work, just remove the batter and put it back in and turn the phone on)
11. Once the phone is on, just turn it back off.
12. Now press the Home+End keys until you see a triangle with an exclamation point in it (this is recovery mode). Once you see this let go of the buttons.
13. Open the keyboard and press the ALT and L buttons, and then Press ALT and S buttons. Now wait until the phone reboots (it will do this automatically once the update is applied) (Don't worry if you see picture of a box and a g1 or a chip with an arrow)
14. Once the phone reboots, go ahead and and go through the welcome guide and get to the home screen.
II) Flashing a Recovery Image
1. Now with your phone at the home screen, go to settings>applications> an turn on unknown sources.
2. Now go to settings>SD card and Phone Storage>Unmount SD Card
3. Now Click format sd card and go ahead and format your sd card. It will automatically remount after.
4. Go back to the home screen and plug and mount the phone to the computer again as you did earlier.
5. Place the following files you downloaded earlier right into the sd card: FlashRec.apk, and Amon Ra's Recovery Image (Again not in any folder or anything, just on the sd card)
6. Once they are transferred go ahead and unmount and unplug your phone from the computer
7. Go and download a file manager from the android market (I suggest LINDA FILE MANAGER)
8. Once downloaded, open the file manager and go to SD card, and click the FlashRec.apk file and then click install. If it asks -> Tell it to use package installer to open it (it probably wont ask but if it does)
9. Once installed click open (it will be on bottom left of screen)
10. Then click the button that says "backup recovery image"
11. Once it says "backup complete" open the keyboard and type the following: /sdcard/recovery.img
12. Then click "flash custom recovery image" and wit until it says "Flash complete"
13. Go back to the home screen and then turn off the phone.
14. Turn the phone back on into recovery mode by holding down the home and power buttons. You will see a bunch of text on top of a black background with an HTC logo in the middle.
III) Partitioning and Loading the latest radio
1. Scroll down to "Partition SD Card"
2. Click "Partition SD"
3. Press the Home key to confirm
4. Use the trackball to increase the "swap size" to 96MB then press Home key
5. Make sure "EXT2" is set to 512 MB then Click the Home Key
6. Make sure "Fat32 size" is set to remainder and then press the Home Key and then the phone will begin partitioning.
7. Once partitioning is complete scroll down and select to "SD: ext2 to ext3" and then press the Home key. Wait for it to upgrade.
8. Once the Upgrade is complete hit the "back" button to get back to the main menu. Then scroll down and select "USB-MS Toggle" and wait for it to enable.
9. Now plug the phone into the computer again. Now transfer the files downloaded earlier: G1 Radio, G1 HardSPL, Generic G1 Rom w/ root, to the phone. (AGAIN KEEP THE FILES JUST IN THE SD CARD AND NOT IN A FOLDER OR SOMETHING)
10. Once the transfer is complete hit the Home key to disable the USB-MS toggle and return back to the main menu of recovery mode. Unplug your phone.
11. Scroll down and select "Flash .zip from SDcard"
12. Select the G1 Radio file (named OTA Radio or something like that) and hit the Home key to confirm. DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER FILE, THE RADIO MUST BE DONE FIRST.
13. Once the Radio Flash is complete Press Home+Back to reboot the phone. It will then say "writing radio image" and then reboot back into recover mode (this will take some time)
14. Once back into recovery mode, scroll and select "Flash zip from SDcard" again.
15. This time choose the SPL file (named somthing like "Latest G1 SPL.zip") and then click the HOME KEY to confirm.
16. Once it finishes, hit HOME+Back to reboot once again. It will say "writing boot image" and then reboot
back to recovery mode.
17. Once again scroll to "Flash zip from SDCard" and choose the Generic G1 Rom file (Named something like Generic G1 Root Rom.zip) and click Home to confirm and wait for it to finish.
18. Once finished it should go back to the main menu and say"Install from SD card complete"
19. Now click on the "Reboot System Now" choice. (Home+Back)
20. Wait for the phone to reboot back into Android.
IV)Installing CYANOGENMOD 6 (Android 2.2 Froyo for HTC DREAM)
1. Once back into Android, turn the phone back off.
2. Hold the Home + power keys to turn the phone on and get it back into recovery mode
3. Select "USB-MS Toggle" and wait for it to enable
4. Once enabled, plug your phone in and transfer the CYANOGENMOD6 and GAPPS file ito your SD card/phone. (again not in any folder, just in the sd card)
5. Once the files are transferred, press the Home key to disable USB-MS Toggle and return to the main menu, and then unplug your phone.
6. Scroll down and select "wipe" and then select "wipe data / factory reset" and then hit the Home key to confirm. Wait for it to finish the wipe. It will say "Data wipe complete"
7. Hit the back key to return to the main menu.
8. Scroll and select "Flash Zip from SDCard"
9. Select the CYANOGENMOD 6 ROM Named something like "update-cm-6.0.0-DS-RC1-signed.zip" and hit Home to confirm and wait for it to finish.
10. Once finished it will go back to the main menu and say "Install from SD Card Complete"
11. Go back to "Flash Zip from SDCard"
12. Select the Gapps File Named something like "gapps-mdpi-FRF91-3-signed.zip" and click home to confirm.
13. Once it is finished you should be back at the main menu. Select "Reboot System Now" and wait for the phone to reboot.
14. The reboot will take some time, (roughly 5-10 minutes) so don't freak out. Just put your phone down and go do something =)